The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #76
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 9 "The Suicide King" Discussion Thread

Because she's not smart.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #77
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 9 "The Suicide King" Discussion Thread

Chris Hardwick is talking slightly slower. Very slightly slower

venus_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #78
kguillou
Side-Kick

Great premiere! But...it's looking like we won't be seeing the Rick/ Tyrese friendship/partnership from the books.

kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #79
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I'm pretty sure Herschel's younger daughter is marked for death. She had way too many lines this episode and character development. That usually spells death.

As I mentioned, glad Daryl and Merle are off on their own. Things were getting too claustrophobic. There should be multiple plot threads in an apocalypse.

Glenn started to become a badass this season, but the Maggie Incident has made him look like a sissy again. His outburst at Rick was inexplicable even under those circumstances.

There was a lot of talking in this episode, and wow did Herchsel make a comeback this episode. He's the new Dale, moral compass guy, only not as preachy. I thought he was dead as soon as he was training Carol in medicine.

Anyway, good episode. It set up a lot of loose ends to be tied up later

Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #80
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Just because she knows the Gov is a piece of ****, why would she foresake a generally good group of people in their time of need? So she could go out on her own to a ****ty, run-down prison with a group of people she hasn't been a part of for almost a year? Come on, now...

I could see her turning on the Governor, but I don't think she'll be like "Hey, Woodbury, **** all y'all!!!" and take off into the night.
It wasn't that she didn't immediately head for the hills. It's that she's still making googly eyes at him and pleading with him to not force her away. How is that the response of anyone but an idiot given what she just learned? No questioning herself, him or any re-evaluation of character. Just business as usual and completely unfazed. Being the First Lady of Woodbury is serious business.

Hey, why didn't you tell me my friends were here?
You're just a visitor passing through. You don't need to know ****.
OK, so are there really not going to be anymore BBQs?

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #81
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
It wasn't that she didn't immediately head for the hills. It's that she's still making googly eyes at him and pleading with him to not force her away. How is that the response of anyone but an idiot given what she just learned? No questioning herself, him or any re-evaluation of character. Just business as usual and completely unfazed. Being the First Lady of Woodbury is serious business.

Hey, why didn't you tell me my friends were here?
You're just a visitor passing through. You don't need to know ****.
OK, so are there really not going to be anymore BBQs?
Well, yeah, that definitely deserves a

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #82
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I'm kind of conflicted on Michonne. Is there any point to her character right now? She's just another person on the waiting list to join Rick's group, only she doesn't talk. She makes faces. What is her motive at this time? Her business at Woodbury is complete. Is she going back for Andrea again? Going off to that island? I thought she didn't want to join Rick's group? Things would be a lot easier to understand if she talked and her silence wasn't a crappy plot device.

She's just background fodder. Hopefully they make something happen with her character soon.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #83
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah they need to let her open up at some point. Making faces and grunting isn't cutting it.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #84
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I think the only conceivable way that Andrea is redeemed is if she usurps the Governor in Woodbury. She helps in someway with his Dien Bien Phu moment at the prison, and she just kind of rides off in the sunset as a happy ending. A shattered but peaceful and democratic settlement at Woodbury.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #85
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
i think the only conceivable way that andrea is redeemed is if she usurps the governor in woodbury. She helps in someway with his dien bien phu moment at the prison, and she just kind of rides off in the sunset as a happy ending. A shattered but peaceful and democratic settlement at woodbury.

Seriously.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #86
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Yeah they need to let her open up at some point. Making faces and grunting isn't cutting it.
Her grand total of like seven lines of dialogue have almost all contradicted her actions as a character. Maybe I missed something, but why is she hanging out with Rick's group? Didn't she want to be on her own?

I say let her start "talking" in a Frank Miller style inner monologue. Even that would be better than her pouty lips and cutting eyes.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #87
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

This was the first episode that Michonne's silent routine got on my nerves. Did she have a line other than something about wanting to kill Merle? I was hoping for more group integration, even with the fallout from her Woodbury agenda. Something probably shakes loose next week in that regard. Thankfully, there was plenty else going on to push the story.

Wow. Kevin Smith really has some short, stubby ass legs.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #88
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post

Seriously.
Sorry. It just came to me.

Would it surprise anyone at this point if Crazy Rick (Crick?) started spouting off about the Woodbury imperialists?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #89
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
This was the first episode that Michonne's silent routine got on my nerves. Did she have a line other than something about wanting to kill Merle? I was hoping for more group integration, even with the fallout from her Woodbury agenda. Something probably shakes loose next week in that regard. Thankfully, there was plenty else going on to push the story.

Wow. Kevin Smith really has some short, stubby ass legs.
did she have screen time other than rick yelling at her ...again

NOPE

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #90
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

She could've opened up a bit in regards to Andrea. There's no sense in just shutting them out when they know what's what.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #91
Evelisse
Exactly

Was good, hope Rick snaps out of it quick, Tyreese is the man and he will display his worth soon I'm sure to Rick. I'm not sure Rick has slept much since Lori died. Weren't there a few kids in Woodbury? And I assume the people wanting to leave are different than those cheering on the Daryl/Mearl fight? As far as Andrea..I'd like to say she'd do the right thing in the end but, I'm not sure she wouldn't end up in the gov's bed again, soon as he turns on the charm.

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #92
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

There's something else I forgot to mention. Hersh's younger daughter, she always has these weird little moments. The first half of the season it was like the producers were trying to set up a rather creepy romance between her and Carl, or at the very least show that Carl has a crush on her. If you recall they shared an obvious, lingering gaze, and also Carl tried to share a cell with her and jumped his mother's s*** when she tried to parent him in front of Hersh's daughter.

Well, tonight's weird moment was that long lingering kiss on the cheek to the returning Rick. I mean, that seemed to be purposely shot so we would notice it. She's also taken on the mother role for Judith Asskicker.

So my theory is that she is crushing on Rick while Carl is crushing on her. So that maybe that becomes an issue down the road for Rick and his young son. Hopefully not, but maybe it'll be a reason for Carl do something stupid.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #93
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
Well, tonight's weird moment was that long lingering kiss on the cheek to the returning Rick. I mean, that seemed to be purposely shot so we would notice it. She's also taken on the mother role for Judith Asskicker.

So my theory is that she is crushing on Rick while Carl is crushing on her. So that maybe that becomes an issue down the road for Rick and his young son. Hopefully not, but maybe it'll be a reason for Carl do something stupid.
I think you're reading too much into it. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I think she was just grateful that Rick brought her sister home.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #94
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

I hope I am. I don't particularly want to see Carl become the new Shane. Oh wait, that actually doesn't sound so bad. Somebody get him on some HGH.

If it had just been a long shot and *peck* I wouldn't think about it, but if I recall it was shot with multiple angles and a close up. Of course it'll probably go nowhere.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #95
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

As long as Beth doesn't start wearing Lori's clothes, dying her hair brown, and sneaking into Rick's cell to watch him sleep. I'm going to agree with Sawyer on this one.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #96
Evelisse
Exactly

i think Michonne will open up once Ricks group gets streamlined i think more people gotta go.

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #97
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
How?

Shane kind of predicted Rick wouldn't be able to handle this world. Now Rick has mentally collapsed from the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
I'm pretty sure Herschel's younger daughter is marked for death. She had way too many lines this episode and character development. That usually spells death.

I think it would be kind of devastating for Hershel to lose her , but she does have the least amount of character development.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #98
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
i think Michonne will open up once Ricks group gets streamlined i think more people gotta go.
Especially once she meets Tyrese! (Wink to any who've read the comics!)

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #99
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Shane kind of predicted Rick wouldn't be able to handle this world. Now Rick has mentally collapsed from the pressure.
Yeah, but considering the source... Shane already couldn't handle his ****. If Lori had died with Shane still around, he probably would've flipped out and executed everyone else on the spot, including Carl.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #100
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
As long as Beth doesn't start wearing Lori's clothes, dying her hair brown, and sneaking into Rick's cell to watch him sleep. I'm going to agree with Sawyer on this one.
She doesn't have to go Fatal Attraction to have a crush on Rick. There are hints that Carl likes her and now some indication that she may like Rick. And she started talking a whole lot this episode. We know what happens to minor characters that start developing a role...

THEY GET DEAD

Usually within an episode from onset of symptoms like suddenly expanded dialogue and purpose.