Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #276
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Well it beats a teaser of a trailer!

I disagree. The teaser at least contained brand new footage and images from the film. This poster is just a lo-res looking still from a trailer that was already released months ago. It's nothing to get excited about. The film has been in the can for over a year, so you'd think they would have better images prepped for release.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #277
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I have indeed! Twice last week! It's funny, only had 1 MOS related dream in a whole year before, now 2 in a week. Spooky...

I am and we will.
lucky you!!

I won't be able to see Hobbit opening weekend..........

but I'll probably see it the following week.

hopefully, the MOS trailer will be released online in between.

and........I hope I'll actually get to see the trailer on the big screen........

I mean.....they'll still play it with the Hobbit by the 2nd week.......right??? right??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #278
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I look at both official photos as a pair. Both the smoky bank vault photo and handcuff photo is there way of saying this is modern and edgy.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #279
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I continue to find all of this so ironic. People complaining about how dark and depressing Superman Returns and here we are with the same approach.

I do however think the Trailer wipes all of this away.

It will. Problem is, they're trying to come up with a very mysterious, intriguing campaign to get people interested in this property again. There's also this weird misconception that the film is going to look or feel like The Dark Knight films... Not the case, at all. It will be it's own thing. I think people will be surprised.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #280
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-El View Post
I agree that in that respect. (I"m also a designer). Just the cropping is not executed very well......the image of ALL the guys in that hallway is more powerful than cropped soldiers.

But, this is clearly a concept-based teaser.

"Why is Superman in handcuffs?"
I wholeheartedly agree.

Listen I love the symbolism here, but a few subtle additions and modifications could have made this poster more visually striking and interesting. Instead, it appears as if this poster was illustrated in under an hour.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #281
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I disagree. The teaser at least contained brand new footage and images from the film. This poster is just a lo-res looking still from a trailer that was already released months ago. It's nothing to get excited about. The film has been in the can for over a year, so you'd think they would have better images prepped for release.
But it was only released to comic con attendees

Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #282
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I look at both official photos as a pair. Both the smoky bank vault photo and handcuff photo is there way of saying this is modern and edgy.
and for some reason, I think those scenes might be related to each other.

like, Superman crashes into the vault. He emerges from the rubble, with the soldiers closing in on him ( which you do see in the CC footage ). They go to arrest him, and in a show of trust and good faith, Superman complies and goes with them willingly.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #283
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post
It will. Problem is, they're trying to come up with a very mysterious, intriguing campaign to get people interested in this property again. There's also this weird misconception that the film is going to look or feel like The Dark Knight films... Not the case, at all. It will be it's own thing. I think people will be surprised.
I trust you, Gill.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #284
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I like the poster, its good to get something new. Sure the poster could of been better but I still like it!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #285
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Please elaborate if you have examples. I haven't really been looking around for public reaction.
Yeah. People saying he looks good or huge and wondering about the handcuffs. It's pretty much agreed that the execution of the picture is lacking but liking it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #286
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
I continue to find all of this so ironic. People complaining about how dark and depressing Superman Returns and here we are with the same approach.
Lol, the Superman boards once again laughably contradict themselves in terms of what they claim to want.

Cause people are going to lap this up just because its "new and modern", unlike SR.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #287
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I wholeheartedly agree.

Listen I love the symbolism here, but a few subtle additions and modifications could have made this poster more visually striking and interesting. Instead, it appears as if this poster was illustrated in under an hour.
they waited till the counter went up to 99%, and then someone realized....."Oh ****!! We need to whip up some kind of poster to placate the fans who participated in this scam....er......viral marketing. Quick!! Grab a screenshot from the Comic Con trailer!!"

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #288
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I trust you, Gill.
Honestly, I think the Con footage alone should have given everyone a very solid idea of what this thing is going to be like.

If anything, there are shades of Begins there, but that's really only because of the gravity and the serious tone of the whole thing. That's about where it ends.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #289
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Is there any way of finding out for sure if the MOS trailer is accompanying The Hobbit in the UK?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #290
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Lol, the Superman boards once again laughably contradict themselves in terms of what they claim to want.
It's amazing. People coming out and saying they wanted a bright fun Superman film with bright colors and the suit to be more like the original. Now this film comes out and it's "We love the dark suit!", "We love the gritty take!"

I give up.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #291
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I don't know how to say this so it makes sense... I just want to feel like we are watching Superman. Not just a guy who has the same powers that he has in a real world setting. Does that make any sense? For example watching Reeve (and I'm not a Donner fanboy by any means) I feel like I'm watching Superman. Even on Lois and Clark I felt like I was watching the character of Superman. Hope someone gets what I mean lol

Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #292
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
It's amazing. People coming out and saying they wanted a bright fun Superman film with bright colors and the suit to be more like the original. Now this film comes out and it's "We love the dark suit!", "We love the gritty take!"

I give up.
It reminds me of the Itchy, Scratchy, and Poochy episode where the execs are trying to figure out what the kids want in the cartoon

Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #293
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
I don't know how to say this so it makes sense... I just want to feel like we are watching Superman. Not just a guy who has the same powers that he has in a real world setting. Does that make any sense? For example watching Reeve (and I'm not a Donner fanboy by any means) I feel like I'm watching Superman. Even on Lois and Clark I felt like I was watching the character of Superman. Hope someone gets what I mean lol
I understand and feel the same way.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #294
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El Fan View Post
When I was putting my two cents in on the composition, I very-much felt like I was reviewing a student's portfolio.
But again, I don't think this was treated with any kind of importance at WB.
Exactly, and that's what irks me. Then again, I wouldnt be surprised to find out that there was no Graphic Designer hired. Especially since the Photoshop program is so easy to obtain and master (like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint).

There's hardly any effort placed into these posters anymore.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #295
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Yeah. People saying he looks good or huge and wondering about the handcuffs. It's pretty much agreed that the execution of the picture is lacking but liking it.
Cool, thanks

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #296
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post

Well I think with the way they have marketed it so far, I don't blame people for feeling like that. If people do feel that way, I believe they pointed them in that direction.

Quote:
I HOPE that is their reasoning, or that they have reasoning
Hard to tell with them.

Quote:
I keep hearing the trailer will have that effect. I hope so, can't wait to see it for myself! Yes, thus far the marketing has been rather dark, and it does remind me of some of the Superman Returns marketing.
If the trailer comes out and it's no good, then there is a problem. I can't see that happening though.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #297
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Is there any way of finding out for sure if the MOS trailer is accompanying The Hobbit in the UK?
Not until its out I emailed loads of cinemas and they couldn't tell me until after it had been released BUT the Dark Knight Rises had the MOS teaser so I'd expect it will.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #298
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Quote:

I give up.
But is it REALLY that gritty? I didn't see anything in the Con footage that would suggest that it would be. I saw a brightly lit, gorgeous shot of Superman practically walking on clouds. I saw explosions and epic fight sequences that felt more like Star Trek than The Dark Knight. Did the two posters/images utilize a lot of shadows and give off a very mysterious vibe? Absolutely.

But I really don't think this film is what I would consider gritty. I think gritty and I think Taxi Driver or Blade Runner, something with some grime. To me, this is a much, much different kind of thing.

Maybe I'm desensitized to grittiness, I don't know.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #299
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:

I give up.
I think there's only a very small contingent that wanted the bright colors and the classic suit. These people tend to be the most die hard of all fans, that stick around these boards even when a movie isn't pending. They're the type that screamed about not having the underoos in this version.

That small group is getting completely drowned out right now by the people that really like where this movie is going (other than the with respect to the marketing of the film, that is).

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #300
X Knight
Saber Class

was Superman walking on clouds, literally?? or on snow/ice??

I always thought it was snow/ice........

I hope that scene is in the real trailer........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread