Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #376
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
looked all across several sites this is only place being outright negative LOL

you people set your expectations so high as if the reveal was gonna be new trailer
So having a negative opinion immediately means that we are overly biased / spoiled / have "too high expectations" etc? So you can just throw our critiques out the window as being illegitimate? Should we only say nice things about promotional material in the future?

Okay...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #377
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
This makes it look like the entire movie is going to be about Superman breaking out of jail or something.
I don't think Snyder is going for a short-film.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #378
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
So you don't think we're spoiled in this day and age? I certainly think we are the Internet has taken away so much admittedly it's also given so much but I remember when I was younger only finding out about Batman Forever from a leaflet at the cinema with what's coming next year.
I was only referring to poster/promotional art.

The impatience and demand for auxiliary material is a whole different topic and one that I've widely tackled here before. When it comes to that I definitely do think the internet age has become "spoiled" but that's not what you were referring to in your initial post.

It was about some not finding the new poster very good and those who have said that the quality of the picture itself is poor and that the photoshop was quick and careless have a point. That's not being spoiled but just pointing out the truth. If someone were demanding for a trailer and a new poster then I would agree that they're being spoiled but placing a critique on something that deserves it isn't.

My point being that posters of the past were made with far more care, talent and time. Posters for a lot of films are progressively getting worst and that's unfortunate.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #379
Project862006
Banned User

dont get me wrong is it great no it is solid but i would of chosen that shot of superman standing in FOT door with his cape blowing in the wind if they took a comic con screen cap

Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #380
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

The impatience and demand for auxiliary material is a whole different topic and one that I've widely tackled here before. When it comes to that I definitely do think the internet age has become "spoiled" but that's not what you were referring to in your initial post.

It was about some not finding the new poster very good and those who have said that the quality of the picture itself is poor and that the photoshop was quick and careless have a point. That's not being spoiled but just pointing out the truth. If someone were demanding for a trailer and a new poster then I would agree that they're being spoiled but placing a critique on something that deserves it isn't.
No I agree with that but sone are disappointed that we've only gotten a poster that to me shows how spoilt we have become.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #381
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
So having a negative opinion immediately means that we are overly biased / spoiled / have "too high expectations" etc? So you can just throw our critiques out the window as being illegitimate? Should we only say nice things about promotional material in the future?

Okay...
wow how about you calm the down you literally put about 100 words in my mouth not once did i say you cant be negative or that your opinion doesn't matter but go ahead and make stuff up to back up your post

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #382
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
prepare to be disappointed

The MOS theatrical poster will feature a photoshopped image of Brandon Routh.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #383
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

My point being that posters of the past were made with far more care, talent and time. Posters for a lot of films are progressively getting worst and that's unfortunate.
I agree, not just posters but film as well are all becoming steamlined, and in the process are losing quality and creativity.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #384
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
It's amazing. People coming out and saying they wanted a bright fun Superman film with bright colors and the suit to be more like the original. Now this film comes out and it's "We love the dark suit!", "We love the gritty take!"

I give up.
Me too. Basically, as long as Superman punches someone in the face and it seems "kewl and modern", people will eat it up.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #385
Project862006
Banned User

what i do like is if this poster is in theatres it is gonna get lots of people's attention

Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #386
Marvin
Side-Kick

Some of the disappointment may stem from that clever build up they put us through.

Alot of people saying the concept is good. I think it's a good story point but not for a poster. Imagine months and months of walking into a theater building and all you see is this very literal still from a movie. It's just odd. Superman in chains as a concept can be made into a very viable poster, soldiers, military...Something about this....
Can you all imagine if the soldiers had their guns armed and pointed at superman? It would be an even bigger example of the message they are sending here. Superman vs ...

Something about how matter of fact the setting it is, I'd personally prefer something more deliberate.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It's still early yet. Even TDKR got it's act together. And TDK had awesome posters.

I do agree with the idea that it will get attention though.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #387
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post

The MOS theatrical poster will feature a photoshopped image of Brandon Routh.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #388
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Me too. Basically, as long as Superman punches someone in the face and it seems "kewl and modern", people will eat it up.
And maybe that's what this franchise needs, because it sure as hell doesn't need another As The World Turns episode/pseudo love letter to Donner.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #389
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
wow how about you calm the down you literally put about 100 words in my mouth not once did i say you cant be negative or that your opinion doesn't matter but go ahead and make stuff up to back up your post

Sorry, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I'm just confused as to who exactly you are critiquing here.

I'm calm, but perplexed.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #390
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A person could photoshop Warner Bros. logo onto the helmets of the soldiers in the poster and it would still feel natural with the setting.lol

But in all seriousness; as others have said, love the concept, not so much on the execution.

I don't think some of us have such high expectations; it's just that you'd think that a professional film company/studio would release something that looks like it was worthy of someone being paid to do and not something that looks as though one of us could have made it; hell I've seen several forum users here with talents far better than the ones who were behind some of the TDKR posters, and they don't even get paid for it.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #391
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
dont get me wrong is it great no it is solid but i would of chosen that shot of superman standing in FOT door with his cape blowing in the wind if they took a comic con screen cap
this......a 1000x this.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #392
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Do not post bootlegged/pirated material. That will get you an infraction and up to a probationary ban.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #393
Charlus
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Do not post bootlegged/pirated material. That will get you an infraction and up to a probationary ban.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #394
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
where's the bootlegged/pirated material????

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #395
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I do hope that they post pictures or stills within the coming months of Clark Kent or Superman smiling within that given picture. I'm sure a lot of people are aware that Cavil possess a great deal of charisma and given that Superman is one of the few heroes who can actually smile in a natural sense, it'd be a good time to show it somewhere down the line.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #396
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I don't think Snyder is going for a short-film.
That's exactly what I'm saying. This poster concept makes it look like the whole army/prison thing is going to be much more significant than I think it should be. I would've rather seen a poster that reflects the theme or tone of the movie more than a single plot point.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #397
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
craigdbfan deleted it fast.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #398
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
You just missed it.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #399
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Even though the motive is dramatic, there is no drama in the picture itself whatsoever.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #400
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post
And maybe that's what this franchise needs, because it sure as hell doesn't need another As The World Turns episode/pseudo love letter to Donner.
Honestly, i'm not as concerned with action scenes and trying to conform to current storytelling trends as much as I'm concerned with the movie being good regardless of whether or not they do action scenes and conform to current storytelling trends.

A Superman movie could have no hand to hand action whatsoever and still be a great movie.

Closed Thread