The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #651
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Turns out the punk one of the Swansea directors sons.
Yeah I see that. Nepotism at it's finest.

Still, I figure the precious injured 'little boy' can take consolation in all the millions he will inherit, if he doesn't spend all Daddies cash first Chaving it up everywhere he can.

Oh I forgot, he never actually got hurt at all, the time wasting fake little piece of sh#t.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #652
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Yeah I see that. Nepotism at it's finest.

Still, I figure the precious injured 'little boy' can take consolation in all the millions he will inherit, if he doesn't spend all Daddies cash first Chaving it up everywhere he can.

Oh I forgot, he never actually got hurt at all, the time wasting fake little piece of sh#t.
Yeah, all those pics from his trips and nights out. What a little ****. Get this kid scrubbing some hotel toilets for a week. Of course daddy won't reprimand his son at all. I don't know how things work over there but over her he probably would sue Hazard or some crazy thing like that.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #653
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Does it hurt anyone else to see Pogba doing so well at Juventus. And by anyone else I mean United followers.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #654
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Does it hurt anyone else to see Pogba doing so well at Juventus. And by anyone else I mean United followers.
Not especially, he still looks as much of a rough diamond as he did when he left. He has scored a few screamers, however he only played a handful of games for us & anytime he played he was very quick on the trigger at having a dig from about 30 yards from goal. I'm sure if he'd played as many minutes for us as he did Juventus he'd have scored a few as well.. but there is more to being a midfielder than having a wicked right foot.

Darron Gibson had a wicked right foot & was always a threat picking the ball up outside the box, however he wasn't that great with his distribution & his defensive/creative capabilities were nothing to sing & dance about.. somewhat similar to Pogba at the moment.

If he has progressed enough to replace Pirlo full-time when he retires I'll be more disappointed we lost him, but at the moment, I'm no more upset about it than I was when we lost Darron Gibson.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #655
kit1982
Side-Kick

Becchio hands in transfer request, it'll be the 5th straight transfer window where we've sold an important first teamer
Alan Tate reveals his loan wasn't extended as we couldn't afford him

Just another week supporting Leeds United !

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #656
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Yeah, all those pics from his trips and nights out. What a little ****. Get this kid scrubbing some hotel toilets for a week. Of course daddy won't reprimand his son at all. I don't know how things work over there but over her he probably would sue Hazard or some crazy thing like that.
Lol. I know when I was a kid if I pulled a stunt like that my Dad would have given me something to really cry about (Iron-Bar dead leg treatment and sent to bed after dinner, lights out, no TV etc (didn't have video games or PC's back then either) was his preferred method. Simple, but effective, and kept me and my brothers in line (My Sister was spared the Iron-Bar, though most of the time we ended up taking the blame for stunts she'd pull anyway!)

He'd have thought I'd embarrassed him big time by putting on a prize pussy show on live tv. And he'd be right.

These days though too many kids are spoiled something rotten, and all evidence indicates this particular waste of space is not an exception.

And in theory he could sue Hazzard here too (we are becoming a nation of litigators too, what with all those 'had an accident or fall and it wasn't your fault? adverts all over the place), but since the police dropped the case like an Everest sized stone when they found out he sustained no actual injury (not even a bruised rib or 2 despite his display of 'agony'), and the video shows he was certainly at fault for his bizarre belly-flop over the ball in the first place, I doubt he'd have much chance of success.

Suppose he could go for the undue distress angle or some such nonsense, but all things considered the lad and his parents are better off sticking to what they have already said: They won't be pressing any charges or making any complaints. I figure Daddy won't want himself in the limelight for this one.

Both the player and the lad have apologised to each other for it all too, so that should be the end of it

However, the FA are the one's Hazzard will remain concerned with for now, as they have indicated that isn't the end of the matter...Tossers.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #657
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

dunno if anyone here cares but got this through the post this morning buzzing so thought I would share

might get the champions league final embroidery added to it, and hopefully maybe some more 05 players one day.... can't get it framed yet anyway as I have no more wall space thanks to the other 5 (although I would take the chelsea squad one down for it in a split second)

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #658
Sebastos
Bebop User

Guess who is medical bound?

Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha due for Manchester United medical

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #659
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

^ He's still technically a Summer signing, isn't he?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #660
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I've probably missed the discussion but just wanted to pop in here to say... **** that ballboy! What a ****!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #661
B
[insert witty comment]

So we've signed Zaha & immediately loaned him back to Crystal Palace for the remainder of the season. The deal is supposedly for 10m up front with 5m based upon club/international appearances, success, goals/assists etc.

We have no doubt paid a premium for him because he is English. It's not the 5m appearance/success fee that bothers me, it's the 10m guaranteed fee for a player that has only played at Championship level thus far.

He's only 20 so he does look like he has alot of potential, however again it's a case of we are signing players that are 1/2 years away from really growing significantly..

Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #662
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Every window it starts, with "We will sign players to strengthen the team", to "We'll only sign super quality and exceptional players", to "We do not need to sign anyone, we have quality within the squad, and Diaby and Rosicky are back from injury and they are like new signings".

Seriously I give up. The way they treat their own fans is appalling, and until there is a change, they won't be getting any more of my money.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #663
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Well, all those ##nts in the media can give themselves a pat on the back I see.

As I suspected the FA have shown zero common sense, have responded to the tabloid garbage headlines rather than the truth (and public opinion as well, which for once has generally been on our side), and have announced the standard 3 match ban for Hazzard's offence is 'clearly insufficient', so they are gonna wallop him with more...Might only be one more game, but talk about rubbing salt into the wound

Yeah, he kicked the ball out from under a play acting little ###t. Clearly no intent to harm at all, and evidence revealed no harm was caused, but nope, for the press and the FA he violently kicked a child (17 is not ###king child either FFS).

What ###king morons (please do pardon my french, but the FA bring out my potty mouth with consummate ease).

Ask most people and they will say the same thing. Oh, but they must appease the gutter press on this occasion....Wankers, every single pen pushing, hang wringing, know nothing one of them.

Still, at least the Police have put down today's papers rubbish about them investigating the case further after some complete tosspots phoned them up. They acknowledged they'd had the calls but are not pursuing any case, as they know there bloody well isn't one.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #664
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I really don't understand the Zaha move. I mean at least Wanyama plays in a position of need.
Fergie loves wingers and he's English, if he wasn't the latter I doubt we'd have bought him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Zaha I could have a little more hope in, he's a big physical winger, good speed & has a few tricks up his sleeve. However he hasn't exactly been ripping the Championship to shreds this term. I'm not liking the reports that we are prepared to pay 15m for him regardless if half of that is for performances/success at the club or not. He is a Championship winger & unless he has banged in 15 goals & provided 15 assists so far this season it's far, far too much for him.

I'm not a fan of this paying a premium for players because they are English, Liverpool have done it 3 or 4 times in recent years & look how well it has worked out for them.

He's a diamond in the rough, he's not worth 15m at this current point in time though. Not even close based upon what I've seen of him.
Well we've ended up paying that stupid amount for him, he's looked like a poor man's Danny Welbeck whenever I've seen him, lets the ball get too far away from him when he runs with it, PL defenders will wrap him up, we should be aiming higher, our team is riddled with English players right now.

Quote:
Wanyama has only played at SPL level, which is, with the exception of Celtic & to a lesser extent now, Rangers, against low end Championship/high end League One calibre opponents. I'll take them both if the fee is right, but honestly I don't expect us to be challenging for the Champions League seriously again until we finally address the issue of our midfield seriously & neither of these 2 are going to significantly strengthen our midfield for at least a year.
I think the Wanyama speculation came up again just because Fergie was at the game the other night, but he was up there for a funeral and just took in a game as a fan from what I read.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #665
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Amusing to see some of the hacks, having had a few days to digest that public opinion was generally not in agreement with their own hang wringing skewed attitude towards Hazzard's 'red card shame', are putting out editorials criticising the FA for slapping him with an additional charge.

Those pricks are the ones that egged the FA on to hit him harder, now they are stepping back? ###king hypcrites.

And Gordon Taylor is a hypocrite too. He is now defending Hazzard against this extra charge, saying the FA have appeased the 'lynch mob', when he was one of them. Or is he so quick to forget he himself described Hazzard's actions as 'unacceptable'?

Ah well, at least for once 'the court of public opinion' has generally been on our side. Makes for a refreshing change for an increasingly jaded Chelsea fan, I can tell you.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #666
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I think I see the ballboy's conduct as a lot more serious than most. Given the FA's unbelievably stupid decision the only way to respond is for directors of other clubs to hire cheating officials & ballboys when they play Swansea.

Last edited by Iceman; 01-26-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #667
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Amusing to see some of the hacks, having had a few days to digest that public opinion was generally not in agreement with their own hang wringing skewed attitude towards Hazzard's 'red card shame', are putting out editorials criticising the FA for slapping him with an additional charge.

Those pricks are the ones that egged the FA on to hit him harder, now they are stepping back? ###king hypcrites.

And Gordon Taylor is a hypocrite too. He is now defending Hazzard against this extra charge, saying the FA have appeased the 'lynch mob', when he was one of them. Or is he so quick to forget he himself described Hazzard's actions as 'unacceptable'?

Ah well, at least for once 'the court of public opinion' has generally been on our side. Makes for a refreshing change for an increasingly jaded Chelsea fan, I can tell you.
This is pure cheating mate, like bribing officials. If Swansea don't come out with a statement admitting so & the punishment for the perpetrator & measures to stop it happening again the result is null and void to me, as is the result of the Cup Final (unless Bradford win) & Swansea's probable Euro trip. It's one thing when one of the 22 players on the pitch does something in the heat of the moment...a blatant dive or handball for eg. Quite another when someone who is outside the game has a material impact.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #668
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
This is pure cheating mate, like bribing officials. If Swansea don't come out with a statement admitting so & the punishment for the perpetrator & measures to stop it happening again the result is null and void to me, as is the result of the Cup Final (unless Bradford win) & Swansea's probable Euro trip. It's one thing when one of the 22 players on the pitch does something in the heat of the moment...a blatant dive or handball for eg. Quite another when someone who is outside the game has a material impact.
Other managers have come out on the record and said that they have instructed ball boys to slow the game down if they're leading or to speed it up if they're behind. Seems like common practice. Now taking the ball hostage is one thing. I think you can attribute this to a rogue ball boy.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #669
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Other managers have come out on the record and said that they have instructed ball boys to slow the game down if they're leading or to speed it up if they're behind. Seems like common practice. Now taking the ball hostage is one thing. I think you can attribute this to a rogue ball boy.
If Swansea completely disown the actions of the ballboy then they can come out of it ok. This holding the ball hostage is the subject of the annoyance though, not subtly wasting half a second by throwing the ball back slowly.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #670
bapi
Side-Kick

Shocking two-foot tackle on Javi Garcia (was only worth a free kick).

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #671
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
I think I see the ballboy's conduct as a lot more serious than most. Given the FA's unbelievably stupid decision the only way to respond is for directors of other clubs to hire cheating officials & ballboys when they play Swansea.
The FA's statement when they said hazzards' 3 match ban punishment was 'clearly insufficient' is they would be warning clubs about the conduct of all their staff (including ball boys etc) as well.

So they are contradicting themselves then. They are admitting they know what the 'boy' did was deliberate time wasting, but are not accepting that any contact on him from Hazzard's kick on the ball was entirely accidental. They have said it was violent conduct, pure and simple.

Now how many times have players injured another (and really injured, not a fake show like the one this little prick put on) through an entirely accidental incident?

Seriously, Suarez accidentally injured John Terry and he has only just come back from the injury he incurred in that one. Suarez was not at fault at all though, he was just going for the ball and and fell on Terry's leg, so there was no need for any 'violent conduct' charge to be thrown at him. And you see players cause head injuries all the the time after leading with their elbows, or just bumping heads, when jumping up for headers. There's no intent to injure (with most of them) so need for any trumped up charge to be levelled by the FA.

Why? Cos they were honestly going for the ball, just as Hazzard was.

But no, the press kicked up such a fuss, leading with sensationalist headlines stating 'Chelsea player kicks a boy' rather than 'Player accidentally might have caught a 17 year old time waster when trying to kick the ball', they labelled Hazzard a disgrace for doing so, were saying he had to face a more serious charge, and the FA has responded accordingly.

Only now that the charge has been made have the press done a U-turn, as they know full well most of the public have far more sympathy for Hazzard than they ever will for that cheating little sh#t.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #672
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
If Swansea completely disown the actions of the ballboy then they can come out of it ok. This holding the ball hostage is the subject of the annoyance though, not subtly wasting half a second by throwing the ball back slowly.
So far Swansea have not admitted to instructing their boys to time waste*, and with this 17 year old baby being the son of one of the clubs directors I can't see them publicly chastising/disowning his actions either. Hell, locally they've made the little prick a hero in Swansea.

*Laudrup has denied he told them anything, and I beleive that as he wouldn't need to. They'd already know the score about what to do when their team has the lead in a game like that.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #673
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

I've seen worse than that go unpunished in and after the game. Our FA are knee jerk wankers though, only likely to take action after the fact if the press kick up a big enough fuss over something (and if it doesn't contradict what the ref ruled at the time as well....they seldom acknowledge it when their guys get something wrong)

Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #674
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Good win today, players that needed 90 minutes got them and we played some decent football, Fulham were terrible though, no effort at all.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #675
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Awful 1st half. No excuses for them at all, we were simply terrible