The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #576
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

really want Bradford to win the cup!

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #577
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Do you think the fans have taken to Ba as strongly as the response indicated on Sunday, or do you think the response was amplified by the fact the fans have ran out of patience with Torres?

I think Benitez is struggling to balance playing the type of football Roman wants and the type he prefers.
With Ba & Torres, they have taken to him because he has looked good: When he isn't scoring he is still getting in the right positions, taking defenders out of the game giving others more chances to score, and often right in there ready to pick up on any scraps that might come back. He is showing a true strikers instinct.

Torres has seldom done that for us in the 2 years now he's been at the club: He often just wanders around the edge of the box doing sod all (beginning to Rival Ballack for bone idle performances) , will almost always let defenders get goal side of him when crosses come in, and is rarely there for any rebounds and the like. He misses sitters that do come his way for fun, and cannot beat a defender to save his life atm.

You can only live off your past glories for so long, and having failed miserably to rise to the challenge Ba has set him in his impressive start, just as he failed to rise to the ageing Drogba's challenge last year, the fans are letting it be known who they want to start these games. Enough is enough.

The problem it seems that Rafa (or Roman...) evidently disagree, in spite of all evidence that presents itself every time Torres plays and fails.

As for the game Rafa himself wants to play...I think he is more or less doing just that. The guy is so predictable it's almost funny: If we are leading at half time they come out for the 2nd and sit back more, trying to play more on the break (the old 'hold what we have 'deal), then he will make a substitution at about the 70 minute mark, (usually one of the attacking midfielders), then another (usually the striker) at after the 80 minute mark if that 'plan' has gone tits up again.

When we thrashed Villa we never let them off the hook throughout the game. That is not Rafa's preferred game plan though and never has been. Since that Villa game we have been letting teams off consistently which is his preferred game, even though it keeps costing us points.

Needless to say which one I prefer.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #578
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

So when is the last day for the Winter Transfers?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 AM   #579
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
really want Bradford to win the cup!
I'm a huge fan of what Michael Laudrup has been doing at Swansea, and I think they deserve a cup, so I'm rooting for them, but it was fairytale stuff last night for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So when is the last day for the Winter Transfers?
Jan 31st.

I heard that SAF was at the Celtic game last night, no idea if that's true or not.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #580
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttotheusher View Post
Jan 31st.
So we should know in a week where David Beckham will play in 2013.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #581
Sebastos
Bebop User

Michu signed a new contract with the Swans.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #582
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Good for him.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #583
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So we should know in a week where David Beckham will play in 2013.
Actually, he's a free agent, so he can join at his pleasure.

Brooklyn Beckham on the other hand, has joined the Chelsea academy.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #584
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Is that a joke or serious? I have no idea how old he is now.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #585
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

13 believe it or not.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #586
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Wow! Well they should know by now if he's any good.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #587
ttotheusher
In the Palais

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...l-with-Chelsea

Serious!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #588
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Well good luck to the lad. Hopefully he can follow in his daddy's footsteps!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #589
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

In related news, Romeo Beckham is following in his mom's footsteps.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #590
kit1982
Side-Kick

There is a part of me however evil it may be that would love to see Brooklyn Beckham turn out to be a league 2 bruising centrehalf!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #591
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
There is a part of me however evil it may be that would love to see Brooklyn Beckham turn out to be a league 2 bruising centrehalf!
Come on man! At least put him in the Championship.

But seriously, apparently he's pretty good. Played with the youth academy in LA.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #592
kit1982
Side-Kick

Anyone see that ballboy in the Swansea match? I actually think Hazard was well within his rights to go for the ball.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #593
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Agreed Kit, and now the stupid ref has sent Hazard off, little **** was play acting.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #594
kit1982
Side-Kick

He wouldn't give the ball back and then layed on it! It's bad enough Tremmell holding onto the ball for about half an hour, but that was out of order.... Swansea should be punished for it.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #595
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Hazard is going to get a ***storm coming his way for that, but in truth he didn't do anything wrong.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #596
kit1982
Side-Kick

Anyone seen what the little tosser tweeted 4 hours ago?

"The King of all ballboys is back making his final appearance #needed#for#timewasting"

Not right at all.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #597
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

He's already been identified?

Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #598
kit1982
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN

Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #599
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

It's a shame for Swansea as this is such a huge achievement for the club.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #600
Van Petrol
Meatloaf Haitch!

Hope Danny Potts is ok. I have no idea what happened to him, but it looks and sounds pretty serious.

Closed Thread