The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #276
ohmshalone
on the brink of sanity
 
ohmshalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ZA
Posts: 502
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I too am completely against the multiverse idea. I think there are just some things that should be left in the comics. Movies IMO should be less convoluted for the GA. Nolan was pretty good in this regard. For example, I don't know how well Iron Patriot will go down with the public.

In the span of years, with numerous comic books on one character coming out per month, we understand when authors run out of ideas and try new things, but I think movies should be a little more streamlined. If JL is gonna be a different universe, fine. But the last thing I wanna see is two Cavills on screen talking about what's going on in their different franchises. WTH??

Besides, the multiverse came out of necessity, did it not? While I appreciate DC's depth, I don't think it needs to be force fed to the people.

__________________
Been here since Spider-man (2002) and still loving it.

A major DC fan (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).
ohmshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #277
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
I too am completely against the multiverse idea. I think there are just some things that should be left in the comics. Movies IMO should be less convoluted for the GA. Nolan was pretty good in this regard. For example, I don't know how well Iron Patriot will go down with the public.

In the span of years, with numerous comic books on one character coming out per month, we understand when authors run out of ideas and try new things, but I think movies should be a little more streamlined. If JL is gonna be a different universe, fine. But the last thing I wanna see is two Cavills on screen talking about what's going on in their different franchises. WTH??

Besides, the multiverse came out of necessity, did it not? While I appreciate DC's depth, I don't think it needs to be force fed to the people.
Word. I'm not a fan of time travel, inter-dimensional travel, etc. The idea of them living in the same universe is really what interests me, since they all have such unique backstories. Even though we're talking about aliens, superpowers and fantastic situations, there needs to be some kind of a line.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #278
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,268
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I didn't like the idea of Darkseid as the villain at first because of the inevitable (not to mention inaccurate) cries of "Avengers rip off!11!!" but after watching Apocalypse, I've softened towards the idea. There are elements that separate Darkseid apart as his own unique threat, the furies for example.

I think if Darkseid were to be the villain, and the furies were with him, Justice League would have the one thing The Avengers doesn't: the presence of strong, beautiful and powerful women in abundance. Wonder Woman on one side, the Furies on the other. Not to mention that both WW and The Furies have the potential to put together some jaw dropping action sequences. I really think the GA, both female and male, would lap that up.

__________________
"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."


Avatar courtesy of Kane52630
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #279
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,581
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I think if Darkseid were to be the villain, and the furies were with him, Justice League would have the one thing The Avengers doesn't: the presence of strong, beautiful and powerful women in abundance.
Welp. Whedon just rage-**** himself at this post.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #280
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Welp. Whedon just rage-**** himself at this post.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #281
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I didn't like the idea of Darkseid as the villain at first because of the inevitable (not to mention inaccurate) cries of "Avengers rip off!11!!" but after watching Apocalypse, I've softened towards the idea. There are elements that separate Darkseid apart as his own unique threat, the furies for example.

I think if Darkseid were to be the villain, and the furies were with him, Justice League would have the one thing The Avengers doesn't: the presence of strong, beautiful and powerful women in abundance. Wonder Woman on one side, the Furies on the other. Not to mention that both WW and The Furies have the potential to put together some jaw dropping action sequences. I really think the GA, both female and male, would lap that up.
Exactly. How great were the action scenes of WW vs. the Furies.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #282
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,296
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

It would be great to see the Justice League fight the Furies, Mantis, Kalibak and whoever else there is, before taking on Darkseid. It's great that Darkseid is a villain who doesn't just command an army of grunts, like Loki in Avengers. He's got some real powerhouses on his side.

And it would be cool if Barda is part of the Furies and defects during the Movie. Would love to see something like this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Attack On Unicron
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #283
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,581
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I hope Orion's in this.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #284
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Orion's awesome, but my only fear there is that he may end up being more important than the actual Justice League. If they used a different villain for the first one and then introduced DS/Apokalips in the second, I'd love to see him then.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #285
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,581
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I think since they're using a story about Darkseid's resurrection as inspiration, if they keep that element, maybe Darkseid & The New Gods is one of the origin spin-offs they're kicking around.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #286
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I think since they're using a story about Darkseid's resurrection as inspiration, if they keep that element, maybe Darkseid & The New Gods is one of the origin spin-offs they're kicking around.
That would be great to see. I don't know how well the GA will receive it, but you never know. If Darkseid really caught fire with the audience the way that they did with Bane or the Green Goblin, it would probably have enough interest.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #287
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,268
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Welp. Whedon just rage-**** himself at this post.
No disrespect to Whedon, and I mean that as a Buffy fan. I just think that WW and the Furies can offer more than the likes of BW, Wasp or Ms Marvel.

EDIT and how could I forget Big Barda.

__________________
"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."


Avatar courtesy of Kane52630

Last edited by TheFuture; 12-19-2012 at 01:35 PM.
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #288
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
No disrespect to Whedon, and I mean that as a Buffy fan. I just think that WW and the Furies can offer more than the likes of BW, Wasp or Ms Marvel.

EDIT and how could I forget Big Barda.
I wouldn't mind if you did.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #289
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I think since they're using a story about Darkseid's resurrection as inspiration, if they keep that element, maybe Darkseid & The New Gods is one of the origin spin-offs they're kicking around.
I wonder if they are going to incorporate that resurrection as part of the movie plot.

Even if they don't, and Darkseid has been around for a while, seeing his origins and the whole New Gods story in their own movie would be pretty cool to see. It would be a longshot though.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #290
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Willi, I think that's the best way to do it. We can't really rush Darkseid into the story as if the GA has seen him before, so we may need to tell the story through flashbacks. Something similar to how they told the backstory of the ring in Lord of the Rings would work in my mind.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #291
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Darkseid would like be CGI, but for the voice and mo-cap work, for some reason I think David Harewood would be a good choice.

Why on earth would you want to CGI someone who could so obviously be created as a make-up - Thanos and Hellboy have shown how well these sorts of characters can be done with prosthetics.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #292
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
They have plenty of opportunity to define Darkseid from Marvel's CGI California Raisin.

1. Thanos is CGI so bring Darkseid to life with an actor in prosthetics as was done with Hellboy.
Of course you realize Thanos was a make-up...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #293
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,581
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I don't think Thanos is a good example. He did like one movement in 4 seconds of screentime.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #294
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I hope Orion's in this.
It's interesting in the New 52 'Wonder Woman' Orion has been introduced and they seem to be merging the two mythologies ie. the New Gods and the Ancient Greek Gods.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #295
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I don't think Thanos is a good example. He did like one movement in 4 seconds of screentime.
Well, Thanos is a Darkseid rip-off that was created via prosthetics in a movie that looked exactly like he does in the comics - so I think he is a good example.

But there is a LONG history of humanoid characters being successfully created with prosthetic make-up, going back decades, so take your pick!

Just base the character on the proper, Jack Kirby, art and he will turn out just fine.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #296
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 508
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

So let's put it like this, who thinks Darkseid should be CGI and who thinks he should be makeup/prosthetics?

Keep in mind that although Thanos may not have been CGI in his 4 second appearance in Avengers, that does not mean he won't be CGI in the sequel when they need to show him much more frequently.

Personally, I think Hulk looked great in Avengers and a CGI Darkseid would be badass. My only worry is Darkseid will have a lot of dialog, and since Hulk didn't say much during Avengers I'm not sure they can render a realistic speaking CGI character. I'm on the fence.

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #297
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 811
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
So let's put it like this, who thinks Darkseid should be CGI and who thinks he should be makeup/prosthetics?

Keep in mind that although Thanos may not have been CGI in his 4 second appearance in Avengers, that does not mean he won't be CGI in the sequel when they need to show him much more frequently.

Personally, I think Hulk looked great in Avengers and a CGI Darkseid would be badass. My only worry is Darkseid will have a lot of dialog, and since Hulk didn't say much during Avengers I'm not sure they can render a realistic speaking CGI character. I'm on the fence.
It can be a situational thing. CGI for action and really intense fight scenes is not an unreasonable thing to expect. But if he'a just standing around and talking with simple gestures, makeup/prosthetics would be just fine.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #298
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

As long as it is a bit more convincing than The Thing in the "Fantastic Four" movies. As was the criticism at the time, the prosthetics especially stood out when surrounded by a lot of CGI. (Rumour has it that he will be CGI in the FF reboot.)

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #299
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
It can be a situational thing. CGI for action and really intense fight scenes is not an unreasonable thing to expect. But if he'a just standing around and talking with simple gestures, makeup/prosthetics would be just fine.
Well of course they will use digital stunt doubles - just like they do in all films of this type - I was watching MIB3 last night and there's a hand full of digital Boris shots for his extreme action - I am sure there will be digital stunt double of Superman in MOS - that is the norm these days.

Yes, the Hulk looked fine in the Avengers, but he's also a giant character.

Darkseid is basically the size and Superman, maybe a little thicker and a little taller, but he is not a weirdly proportioned character like the Thing or Hulk, so there is NO reason not to do him as a make-up. Of course, I am using the Kirby version of Darkseid - the only version that matters - as my guide, just like WB should be doing.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #300
mat-chow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 184
Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

I should think they're clearly NOT going to base Darkseid on Kirby's rendering. I'm a Kirby fan, don't get me wrong, but anyone who thinks Darkseid won't be massive is fooling themselves. He will be portrayed as he has been for the last 10-15 years, huge.

mat-chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.