The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #526
Van Petrol
Vacant

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I can't say I blame him. Until Chelsea change how they handle the club, and this means sacking a few people behind the scenes and on the board who obviously have sh#t for brains as well Roman staying out of it more, it will be increasingly difficult for them to draw a big name talent who genuinely isn't just in it for the inevitable pay-off.
Yeah, I agree. While most managers would likely seem content to take the job, without fear of the sack as it would likely result in a huge payday. It seems there may still be a few of these such managers that are more interested in the security so they can build something rather than just earn huge money.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #527
Van Petrol
Vacant

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
@B, I think Mourinho will go to City in the summer if they don't win the PL as Fergie wont be retiring and I don't see him spending another season at Real.
PSG are being touted as a possible destination. He may opt for that in order to wait out for the United post.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #528
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
@B, I think Mourinho will go to City in the summer if they don't win the PL as Fergie wont be retiring and I don't see him spending another season at Real.
Based upon everything I've read & heard regarding Mourinho's potential suitors when he eventually returns to England, I believe he only has eyes for replacing Ferguson.

I've heard several times & read that allegedly Mourinho's contract with Real Madrid has some form of clause that essentially says if Manchester United are requesting permission to speak with him regarding the Old Trafford job that it must be accepted & he must be allowed to speak with the club.

Whether or not that's true or not is another question, however I personally think he wants the United job when Ferguson retires.. if he went to City it would kill off any chance he has of replacing Ferguson.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #529
B
[insert witty comment]

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers to punish Luis Suarez for 'unacceptable' comments

Pretty much openly admits to trying to dive because he wants to win.

Wenger confirms he is tracking Cavani & Zaha

Cavani is just the sort of striker Arsenal could do with to give them some tooth up front.

Manchester United reluctant to discuss Ronaldo rumours

Could there actually be some truth to Ronaldo potentially returning to United? This story doesn't say too much, usually United just dismiss everything but with Gill's comments/choice of words has me curious..

Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #530
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

dont think Suarez has said anything controversial tbh he got booked for diving at the time and has said in an interview since that he dived at the time....

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #531
Sebastos
Bebop User

Ronaldo has stated he'd like to see out his contract with Real so I don't know about that. And I've been wanting Cavani in the BPL for a while now, hopefully something happens in the summer!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #532
Van Petrol
Vacant

I'd cry tears of joy if we signed Cavani. We've apparently bid 30m on a player, but I have no idea who it is. The popular choices though are either Cavani or Gotze.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #533
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I'd cry tears of joy if we signed Cavani. We've apparently bid 30m on a player, but I have no idea who it is. The popular choices though are either Cavani or Gotze.
I've read & heard this a handful of times in the past few days, I'd almost bet if it's true, it's on Cavani. He won't be the type of player Arsenal or any team will get on a cut price deal.

I'd love to see Cavani in the Premiership, his goalscoring record in the very defensive & organised Serie A league rivals that of the likes of Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi & van Persie this season.

If Arsenal have a chance to take a deal now, they should take it. Come the end of the season I could see City getting involved if Balotelli continues to fail. Chelsea could get involved if they plan to either strengthen or even more so if they plan to get rid of Torres. Liverpool could get involved as well as they have been connected with him as well in the past. I'd really like to see him in the Premiership.. so long as he doesn't score a winner against United I'm content with his arrival.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #534
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastos View Post
Ronaldo has stated he'd like to see out his contract with Real so I don't know about that. And I've been wanting Cavani in the BPL for a while now, hopefully something happens in the summer!
True, however at the time of leaving Manchester United he pretty much adapted a similar sort of comments as he has in recent weeks with the Real Madrid situation, that he is happy, but you never know what happens in the future.

I'm not holding my breath that United will sign him back, however if Mourinho leaves Madrid in the summer I think there might be more of a possibility..

Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #535
bapi
Side-Kick

So Victor Valdes will leave Barca... Interesting. PSG? Dortmund? Milan? Arsenal? City?

Also Adkins was sacked. I must say I hate the Saints right now... I had to recommend some 14-17 years old boys from my location back in August but they didn't sign any of them. Would mean some decent money for me.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #536
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
So Victor Valdes will leave Barca... Interesting. PSG? Dortmund? Milan? Arsenal? City?

Also Adkins was sacked. I must say I hate the Saints right now... I had to recommend some 14-17 years old boys from my location back in August but they didn't sign any of them. Would mean some decent money for me.

None of those teams. Valdes is not that good and certainly the weakest point of this Barca team.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #537
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I've read & heard this a handful of times in the past few days, I'd almost bet if it's true, it's on Cavani. He won't be the type of player Arsenal or any team will get on a cut price deal.

I'd love to see Cavani in the Premiership, his goalscoring record in the very defensive & organised Serie A league rivals that of the likes of Falcao, Ronaldo, Messi & van Persie this season.

If Arsenal have a chance to take a deal now, they should take it. Come the end of the season I could see City getting involved if Balotelli continues to fail. Chelsea could get involved if they plan to either strengthen or even more so if they plan to get rid of Torres. Liverpool could get involved as well as they have been connected with him as well in the past. I'd really like to see him in the Premiership.. so long as he doesn't score a winner against United I'm content with his arrival.
Yeah, Wenger has been flirting and teasing the potential possibility of making an attempt to sign Cavni, but shot it down last night. I'm not expecting us to make any 30m signing this month. If anything, it's proabably just a PR stunt, leaked by themselves to try and get the fans optimistic and on side again. This way he can say to the fans that he tried, but the club didn't want to sell.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #538
kit1982
Side-Kick

Adkins who took them from 15th in League One to 15 in the Premiership in 2 and a half years out, Pochettino who won 3 out of 19 at Espanyol in..... I sense the Premier League has found itself another Steve Kean!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #539
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

really hope all the Sneijder to Liverpool talk is bollocks, we only just got rid of Joe Cole

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #540
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
You and me too bro...Cavani can put Arsenal back on the swing of things in terms of a elite player creating some fear into the opponents eyes

Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #541
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
None of those teams. Valdes is not that good and certainly the weakest point of this Barca team.
Actually it's not easy to find top goalkeepers. And even harder to find a ball-playing goalkeeper.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #542
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Valdes is not a top goalkeeper.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #543
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
You and me too bro...Cavani can put Arsenal back on the swing of things in terms of a elite player creating some fear into the opponents eyes
Agreed. Even asking for 2-3 elite 30m type signings isn't being greedy in our case is it?...

Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #544
Van Petrol
Vacant

Lolcott signs a new long (short) term contract, making him the best paid player at the club, with also the possibility of going through the same **** in 18 months time. He and his entourage really have bent us over here. Wished we'd have sold the ****.

If this means we don't go looking for a top quality attacking player in order to accomodate his ego, then I'll be plenty p***ed..

I also wish we'd have shown as much persistence with trying to keep the other 'better' players who have left us.

Last edited by Van Petrol; 01-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #545
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Actually it's not easy to find top goalkeepers. And even harder to find a ball-playing goalkeeper.
I think you rarely get keepers good at all 3 key keeper traits (shot stopping, handling, and distribution/ontheball) the on the ball quality is probably the rarest as you seem to get alot of lower league keepers who are good shot stoppers

Reina used to be good/great at all 3, but now Reinas great on the ball but has been incredibly dodgy handling wise as of late and his shot stopping has often left a lot to desire too

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #546
kit1982
Side-Kick

Agreed Spidey I think especially in the modern game there's a lack of top goalkeepers and what I find even more disturbing is that handling is probably seen as the least important skill. Barely any top keeper nowdays can keep hold of the ball, I know the balls are lighter and all that, but really so basic shots are spilled. Too much emphasis is put on a keepers ability with the ball, when really you can have someone with the most basic ball skill as long as they're able to keep their cool under pressure. Fabian Barthez for example was great on the ball and could pass like Scholes, but he often seemed to be unable to pick out a simple pass when under pressure.

Last edited by kit1982; 01-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #547
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Seems Fletcher is out for the season. May he get well soon- all my good wishes are with him.

So, does that mean we can get a new midfielder now? Or is the horse long dead?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #548
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
He's retiring completely according to the press release. He made it be known to Bayern that he was unlikely to extend his contract last month and was contemplating retirement.

I get the feeling that Pep is just biding his time and waiting for one of either the United and Arsenal posts to become vacant. They seem to be his top two preference and dream jobs from my perspective.
Thanks for the info man, I thought there must be some story to it. It does seem like a good choice of club for Pep and also like a club where he can hones his craft further before moving to the prem as he waits for the two old stagers to retire.

Quote:
PSG are being touted as a possible destination. He may opt for that in order to wait out for the United post.
I could see it, I wonder if Pep and Mourinho are destined to be the next United and Arsenal managers and are biding their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Based upon everything I've read & heard regarding Mourinho's potential suitors when he eventually returns to England, I believe he only has eyes for replacing Ferguson.

I've heard several times & read that allegedly Mourinho's contract with Real Madrid has some form of clause that essentially says if Manchester United are requesting permission to speak with him regarding the Old Trafford job that it must be accepted & he must be allowed to speak with the club.

Whether or not that's true or not is another question, however I personally think he wants the United job when Ferguson retires.. if he went to City it would kill off any chance he has of replacing Ferguson.
I think the Untied job is his preference as well, but the mix of people at United that don't want him and the fact City have a bottomless pit of money and would probably install him immediately could see things change.

Quote:

You're a scout?

Quote:
Lolcott signs a new long (short) term contract, making him the best paid player at the club, with also the possibility of going through the same **** in 18 months time. He and his entourage really have bent us over here. Wished we'd have sold the ****.

If this means we don't go looking for a top quality attacking player in order to accomodate his ego, then I'll be plenty p***ed..

I also wish we'd have shown as much persistence with trying to keep the other 'better' players who have left us.
So he has signed for the rest of the season and next? That seems like merely putting off the inevitable, unless Walcott has found that there aren't has many hot to sign him as he thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Seems Fletcher is out for the season. May he get well soon- all my good wishes are with him.

So, does that mean we can get a new midfielder now? Or is the horse long dead?
I read that about Fletcher, the club are keen to stress that he'll be back next season so we wont be getting a CM.

That pic is classic.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #549
B
[insert witty comment]

Victor Valdes isn't a top keeper. He is/was the weakest area of the Barcelona team hence why I'm sure they didn't fight too hard to try to keep him & offer him big money.

On paper, you'd think he is a top goalkeeper because he holds alot of impressive club stats like clean sheet history & whatnot, however to anyone who has actually seen him will know he is distinctly average. Barcelona won't have to spend a penny to find someone capable of doing what he did in goal for them as I'm sure they've a competent B team/U19 GK in their ranks.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #550
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I don't get it- Won't Scholes/ Giggs (hopefully) retire at the end of the season anyway as to open up the spot for Fletcher to come in even if we buy someone now for the rest of the season?

For a guy who has been at the very pinnacle for three decades, I dunno how he misses this point?

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Closed Thread