The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #201
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What did you think when Benitez was 1st announced? You think he has a shot at getting the job full time? (assuming he wants it)
I said at the time I didn't like it. I thought it was stupid to sack Di Matteo (still do) and bring in someone the fans obviously do not like, apparently all for the sake of one woefully under performing striker. That being said though I acknowledged that if he could bring in the results then he would win the fans over (well, most of us...the hard core mob aint likely to forget nor forgive no matter how well he might do).

He had a very rocky start with a couple of utterly tedious draws that did not impress at all, but I think he was more concerned with tightening up the very leaky back line first. He succeeded in that regard, and over the last few games he has had them attacking again, Torres has thankfully been scoring, and yesterday they were simply outstanding (Note to Rafa: If/when Mickel is available again, do not pick the clown. Luiz is the man for that position and proved it big time yesterday).

Anyway's, let's hope Rafa can keep it up (one great game against Aston Villa does not make a season after all).

As for getting the job full time...Very hard to say with Roman involved, but I know he'd take it if offered as that option is in his contract. However, with Roman he could win everything we are left in and still be be out if Roman's favorite (Guardiola) says he'd take the job.

Quote:
Yeah, I hope Torres has finally turned that corner.
It looks like he is getting there at last. Has scored a couple of great goals recently so can't argue with that.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #202
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
As ridiculous as it sounds I fear only an unlikely PL title will get Rafa the job full time.
With Roman involved even that might not be enough.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #203
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Not looking to get into a debate or anything but just for the record Neville didn't say it was out order he said he was bored with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Fair do's on the Rooney bit, unsuprisingly that snippet hasn't been well reported! I know about concussions but in most cases the physio's have an inkling early on if it's a bad one, I just think it was one of those cases where no matter what he was asked, he'd try to get it in there. I also thought the ref had a decent game and unlike so many actually used his head, so for Fergie to rinse him like that and even try and blame him for their goal was unfair.

I've not seen him as pissed as he was today for years!
Yeah I haven't seen him look that mad in a long while, I think the fact 3 of the front 4 let us down badly from our supposed first choice starting 11 had him fuming and rightly so, but as usual he focused that anger on a ref call that doesn't excuse the terrible Evra defending or the fact both our CB's missed Michu darting in-between them. This season he's been mostly accepting when we deserved what we got due to poor play, but yesterday was complacency in the final third and he wont accept that.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #204
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Merry Christmas Guys!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #205
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas this year is a midfield.

-United Fans.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #206
B
[insert witty comment]

Merry Christmas guys

I wonder how much truth there is to these rumours about Sturridge going to Liverpool, rumour is Liverpool have put together a bid of 12m for him.. I can't help but think that from a Liverpool standpoint that money would be better spent on going towards someone like Cavani from Napoli or someone a littler higher calibre who they could well get for 15m or so.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #207
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Merry Christmas guys

I wonder how much truth there is to these rumours about Sturridge going to Liverpool, rumour is Liverpool have put together a bid of 12m for him.. I can't help but think that from a Liverpool standpoint that money would be better spent on going towards someone like Cavani from Napoli or someone a littler higher calibre who they could well get for 15m or so.
Or the other rumored striker in David Villa. More than likely would have to wait for the summer but Sturridge? Nah.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #208
B
[insert witty comment]

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #209
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas this year is a midfield.

-United Fans.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #210
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Merry Christmas fellas

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #211
kit1982
Side-Kick

Merry Christmas guys

Old 12-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #212
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Haha, have any of you guys seen this?

Pure gold.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #213
kit1982
Side-Kick

Scholes, Giggs and Carrick all start in midfield for United, I can hear Hunters screams from here!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #214
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Oh FFS!!!...I'm watching our game and lo and behold Mickel is back, and as per bloody usual he is complete crap...

Yet another manager cannot see the brazenly ###king obvious with him. Passes to players who have defenders right on them (hosptial passes), or passes straight to the opposition, or plays safe and passes to the side or backwards slowing everything down with forwards making runs for nothing.

Hardly ever a good forward pass in him, and gives away free kicks for fun..... It's like giving the opposition an extra player when that clown is picked (and if he is available he always is!!)

It's utterly bemusing to me, it really bloody is...

Last edited by wobbly; 12-26-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #215
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Oh FFS!!!...I'm watching our game and lo and behold Mickel is back, and as per bloody usual he is complete crap...

Yet another manager cannot see the brazenly ###king obvious with him. Passes to players who have defenders right on them (hosptial passes), or passes straight to the opposition, or plays safe and passes to the side or backwards slowing everything down with forwards making runs for nothing.

Hardly ever a good forward pass in him, and gives away free kicks for fun..... It's like giving the opposition an extra player when that clown is picked (and if he is available he always is!!)

It's utterly bemusing to me, it really bloody is...
Agreed on earlier stuff about Benitez/Di Matteo/Abramovich etc.

Haha, how does Mikel keep getting games. Some players seem to always start even when they haven't had a good game in years.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #216
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

They keep coming back, don't they.

Altogether, it was a really nice match- real end to end stuff. Tough luck to Newcastle for not ending with a point. But Manchester United deserved their win.

Also, Valencia ought to have been sent off, Coloccini's was a hand ball foul and penalty and don't even get me started on that Johnny Evans "Own Goal"!

Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #217
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Merry Christmas guys

I'll take a hit of whatever it is you're smoking.

But yes, I agree that there is better value for money out there.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #218
kit1982
Side-Kick

From what I've heard David Villa's available for 14 million, of course it was Guillem Balague so it could be aload of ****!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #219
bapi
Side-Kick

Wow, another mediocre performance. No pace, no creativity and no width and when I saw Lescott as a striker... WTF?! Last season both Manchester clubs have same amount of points, spent same amount of money last summer however we're 7 points behind and if we won't win at Norwich and United will beat Wigan... then it's over, I think. 3 months ago Mancini said I know what the problem is and I will fix it quickly. Nothing happened.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #220
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I have to say i loved that Adam Johnson scored the goal.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #221
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Jesus. Hell of a game today, united really like to make it hard huh

The ref was a real wazzock but thank **** for the little pea.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 12-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #222
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Pato apparently going to Corinthians for just 15m euros. That is a steal! Wenger, what are you doing?!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #223
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Why would you want Pato? He's garbage and injury prone. He wants to go back to Brazil anyway.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #224
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

We apparently enquired about him the summer and he's only 23. Still plenty of room and time to find his mojo. Wenger's done it with so many players before and he'd surely be worth a chance given the state of the options and the squad we have now.

We'll never be able to to sign a player at the top of his game or with masses of potential for the world to see. The best we can do is find unpolished gems that haven't been noticed, or players who were on their way to the top, but may have faltered for whatever reason and hope Le Prof can work his magic on again.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #225
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Yeah, You would be better off signing El Shaarawy, but I doubt Milan will let him go any time soon, but for a hefty sum.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Closed Thread