The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #151
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Darkseid is the Villain in Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I don't really think they need any solo lead-ups. Did 'Lord of the Rings'? No. Did 'Star Wars'? No.
They don't need solo lead-ups. They just need to get the characters right, which they have proven to not be able to do over and over again for decades already (except for Batman and Superman).

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #152
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
They don't need solo lead-ups. They just need to get the characters right, which they have proven to not be able to do over and over again for decades already (except for Batman and Superman).
They hired a writer that's a fan. That's all they can do.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #153
Lobo
Willa ♥

I see many of you saying Darkseid is too big a villain for the first. I disagree. I think he can be topped, but there is also no reason he can't be to the Justice League what Magneto is to the X Men films.

As for who could come after? Krona, Imperiex, Hyperclan etc

Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #154
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I see many of you saying Darkseid is too big a villain for the first. I disagree. I think he can be topped, but there is also no reason he can't be to the Justice League what Magneto is to the X Men films.

Wish they go with those first....especially Hyperclan

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #155
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I don't really think they need any solo lead-ups. Did 'Lord of the Rings'? No. Did 'Star Wars'? No.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #156
combocaz
Side-Kick

Quote:

Darkseid and Magneto??, not even in the same class bro it would be Darkseid and Apocalypse.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #157
Lobo
Willa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Darkseid and Magneto??, not even in the same class bro it would be Darkseid and Apocalypse.
Ugh no crap? Apocalypse is not in Seid's league either. I was referring to how Magneto was a a villain and presence throughout all three X-Men films not that they were in the same class. Read the post again

Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #158
Raoul Duke
Banned User

apocalypse? hahaha. there isn't another villain all of comicdom who flatters to deceive as much as old poccy. he hasn't done anything for over a decade either.

Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #159
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:

They could include supervillains like the Legion of Doom ie. a team after the first JL movie if they make some spinoff solo movies and establish villains there. As well as establishing Batman again, and figuring out what they are doing with Green Lantern.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #160
combocaz
Side-Kick

I was comparing Darkseid and Apocalypse as being main villains into a movie on the big screen for a first movie straight off the bat. I couldn't see Bryan Singer bring in Apocalypse as his first villain for his first X-Men movie without developing his X-Men first.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #161
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Or you could use Darkseid for all 3 Movies.

JL1: Gets barely defeated at the end and sent back to Apokolips.
JL2: His presence is felt throughout the Movie, he sends agents to earth, provides criminals with weapons and tech, gathers info on the League's weaknesses. Maybe have someone manage to steal contingency plans from Batman's computer. No idea who you'd make the big bad though that the League fights.
JL3: The Movie starts early with a full assault on earth. Boom tubes open across the globe, at key locations, the military is crippled within hours and the League Members get strategically taken out, like in Justice League: Doom and Superman is taken prisoner. Orion appears and takes the remaining League members to New Genesis, where they reveal who and what Darkseid is, and promising earth and the League their aid to defeat Darkseid.

And I want the final fight to be between Darkseid and Superman alone, while the League and the New Gods take care of his forces around the planet.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
See, now that's why I don't want Darkseid in this first movie. I also don't want him appearing in the ways you said because the things you mentioned could happen in an MoS movie.

The JL shouldn't just be about Superman's world(arguably Darkseid, New Gods, New Genesis, Intergang, etc.) imo.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #162
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
whilst the thanoscopter was funny, i think he's more well known for becoming the god of the universe and killing all the avengers, plus spider-man and pretty much every other a-lister?

my point is, up until final crisis, and seven soldiers too i guess, darkseid became a laughing stock. a pale shadow of his former self. this is undeniable. i mean, i didn't just pull the name "jobberseid" out of no where and i'm definitely not making up the part where he fell down some steps like a chump. in recent years, as in, the last 5 or 6, dc has been trying to rehabilitate his standing in the comics, to varying degrees of success, jla not being one of them. whilst thanos has been successful and not a laughing stock ever since infinity gauntlet which was like, 15 years ago.

true darkseid has been awesome in the cartoons, thanks to ironside. but who watches those cartoons? about 100,000 people. so this idea that darkseid is more prevalent in pop culture is also laughable.

in summary, i think it will be awesome to see both darkseid and thanos on the big screen. they are both great, and very, very different villains, despite their superficial similarities.
The JL cartoon brought more than just 100,000 viewers. It's because of that cartoon that most of the younger generation knows who the members of the JL are. I agree about a lot of people not knowing Darkseid, but that doesn't make him any less of a badass villain. He has the potential to be the baddest of the bad when it comes to CBM villains if they do him correctly. His Omega Beams alone would pull in a lot of viewers out of interest.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #163
Nathan

Well, Darkseid hasn't appeared yet, but using Intergang, New Gods, Apokolipian tech, isn't an issue for Young Justice. Darkseid doesn't need to be strictly Superman. Though I'd prefer it if he gets introduced in a Superman solo movie.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #164
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I personally want Hyperclan because they are a supervillain team that doesnt need build up like legion of doom.Also by using them

By using them Dc would effectivelu be c0kblocking the avengers from using a villain team(Masters of Evil,Squadron supreme) or shapeshifting aliens(skrulls).Basically pay them back for Cockblocing Darkseid.

MY JUSTICE LEAGUE VILLAIN IDEAS HYPERCLAN

Hyperclan are disguised leader figures in the world and slowly establishing an evil world Government.

The Hyperclan succeeds in painting all Superheroes as threats and this leads to the world government leaders sponsoring the creation of OMACs(using discarded kryptonian tech form the Zod invasion 4 yrs ago) to hunt down,Capture and if necessary kill other Superheroes.Superheroes are forced to go into the hiding.The Hyperclan is using the Omacs to establish totalitarian rule of earth under the disguise of protecting the world from superheroes.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #165
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
I personally want Hyperclan because they are a supervillain team that doesnt need build up like legion of doom.Also by using them

MY JUSTICE LEAGUE VILLAIN IDEAS HYPERCLAN

Hyperclan are disguised leader figures in the world and slowly establishing an evil world Government.

The Hyperclan succeeds in painting all Superheroes as threats and this leads to the world government leaders sponsoring the creation of OMACs(using discarded kryptonian tech form the Zod invasion 4 yrs ago) to hunt down,Capture and if necessary kill other Superheroes.Superheroes are forced to go into the hiding.The Hyperclan is using the Omacs to establish totalitarian rule of earth under the disguise of protecting the world from superheroes.
That's actually not a bad idea, though I think Hyperclan can also be used when the JL is more established, and the presence of many superheroes is more established on Earth, which would be down the line, when the movies are more figured out.

As for the Legion of Doom, it would be tricky making the members be established in the solo movies first, though it would tie in the solo movies more with a JL movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
The only way I can conceivably see JL working without Darkseid is to do Crisis on Infinite Earths as the first story. And talk about frakking with audiences minds and expectations. Anti-Monitor, merging of initially separate superhero film universes into one... jeez. That would probably be too much.
I think they should slowly start introducing the idea of the Multiverse down the line, once the audience get used to this "universe" more. I don't see why they couldn't have another version of the JL show up, from a different universe, it could be part of the plotline (not necessarily be about separate film universes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Not that I'd recommend Final Crisis be the basis for any JL film, not unless we want to open the third eyes of filmgoers everywhere...
I agree, but Final Crisis does have a great tone and scope. They could use elements of that and start to introduce bigger ideas in the story.

I wonder if this movie will even use ideas like the Anti-Life Equation.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #166
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, Darkseid hasn't appeared yet, but using Intergang, New Gods, Apokolipian tech, isn't an issue for Young Justice. Darkseid doesn't need to be strictly Superman. Though I'd prefer it if he gets introduced in a Superman solo movie.
This^

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #167
Destructus86
Side-Kick

This is surprising and confusing...because that's so sci-fi and Batman is way too grounded for that in terms of the Nolanverse

Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #168
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That's actually not a bad idea, though I think Hyperclan can also be used when the JL is more established, and the presence of many superheroes is more established on Earth, which would be down the line, when the movies are more figured out.
Not sure why that has to be down the line.The new 52 established that the world was filled with superheroes in the very 1st JL arc.The 1st Justice league movie can easily establish the same.In fact its the best approach as it basically does away the need for origins-The audience simply accepts that they are watching a fantastical version of the earth filled with heroes and wont ask where they are from.

Rember The Justice league is not the aliannce of the Worlds only superheroes but the best.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #169
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Not sure why that has to be down the line.The new 52 established that the world was filled with superheroes in the very 1st JL arc.The 1st Justice league movie can easily establish the same.In fact its the best approach as it basically does away the need for origins-The audience simply accepts that they are watching a fantastical version of the earth filled with heroes and wont ask where they are from.

Rember The Justice league is not the aliannce of the Worlds only superheroes but the best.
I think it works differently in a movie. Comics move more quickly. I think the JL movie has to introduce the idea of the world filled with many superheroes. It can't go straight into a world where superheroes are the norm. I don't think that is how they will approach it. I think the presence of all these heroes will start to be exposed and the heroes will meet each other and realise a common threat, a world threat.

I think it will be too much to introduce the superheroes, then the Hyperclan, then have the Hyperclan expose the heroes as threats in the first movie, forcing them into hiding. (Besides, it looks like we are getting a somewhat similar form of that in "Man of Steel" i.e. the superhero seen as a threat.)

I wouldn't mind seeing the superheroes seen as a threat or the people of Earth not seeing their methods as viable once the heroes have been around a while, once they know what superheroes are about and what their methods are in helping people. That's a big part of why the Hyperclan were embraced in the comic's plot, because the people preferred their methods to the JLA's.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 12-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #170
Nathan

Well, the 52 comic didn't exactly establish Superheroes as the norm, but that they were slowly emerging and not trusted by the public. Batman was still as good as a myth, Green Lantern had a tussle with the Airforce, Flash was being hunted by the Police, Superman didn't exactly have a lot of fans either and Wonder Woman was under watch at the Pentagon. Only when Batman was investigating the Parademons, that installed strange devices, they slowly came together.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #171
Raoul Duke
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The JL cartoon brought more than just 100,000 viewers. It's because of that cartoon that most of the younger generation knows who the members of the JL are. I agree about a lot of people not knowing Darkseid, but that doesn't make him any less of a badass villain. He has the potential to be the baddest of the bad when it comes to CBM villains if they do him correctly. His Omega Beams alone would pull in a lot of viewers out of interest.
i'm not so sure his omega beams would be the appeal. they're basically just laser eyes.

they need to go a kind of, lovecraftian route with darkseid. don't just make him a villain, make him a truly scary cosmic horror movie type villain. a being which mortals can barely comprehend.

Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #172
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
It's different for Young Justice because they focus on a different side of the DC Universe very episode. JL movies won't have the luxury of multiple episodes, so I don't want Superman's world being the focus for all three movies. Save that for his own movies.

I agree that Darkseid doesn't need to be strictly Superman, which is why I'd have him appear in an MoS movie before he does in the third JL movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #173
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
i'm not so sure his omega beams would be the appeal. they're basically just laser eyes.

they need to go a kind of, lovecraftian route with darkseid. don't just make him a villain, make him a truly scary cosmic horror movie type villain. a being which mortals can barely comprehend.
I agree about that description of Darkseid, sounds great.

His Omega Beams would be apart of his appeal, because of their visual approach. Those beams will curve around until they hit their target, which is something the audience has never seen in a movie and would undoubtedly find really cool.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #174
Nathan

Plus, they obliterate anyone and anything. They can even keep up with Flash. Only someone like Superman is able to withstand them.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #175
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
whilst the thanoscopter was funny, i think he's more well known for becoming the god of the universe and killing all the avengers, plus spider-man and pretty much every other a-lister?

my point is, up until final crisis, and seven soldiers too i guess, darkseid became a laughing stock. a pale shadow of his former self. this is undeniable. i mean, i didn't just pull the name "jobberseid" out of no where and i'm definitely not making up the part where he fell down some steps like a chump. in recent years, as in, the last 5 or 6, dc has been trying to rehabilitate his standing in the comics, to varying degrees of success, jla not being one of them. whilst thanos has been successful and not a laughing stock ever since infinity gauntlet which was like, 15 years ago.

true darkseid has been awesome in the cartoons, thanks to ironside. but who watches those cartoons? about 100,000 people. so this idea that darkseid is more prevalent in pop culture is also laughable.

in summary, i think it will be awesome to see both darkseid and thanos on the big screen. they are both great, and very, very different villains, despite their superficial similarities.
The most exposure Thanos has had in pop culture until The Avengers was Super Hero Squad. Nuff Said.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote