The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 12-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #301
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Well of course they will use digital stunt doubles - just like they do in all films of this type - I was watching MIB3 last night and there's a hand full of digital Boris shots for his extreme action - I am sure there will be digital stunt double of Superman in MOS - that is the norm these days.

Yes, the Hulk looked fine in the Avengers, but he's also a giant character.

Darkseid is basically the size and Superman, maybe a little thicker and a little taller, but he is not a weirdly proportioned character like the Thing or Hulk, so there is NO reason not to do him as a make-up. Of course, I am using the Kirby version of Darkseid - the only version that matters - as my guide, just like WB should be doing.
Darkseid is via canon statistics, bigger than the Hulk.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #302
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat-chow View Post
I should think they're clearly NOT going to base Darkseid on Kirby's rendering. I'm a Kirby fan, don't get me wrong, but anyone who thinks Darkseid won't be massive is fooling themselves. He will be portrayed as he has been for the last 10-15 years, huge.
I seriously doubt DC is going to reduce THE villain of their JL movie to a big cgi cartoon.

I will admit I have not been paying much attention to DC in general in recent years, but it would be a huge mistake to make Darkseid Hulk size or bigger. Save that for Doomsday.

The cool and impressive thing about Darkseid when first introduced was the fact that finally here was a guy Superman's size who could kick Supe's Ass!

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #303
The Villain
Side-Kick

I admit that I have a strong wish to see Despero after listening (youtube videos etc) to other peoples description of this classic DC villain.

Anyone else like to Despero instead of Darkseid 1st?

If so what storyline could be a good film adaption for Despero?

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #304
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
I seriously doubt DC is going to reduce THE villain of their JL movie to a big cgi cartoon.

I will admit I have not been paying much attention to DC in general in recent years, but it would be a huge mistake to make Darkseid Hulk size or bigger. Save that for Doomsday.

The cool and impressive thing about Darkseid when first introduced was the fact that finally here was a guy Superman's size who could kick Supe's Ass!
This. I don't mind DS being bigger than in the animated features, but I think that making Doomsday bigger (or closer to the Hulk) is a good way to go. To me it provides more variation to the Superman/Justice villains.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #305
TheWatcher
Dapper

I like Despero. He makes for some good hero v.s hero battles.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #306
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Whereas in the Avengers the members just kind of came together, I think it would be more unique and interesting if the emphasis was on a carefully planned 'mission', with each member recruited by Bats and Supes, Oceans Eleven style, to perform a specific task (that only they have the ability to do) to accomplish the mission.

As for who the bad guy behind the conflict is, I don't think it really matters. Which is why I wouldn't want Darkseid; would be a waste.

My suggestion instead is Ocean Master, who'd command both an Atlantean Army and a seriously gigantic star-shaped sea monster at the very end (as a tribute to Starro, the first JL villain in the comics)

(Like this, but wayyy bigger, like the size of an island or something)

The JL have to diffuse the threat of an Atlantean invasion, infiltrating Atlantis and ultimately have Wonder Woman use her lasso to find the truth about an Atlantian traitor to convince the King (Aquaman) to stand down. (with everyone else providing some unique function to allow WW to accomplish this).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-05-2013 at 03:03 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #307
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Also, if they did have Darkseid, I think it'd be better if they didn't kill him off.

Bring him back (perhaps with several other villains?) for the final JL movie, with a crazy universe-shattering plan, so that he can still be the 'big-bad', despite failing in the first movie.

Also, if they have Darkseid in the first movie, It'd be cool if he invaded Mars at the beginning of the movie, causing the Martian Manhunter to take refuge on Earth, warning them and bringing the league together.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #308
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Final Crisis Darkseid!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #309
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

Since the New 52 is suppose to be more movie and DCE friendly then I say follow the first 6 issues of Justice League.

Keep Darkseid, though I do agree with some posters that the GA might say that this is a rip off of Marvel, but lets be honest who else in the DC universe minus Darkseid, that can bring the Justice League together?

greenlantern248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #310
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Some people might say that a Justice League movie is ripping off The Avengers, but who cares? That's not going to stop anyone from going to see it. People already pack theaters full to see sequels and remakes and copies of other movies already. A "copy" of a superhero movie with Superman, Batman, and the rest of the Justice League will break box office records week after week.

If they're really, honestly, truly using Darkseid as the bad guy, great. Can't wait. If not, there's other villains that can be used. My dream is for the Legion of Doom. Yeah, the villains probably wouldn't get great development or screen time outside of Luthor and maybe someone else, but I'm just fine with how the X-Men movie villains have been used. So there's no saying "Oh, that many super people won't work on film."

Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #311
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlantern248 View Post
Keep Darkseid, though I do agree with some posters that the GA might say that this is a rip off of Marvel, but lets be honest who else in the DC universe minus Darkseid, that can bring the Justice League together?
This is why I think it'd be more unique/sensible if it was a complex problem/mission that required certain abilities to accomplish, prompting the recruitment of certain individuals.

Instead of just bringing 6 heroes together because Superman can't kick enough ass alone.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #312
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
Some people might say that a Justice League movie is ripping off The Avengers, but who cares? That's not going to stop anyone from going to see it. People already pack theaters full to see sequels and remakes and copies of other movies already. A "copy" of a superhero movie with Superman, Batman, and the rest of the Justice League will break box office records week after week.
Overt similarities in Plot and Villain to the avengers is enough to damper the auidence enjoyment of the film,which will lead to bad word of mouth which will turn off others from seeing the movie.That the movie has Bats and Supes does not give it a free pass to be a "ripoff" storywise and Villain wise.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #313
elgaz
Side-Kick

I think it needs to be a global threat, affecting many different cities. As fast as Superman, he still doesn't have the power to be in 2 places at the same time; if his hands are full fighting someone in Metropolis, who's going to be saving Gotham, Coast City, Central City, etc, from similar attacks? Obviously it's going to be Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and so on.

And perhaps in investigating the attacks, their paths intersect for the first time and they learn that Darkseid has been sending his Lieutenants to different cities on Earth as a pre-cursor to a full assault from himself. This forces the heroes to unite against a common enemy and also creates a larger sense of scale than in Avengers, where the attack on Earth was pretty much limited to New York.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #314
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I actually think Anti-Monitor could work as a big bad. It would definitely be epic in scale, there can be no doubt about that. A sense of danger can easily be created through Barry's death.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #315
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Overt similarities in Plot and Villain to the avengers is enough to damper the auidence enjoyment of the film,which will lead to bad word of mouth which will turn off others from seeing the movie.That the movie has Bats and Supes does not give it a free pass to be a "ripoff" storywise and Villain wise.
No ****ing way. Saw V and Saw VII, yes, the fifth and seventh one, both made over $100 million. And that's after the main character was dead, but the game continues! A Justice League movie would make a killing, regardless of similarities. It'd probably be like the first Spider-Man movie, where everybody goes to see it because they haven't had a movie before. Don't you think that a lot of people are wondering why the Justice League doesn't have their own movie, especially after a team most people didn't know existed just had a hugely successful one?

You know what would silence the loudest call of "copycat?" The ****ing Justice League whuppin' some serious super villain ass. This era of popular Hollywood cinema is proof that the majority doesn't care about seeing the same thing over and over again.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #316
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I actually think Anti-Monitor could work as a big bad. It would definitely be epic in scale, there can be no doubt about that. A sense of danger can easily be created through Barry's death.
That's why I say "screw it, just do Crisis on Infinite Earths."

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #317
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
No ****ing way. Saw V and Saw VII, yes, the fifth and seventh one, both made over $100 million. And that's after the main character was dead, but the game continues!
That comparison doesn't work here at all.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #318
HighFivingMF
Welp.

No dead Barry.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #319
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Blake as batman.

The world has a superman now but Gotham is too buy recovering from the aftermath of bane to care. Blake sees that people still need a protector of their city not of the world as there are still many dangerous people on the loose

Blake decides to train and go abroad with what Bruce left him. Trained by martial artists in the US by Ted Grant and in Asia as well as Zatanna the escape artist.

Blake returns only to find that rich European Industrialist Oswald Cobblepot has created a financial stronghold on Gotham by taking up all the rebuilding contracts and taking over Wayne industries. The R&D division is now run by Cobblepot creating an International weapons manufacturing syndicate for the Middle East through back dealings. The weapons are energy based and much more powerful and advanced than anything Fox ever developed. There is rising tension of international war as not even superman can keep up with the global skirmishes

As the batman Blake goes to Europe and find the connection between Cobblepot and the weapons. But is captured by his associates.

They unmask him but have no clue who he is. Turns out the associates are intergang and they are using Cobblepot as a way to extending their stronghold in the North America. Their leader Bruno Mannheim reveals that the technology was not developed by intergang but by a group with much more resources than batman ever had.

Blake finds a way to escape using his training but Mannheim gets away

Batman returns to Gotham and exposes Cobblepot for treason by showing Gordon proof that the weapons are being sold to enemy nations.

Amanda Waller with the FBI arrives in Gotham to question Gordon on how he came about the evidence.

Before she leaves the city. She gains access to Blake's apartment and speaks with him Informing him that she knows he is the new batman and that the government has opened a special branch to keep tabs on his "type"

Meanwhile Mannheim is reporting to his superiors and is killed for failing to deliver on his promise by a man named Desaad who uses an alien device to communicate to an unknown source that their plan to have earth rot from the inside has hit a snag.

We cut to apocalypse to reveal darkseid who responds that he will have to take things into his own hands.

Boom Justice League

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Reikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #320
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Bruce Wayne is Batman not John Blake.

I don't believe that John Blake will be Batman in this film

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #321
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Bruce Wayne is Batman not John Blake.

I don't believe that John Blake will be Batman in this film
Fair enough. and I have heard news that he will be rebooted too.

But just bear with me a little.

Take a page from Whedon, have Blake as Batman in Justice League, only for him to die at the end of the second act and have Bruce Wayne return to the mantel for the third act.

I know, I know, would be totally betraying what Nolan did for the Dark Knight BUT holy crap would that movie make $$

people in the theater would lose their minds

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Reikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #322
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
No dead Barry.
Barry's death is one of the defining points of Flash history though, it's a legacy mantle. If the death can be handled as well as it was in Justice League: Mortal and the legacy aspect as well as in David Goyer's proposed film, I'd love to see it happen.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #323
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikowolf View Post
Blake as batman.

The world has a superman now but Gotham is too buy recovering from the aftermath of bane to care. Blake sees that people still need a protector of their city not of the world as there are still many dangerous people on the loose

Blake decides to train and go abroad with what Bruce left him. Trained by martial artists in the US by Ted Grant and in Asia as well as Zatanna the escape artist.

Blake returns only to find that rich European Industrialist Oswald Cobblepot has created a financial stronghold on Gotham by taking up all the rebuilding contracts and taking over Wayne industries. The R&D division is now run by Cobblepot creating an International weapons manufacturing syndicate for the Middle East through back dealings. The weapons are energy based and much more powerful and advanced than anything Fox ever developed. There is rising tension of international war as not even superman can keep up with the global skirmishes

As the batman Blake goes to Europe and find the connection between Cobblepot and the weapons. But is captured by his associates.

They unmask him but have no clue who he is. Turns out the associates are intergang and they are using Cobblepot as a way to extending their stronghold in the North America. Their leader Bruno Mannheim reveals that the technology was not developed by intergang but by a group with much more resources than batman ever had.

Blake finds a way to escape using his training but Mannheim gets away

Batman returns to Gotham and exposes Cobblepot for treason by showing Gordon proof that the weapons are being sold to enemy nations.

Amanda Waller with the FBI arrives in Gotham to question Gordon on how he came about the evidence.

Before she leaves the city. She gains access to Blake's apartment and speaks with him Informing him that she knows he is the new batman and that the government has opened a special branch to keep tabs on his "type"

Meanwhile Mannheim is reporting to his superiors and is killed for failing to deliver on his promise by a man named Desaad who uses an alien device to communicate to an unknown source that their plan to have earth rot from the inside has hit a snag.

We cut to apocalypse to reveal darkseid who responds that he will have to take things into his own hands.

Boom Justice League
I could actually live with this if it went down like this. The only question is what exactly did you write this to be? A Batman movie between MOS and JL? No way, Jose. Even if JL got pushed back to 2016 or even 2020, there are much better uses of WB's time. 2016 wouldn't be enough time anyway, they'd have to had started by now. And if it's 2020, I demand a Flash movie. Wonder Woman can wait since she'll have the TV series (assuming it goes anywhere) and if necessary, use her origin as part of the JL movie a la DCAU Justice League. I found a great article that gave a very good argument as to why a Flash movie should precede JL. Check it out:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opi...ague-ahuls.php

As far as the death of Barry thing, I didn't actually find his proposed death in Mortal all that dramatic or significant. It sounded like just another death scene from the summary I read. They'd have to do MUCH better if they want to audience to react in a meaningful way to it. Otherwise, it'll feel like an excuse to shove Wally into the blender for pure recognition purposes.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #324
mat-chow
Side-Kick

^^^^^^That article is written for fans by a fan who has waaaaaaaaay too much time to invest in a process he won't influence. I understand what he means but ONLY those of us who dwell in these forums and check the latest CBM headlines several times a day are going to walk out of a theater thinking about the buildup to Justice League. Unless we're hit over the head with a post credit scene ala the Marvel movies. I'm a fan, I'd love to see a Flash movie but that article doesn't convince me that it needs to happen before JL. Warner's is damned if they do, damned if they don't. I hope by now they have a plan to implement at least. We're all dying for some DCU goodness!

mat-chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #325
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I mean, with or without buildup, WB is going to do it. All I'm saying is, that if they're going to embrace reason and delay JL until 2017 at the earliest, Flash would probably be the best bet for an "inbetweener" solo movie.

Man of Steel shouldn't do two movies to build up unless if the other heroes have cameos but even then that's kind of weak.

Batman should definitely NOT bring out a reboot as early as 2015-2017 as not to risk The Amazing Spiderman style audience backlash.

Wonder Woman I already talked about to further the dominating fantasy elements with her story may turn off some general movie goers expecting to see superheroism and super cleavage.

Green Lantern is essentially on probation as Hulk still is now. And like Hulk he may seem ok to audiences when in an ensemble role but for a solo movie I'm not confident he'd build excitement the way they'd need him to.

Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are the furthest out of the question.

So that leaves Flash for the reason stated in the article. Those I wholeheartedly agree with.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote