The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #26
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

There have been director rumours. Ben Affleck, Wachowskis, Ruben Fleischer, Snyder, Ratner, McG, Jonathan Liebesman, Matt Reeves and David Yates.

Jake Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #27
J.Howlett

WB, I think will get backed into a wall with the director selection because it just seems to me that no one wants to take on this challenge to do this film because of the direct competition with Marvel.

I honestly think it'll go to Snyder just for the simple fact that he's crazy enough to take on the challenge. Everyone will turn it down and WB will have to go in house for this. They'll throw ungodly amounts of money at Snyder to make this film happen by 2015.

And he'll do it.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #28
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Yeah you look at a movie like "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse" you had Darkseid, Granny Goodness, the Female Furies, Big Barda, Supergirl, Wonder Woman and the Amazons etc. all linked...Basically, Darkseid brings people together.

I didn't care much for that DTV outside of the battles, especially the one with the Furies.

I kinda want them to do something with Darkseid having Granny Goodness brainwash Superman like in STAS. But, I wouldn't take it as far as him having a son with Lashina. If I remember correctly, they were going reveal that in JL/JLU.

Oh, and get Michael Ironside. His voice was perfect.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #29
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

The Furies battles in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was great, but also because we really don't have that outside the animated movies (i.e. WW doing something as cool as that.)

I wonder if they have the New Gods, people will start saying they're copying Marvel again, because it's like Thor, ie. with gods, New Genesis is like Asgard etc. With similarities only in that broad sense but enough so that whatever DC do will be seen as "ripping off" Marvel/Avengers.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #30
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
WB, I think will get backed into a wall with the director selection because it just seems to me that no one wants to take on this challenge to do this film because of the direct competition with Marvel.

I honestly think it'll go to Snyder just for the simple fact that he's crazy enough to take on the challenge. Everyone will turn it down and WB will have to go in house for this. They'll throw ungodly amounts of money at Snyder to make this film happen by 2015.

And he'll do it.
Where do you get the impression that no one wants to do it because of Avengers?

All I've gotten from those who've talked to the media is that they aren't interested in superhero films at all or for the moment since they have other things planned.

Part of me feels all the names we've heard are just marketing and/or negotiating ploys and that won't matter too much who gets the job since WB will keep things on a tight leash.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #31
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
The Furies battles in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was great, but also because we really don't have that outside the animated movies (i.e. WW doing something as cool as that.)

I wonder if they have the New Gods, people will start saying they're copying Marvel again, because it's like Thor, ie. with gods, New Genesis is like Asgard etc. With similarities only in that broad sense but enough so that whatever DC do will be seen as "ripping off" Marvel/Avengers.
Agreed. And I'd say in the live-action films too as far as superheroes go.

Eh, I always felt people aren't going to care all that much. They may question it at first (if they even notice), but move on if it's not exactly the same thing.

"

Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #32
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Im gonna say this is Bull***.
Honestly weve been getting a lot of Bull**** rumours about Justice league. Im just gonna wait for WB to confirm something.
Simply put theres no way its Darkseid,Wb may be stupid but they are not that stupid to invite more avengers comparisons.In fact thr umours ive heard is that they are going out of the way to make Jl as unavengers as possible so Darkseid is out.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #33
thorstone
Side-Kick

The correct direction is a real actor in prosthetics that can physically interact with the other actors.

I assume the reason for the arrival of the New Gods is because of what happens in Man of Steel. I would think they are curious or afraid of Superman. Perhaps in Man of Steel, Krypton is future-Earth, and they come to Earth to judge Superman for time travel and creating an alternate timeline.

Another potential reason for Darkseid to come to Earth is if the containment unit that imprisons Doomsday is unearthed.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 AM   #34
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Im gonna say this is Bull***.
Honestly weve been getting a lot of Bull**** rumours about Justice league. Im just gonna wait for WB to confirm something.
Simply put theres no way its Darkseid,Wb may be stupid but they are not that stupid to invite more avengers comparisons.In fact thr umours ive heard is that they are going out of the way to make Jl as unavengers as possible so Darkseid is out.
I thought the JL movie would be more Earth-based and crime-based too. It still can be, if Darkseid is seen as being the mastermind behind everything, and most of the movie is about that buildup/reveal. But the JL movie in reality would have to compete with Avengers too, it has to be big, it will think of the marketing and the toys and the games, so WB probably would want to include sci-fi and make it on a grand scale (like MOS) and open up and set up that world. I wouldn't mind if it went all dark and Watchmen but would WB really bank on that kind of movie though.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 12-03-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #35
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

They could also make it known to the JL that Darkseid is behind it all rather than save it as some reveal (where a majority of the audience wouldn't really know or care about).

Other than that, a JL film would be compared to Avengers no matter what.

"

Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #36
Octoberist
point blank

I guess if you're gonna compete against Avengers, go big or go home. Though that attitude doesn't work all the time.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #37
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
They could also make it known to the JL that Darkseid is behind it all rather than save it as some reveal (where a majority of the audience wouldn't really know or care about).
I'm wondering more whether Darkseid would show up right away, or if the JL have to solve a mystery, or if there are other villains they have to confront before they get to Darkseid.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #38
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought the JL movie would be more Earth-based and crime-based too. It still can be, if Darkseid is seen as being the mastermind behind everything, and most of the movie is about that buildup/reveal. But the JL movie in reality would have to compete with Avengers too, it has to be big, it will think of the marketing and the toys and the games, so WB probably would want to include sci-fi and make it on a grand scale (like MOS.) I wouldn't mind if it went all dark and Watchmen but would WB really bank on that kind of movie though.
The fact they are using a villain who is rmearkablly similar to Thanos would hurt them. Theyd be inviting more unnecessary avngers knock off accusations.Imagine thanos first appearing in avengers 2 and darkseid in Jl.The bad publicity wld be insane.

No Wb isnt using Drakseid they at least shld know better.Its not like JL doeswnt have other villains that are just as Big and threatening.

All this rumours,i suspect is Wb just trying to stir publicity for the movie.All are just false.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #39
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
The fact they are using a villain who is rmearkablly similar to Thanos would hurt them. Theyd be inviting more unnecessary avngers knock off accusations.Imagine thanos first appearing in avengers 2 and darkseid in Jl.The bad publicity wld be insane.

No Wb isnt using Drakseid they at least shld know better.Its not like JL doeswnt have other villains that are just as Big and threatening.

All this rumours,i suspect is Wb just trying to stir publicity for the movie.All are just false.
Okay we'll wait til next week when the rumour will be Brainiac is the villain and we can discuss all the possibilities/call bs on it/compare it to Avengers.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #40
Deathstroke
Banned User

This is risky, but I hope they handle it right for a big payoff.

It's really going to come down to how Marvel handles Thanos and how WB/DC handles Darkseid.

The characters are so similar, and Avengers 2 comes out first. I was hoping WB/DC would avoid this route for the first film.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #41
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I guess if you're gonna compete against Avengers, go big or go home. Though that attitude doesn't work all the time.
And they want this to at least spin-off some of these characters.

Quote:
I'm wondering more whether Darkseid would show up right away, or if the JL have to solve a mystery, or if there are other villains they have to confront before they get to Darkseid.
I assumed they'd go the route of having his people do whatever and warn about Darkseid. Then he comes out when things aren't exactly going according to plan.

"

Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #42
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay we'll wait til next week when the rumour will be Brainiac is the villain and we can discuss all the possibilities/call bs on it/compare it to Avengers.
Rather wait for official annoucments .This rumours are just annoying

Quote:
We hope thats what they want to do.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #43
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess an advantage with a character like Darkseid, if they want to spin off characters, is that they're basically saying anything goes in this universe- there are gods, there's sci-fi, all these fantastical elements etc. so that would make it easier to spin off characters like Wonder Woman and Flash etc.

Quote:
Rather wait for official annoucments .This rumours are just annoying
That's a long-ass wait. And what we've been doing. And an official announcement won't necessarily reveal the villain right away. That's what the internet do.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 12-03-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #44
Deathstroke
Banned User

I'm hoping they go with a great prosthetics actor who is familiar with audiences.

Ron Perlman would be a perfect choice for this.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #45
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
This is risky, but I hope they handle it right for a big payoff.

It's really going to come down to how Marvel handles Thanos and how WB/DC handles Darkseid.

The characters are so similar, and Avengers 2 comes out first. I was hoping WB/DC would avoid this route for the first film.
They have no choice. The clock's ticking and the shareholders are on their heals.

This is all about time. The comic book genre will eventually go the way of the western and if Marvel continues to flood the market like they do, it could potentially hurt the genre sooner rather than later. It's the sole reason why a JL film is hitting in 2015.

Marvel, between Disney, Fox, and Sony, has 9 films hitting between 2013 and 2015. If you get a string of "not really good but okay films" in those two years (all Marvel), audiences might turn off to the whole genre. I don't think it'll happen but the potential for it to happen is.

Like many have been saying though, Man of Steel is the absolute key to this entire thing. If it soars, the sky's the limit on JL. WB could do whatever they want if Superman is the anchor for the audience. They're banking HUGELY on this aspect.

If we get an absolute killer Man of Steel film, punctuated with a roaring, fan seal of approval Batman cameo at the end of it, JL will be fine.

Last edited by J.Howlett; 12-03-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #46
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I guess an advantage with a character like Darkseid, if they want to spin off characters, is that they're basically saying anything goes in this universe- there are gods, there's sci-fi, all these fantastical elements etc. so that would make it easier to spin off characters like Wonder Woman and Flash etc.
Yeah, because it wouldn't really be a "problem" like Marvel felt it would be when it comes to the whatever films they make after JL. Even so, Marvel has already "set it up" for the general audience to "accept" these types of things.

"

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 AM   #47
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:

That's a long-ass wait. And what we've been doing. And an official announcement won't necessarily reveal the villain right away. That's what the internet do.
Still rather wait.The Lobo and Jgl rumour were just stupid

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #48
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Still rather wait.
Enjoy!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #49
BigA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

And he'll do it.
If Snyder gets a decent script he'll be a good choice IMO. Though not as iconic as Justice League he did a great job in Watchmen managing multiple superheros (though I a bit bias because Watchmen is one of my favorite movies). His visuals are a perfect fit for a movie like this.

BigA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #50
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I don't like it. It's one thing to start out with the whole team without building the individual members first, but to pit them against someone like Darkseid right off the bat is just pushing it. This reeks of the same reckless "all-in" mentality that we got with GL.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote