The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #501
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttotheusher View Post
Did you see that Zusi is on trial at West Ham Darth? Would be a great addition to the Prem.
Zusi has been excellent in MLS but he really put his name on the map with his performances for the USMNT. He had people saying Landon who? for a bit there.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #502
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Without a doubt, the performance vs. Panama was the most one-sided 1-0 I've ever seen. Plus, he's that right sided midfielder that West Ham sorely lack.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #503
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

There's so many Americans in Europe right now on trial or just training with teams. I mean Agudelo to Celtic seems like something that might happen.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #504
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

cheers guys, sadly the company i worked with simply folded and its a pain in the ass.

in other news i hear the linesman who told city to go see the fans has been suspended without pay

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 01-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #505
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I'm worried I might be in the same situation soon mate so you have my sympathy

what a joke that is why on earth have they had to suspend him!?

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #506
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

he influenced the players decisions and showed a bias opinion

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #507
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

In other good news, good to hear Stu Holden made an appearance on the pitch for Bolton tonight.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #508
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
he influenced the players decisions and showed a bias opinion
dunno if thats the official line or your opinion on the mstter - but all he did was say lescott should say thanks, then stated a fact, they had paid 62

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #509
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
dunno if thats the official line or your opinion on the mstter - but all he did was say lescott should say thanks, then stated a fact, they had paid 62
thats a line a lot of pundits are using for the reason he was suspended.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #510
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Apparently Remy and M'Vila are heading to QPR. They must be fans of the Championship.
Harry Redknapp convinces M'Vila to join QPR by telling him to use them as a stepping stone to Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea

Remy & M'Vila are both very good talents, particularly M'Vila a little more so I feel.

M'Vila will tighten up their midfield a little better I feel & perhaps help them from conceding, however there biggest problem this season has been scoring goals & I don't feel Remy is capable of scoring a high volume of goals before the end of the season. I actually feel he operates better as a winger than a striker & given his speed he could be capable of creating more chances for them that hopefully someone can finish.

I actually think Redknapp can keep QPR up. At this particular point in time the 3 teams I would be inclined to think will end up being relegated based on recent performances will be Aston Villa who I think will finish rock bottom, Reading & Newcastle finishing the highest of the 3.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #511
bapi
Side-Kick

Looks like Pep to Bayern done after all. Huge blow for City, can't wait if we'll make 3 points or 4 in CL next season.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #512
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Looks like Pep to Bayern done after all. Huge blow for City, can't wait if we'll make 3 points or 4 in CL next season.
truthfully he was never going to city in the premier league it was united or nothing, i'm not saying this as a fan but from more of a reality stand point, city may have the money but united have the history and the impact name and that what pep always seems to be about

Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #513
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
truthfully he was never going to city in the premier league it was united or nothing, i'm not saying this as a fan but from more of a reality stand point, city may have the money but united have the history and the impact name and that what pep always seems to be about
hmmmmmn I always thought Chelsea might be in with a better shot at landing him than united TBH

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #514
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

He apparently turned down more money from Chelsea to go to Bayern, as he wasn't keen on the circus-like atmosphere that is being employed there these days. I think he was keen on the United post, but that's being earmarked for Mourinho eventually, imo.

He apparently wanted to go to a team that was set up and equipped to be challenging immediately, according to Ballague. The Bayern job seems like the safest option for him, imo. He'll be taking on almost a one team league in Germany, plus a team who is almost always there in Europe every year.

Coming to the PL would have been the bigger test for him, as the competition would have been more fierce and there are a number of teams who are as strong as each other.

Last edited by Van Petrol; 01-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #515
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
hmmmmmn I always thought Chelsea might be in with a better shot at landing him than united TBH
truthfully i think its do with all the connections, fergie tried to sign him as a player, fergie has remained in constant contact even visiting him during the sabbatical, fergie also wrote the foreward for peps book

the rumours are the bayren job is a 2 year thing same as what fergie says he has left

Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #516
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
truthfully i think its do with all the connections, fergie tried to sign him as a player, fergie has remained in constant contact even visiting him during the sabbatical, fergie also wrote the foreward for peps book

the rumours are the bayren job is a 2 year thing same as what fergie says he has left
The Bayern job is a 3 year deal. He has ties with us too, he did some of his coaching badges with us, and he is friends with Wenger. There was also a report that came out last month that the Arsenal job was his top choice in England, but that he wouldn't angle for Wenger to leave as a result of him potentially taking the post. But he asked to be kept informed of things.

Personally, I'd love Mourinho to take the Arsenal post once Wenger decides to call it quits, as he will really likely light a firework under the backsides of these underperformers. Failing that, Jurgen Klopp would be my next favourite option. Knowing us though, it will be someone nobody's ever heard of.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #517
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Guardiola tells Arsenal: You're my top choice in England

There has also been talk from the very reputable French Jounalist and a friend of Wenger's Philippe Auclair that Wenger may indeed decide to call it quits at the end of this season. He was asked if Wenger was likely to move upstairs and he replied, "Not with the current board. I don't trust the board". Wenger however, still has another year to run on his deal, and he has never ever broken a contract before, so it's likely he will persist on until his deal expires.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #518
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Apparently Remy and M'Vila are heading to QPR. They must be fans of the Championship.
Yeh gotta love Harry, last weeks he was sick of the overpaid foreign mercs at the club, the next week he signs 2 more!

M'Bia, Diakite now M'Vila.... I feel abit sorry for Shaun Derry he always does a job for QPR but they seem determined to replace him with a sexier name.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #519
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually it looks like our spaniards were sure he won't sign that contract with Bayern. Reminds me our attemps to sign De Rossi when Mancini was saying whole summer that it's ok that he'll convince him... Our similar problems with Alexis and Hazard transfers. Just can't finish their job.

However I think Pep won't need to sign more than 2 or 3 players there and I think he'll be very succesful with Bayern.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #520
B
[insert witty comment]

I'd rather have Mourinho than Guardiola anyway.

I personally think Guardiola has everything to prove at Bayern. I feel he somewhat fell into that Barcelona job at a time when the likes of Messi, Xavi & Iniesta were all starting to hit their peaks or improve as players dramatically. To a degree, I'm calling him lucky.

He didn't revolutionise Barcelona's playing style as people like to believe, that ball to feet, tiki-taka style of football is inbred into Spanish players & in particular any youth that came through the Barcelona ranks. Vilanova is proof of how easy that job is when you've got 4 or 5 world class players that have played together through youth & are all very adept at the tactics they've been taught as youngsters.

I think he's a talented manager don't get me wrong, however I feel his trophy haul at Barca is somewhat flattering to the level of talent I feel he is currently at. I think he has chosen wisely with Bayern. They are an organised team with a good, youth setup, they play fast, fluent & efficient football.. they aren't that far off Barcelona overall. I feel he'll be quite comfortable in the job considering he will again have joined a team that is stable & strong.

Mourinho is a proven winner. He can go to any team & get them to perform. He is more similar to Ferguson than what Guardiola is in the sense that he can get the best out of his more average players. Arsenal would have been a good project for Guardiola.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #521
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Wilshere is for real. You better hope Arsenal lock him up for a long time VP.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #522
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
He apparently turned down more money from Chelsea to go to Bayern, as he wasn't keen on the circus-like atmosphere that is being employed there these days. I think he was keen on the United post, but that's being earmarked for Mourinho eventually, imo.
I can't say I blame him. Until Chelsea change how they handle the club, and this means sacking a few people behind the scenes and on the board who obviously have sh#t for brains as well Roman staying out of it more, it will be increasingly difficult for them to draw a big name talent who genuinely isn't just in it for the inevitable pay-off.

I've heard rumblings Jose could be back at the bridge, but I can't see it. I know he's apparently on good terms with Roman now, and he knows the club inside out (including the back-stabbers like the current 'technical director' who stuck it to RDM at the first opportunity. This clown has ###k-all knowledge of football btw), and the fans would love Jose back....but after his last go I figure he wouldn't come back unless club capitulated to written terms on non-interference that Roman would be unlikely to agree to.

UTD does look like the best bet for a Jose return to England, but that depends on when/if Fergie decides to call it a day, and I'm inclined to think he is happy to carry on until he leaves Old Trafford in a box (I think what happened to Clough and Robson might be influencing him there)

Oh, and on tonight's game...One again, dominated, should have won, but Southampton create just 2 good chances (the first should have been disallowed for a blatant 2 handed shove on Cahill by the scoring striker mind you) and they score from both.
Unfortunately we are not getting away with anything. Play bad, we lose points. Play ok, we lose points. Play well, we sometimes win the points...

And Rafa substituting Lampard for Torres was an odd one, but we all know he won't have the job next year so I can't be bothered to moan about him.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #523
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Glad we went through in the cup last night as I love the competition, plus Rooney, Nani and Anderson all got important game time. Giggs had a "turn back the clock" night in an otherwise quiet cup tie, when he shows the skills he still has it highlights how bland our wingers are these days.

I don't get the Pep thing, Bayern are doing really well in their league and are through to the CL knock-out stages, yet they are basically telling their manager he is sacked regardless of what they win this season, 6 months ahead of time?

@B, I think Mourinho will go to City in the summer if they don't win the PL as Fergie wont be retiring and I don't see him spending another season at Real.

Quote:
Is this correct? I saw the clip on youtube and don't see what all the fuss is about.

Quote:
He just signed a new 5 year deal.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #524
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I don't get the Pep thing, Bayern are doing really well in their league and are through to the CL knock-out stages, yet they are basically telling their manager he is sacked regardless of what they win this season, 6 months ahead of time?
He's retiring completely according to the press release. He made it be known to Bayern that he was unlikely to extend his contract last month and was contemplating retirement.

I get the feeling that Pep is just biding his time and waiting for one of either the United and Arsenal posts to become vacant. They seem to be his top two preference and dream jobs from my perspective.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #525
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just hope we go on and build the team around him rather than Mr. 120k a week Lolcott. This guy is the crown jewel now, but failure to compete, and I could see him moving to one of the other big boys in the future, regardless of him being English or not.

Closed Thread