The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #626
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,401
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

And to think; if we had stayed on our original schedule, we'd be getting to see MOS very soon from now.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #627
Black Dynamite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 160
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

i dont think i will be able to handle pacific rim, trek, and mos trailers all showing one right after the other during the hobbit

Black Dynamite is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #628
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair
 
DaJanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Holy hell that Trek Trailer...I hope The Man of Steal trailer is as good as Treks teaser...

DaJanksta is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #629
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Io9 has this to say about the Star Trek trailer:

Quote:
This "Announcement" video is the last you'll see of the Star Trek sequel online, until December 17, when the teaser trailer officially debuts.
So if that's just an online teaser for the longer trailer, perhaps we'll get a short edit of the MoS trailer beforehand too? Ey WB ey ey?

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #630
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Agree. He's completely genuine when he says "the film's just got a great look." Based on the footage seen so far, that's exactly what I'm thinking. It just looks very very high quality. Well shot and just beautiful with the color choices and all.
And that's before any FX are added. The pictures in themselves though desaturated and bleak are just gorgeous to look at. There's an epicness to them even if it's just socks in the wind or a close-up of a toy-truck. A spade is a spade and yet not. It's underplayed, it's poetic and it's immersive. Placing an otherwordly story about a superpowered alien in the middle of that is a really exiting prospect.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #631
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
So if that's just an online teaser for the longer trailer, perhaps we'll get a short edit of the MoS trailer beforehand too? Ey WB ey ey?
So that's just a teaser for the trailer coming later this month?

Looks pretty good. Full trailer should be great. The MOS-trailer better not disappear in its shadow.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #632
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
And that's before any FX are added. The pictures in themselves though desaturated and bleak are just gorgeous to look at. There's an epicness to them even if it's just socks in the wind or a close-up of a toy-truck. A spade is a spade and yet not. It's underplayed, it's poetic and it's immersive. Placing an otherwordly story about a superpowered alien in the middle of that is a really exiting prospect.
Right on. As good as the Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 trailer look, they just don't have the same heavy density and beauty of the (very little) footage we've seen of MOS so far.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #633
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
So that's just a teaser for the trailer coming later this month?
That's the impression I get from io9. They say this teaser might play with The Hobbit until the full trailers release on the 17th, but then there's also the prologue in front of that film soooo basically I'm confused as hell but I'm hoping this way of releasing shorter edits online to tease the full in-cinema's only trailer might just be the new status quo for trailers these days, meaning WB will be rolling out something online prior to The Hobbit's release.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 AM   #634
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Dark_Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 5,473
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
That's the impression I get from io9. They say this teaser might play with The Hobbit until the full trailers release on the 17th, but then there's also the prologue in front of that film soooo basically I'm confused as hell but I'm hoping this way of releasing shorter edits online to tease the full in-cinema's only trailer might just be the new status quo for trailers these days, meaning WB will be rolling out something online prior to The Hobbit's release.
It's an online announcement teaser. From the Star Trek fb page.
Watch the Star Trek ANNOUNCEMENT exclusively on iTunes Movie Trailers Now! Return for the Star Trek Into Darkness TEASER on 12/17!

Dark_Lord is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #635
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Right on. As good as the Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 trailer look, they just don't have the same heavy density and beauty of the (very little) footage we've seen of MOS so far.
Star Trek looks good though. IM3 just looks noisy, but that's just me. Never was a fan of those movies.

But you're right. So far MOS does indeed have that mature imagery of not over-selling, but rather keeping it small and intimate.

The next trailer will probably smash that to atoms though. But hopefully they'll not lose track and keep it as tasteful as BB and also LOTR were in that department.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #636
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
It's an online announcement teaser. From the Star Trek fb page.
Watch the Star Trek ANNOUNCEMENT exclusively on iTunes Movie Trailers Now! Return for the Star Trek Into Darkness TEASER on 12/17!
So, which one goes with The Hobbit then? The announcement-thing?

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #637
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Star Trek looks good though. IM3 just looks noisy, but that's just me. Never was a fan of those movies.

But you're right. So far MOS does indeed have that mature imagery of not over-selling, but rather keeping it small and intimate.

The next trailer will probably smash that to atoms though. But hopefully they'll not lose track and keep it as tasteful as BB and also LOTR were in that department.
Haha that's what I'm thinking too. If they can maintain that raw, heavy tone though during the Metropolis-Black Zero ****fest, then... color us impressed.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #638
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Haha that's what I'm thinking too. If they can maintain that raw, heavy tone though during the Metropolis-Black Zero ****fest, then... color us impressed.
I REALLY hope they will keep track and not give in too much to action and FX over substance, style and grace. And really, it shouldnt be too hard to blend it seamlessly and appropriately when the foundation is there.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #639
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I REALLY hope they will keep track and not give in too much to action and FX over substance, style and grace. And really, it shouldnt be too hard to blend it seamlessly and appropriately when the foundation is there.
Yeah. The realism of the effects is WETAs department. But in terms of Snyder's part, I think the key is to frame all the carnage with the true human element. Show the actual stakes. Not focus on some MichaelBaygasm shot but on Lois and other innocents with genuine fear and concern. Show their struggle.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #640
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Dark_Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 5,473
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
So, which one goes with The Hobbit then? The announcement-thing?
The longer version. The one that will be released online the following Monday (Dec 17).

I really hope WB doesn't wait until Dec 17 to release the trailer online. They released the teaser the next day, so hopefully we'll have the new trailer by Saturday Dec 15.

I seriously can't wait. I haven't been this excited for a trailer in a very long time. We're so close, but these last few days until its release feel a lot longer.

Dark_Lord is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #641
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Whatever they choose to show and reveal now with the trailer, I hope its backed up by the right music track. Watching the CC footage again, Hans Zimmer's track there never fails to give me goosebumps, if I was Zack Snyder I'd be tempted to say 'Sorry Hans but we're stealing that song for this film now.'

I really hope we get something along those lines rather then the industry standard Inception waaaaarrpp, waaaaaaarrrp for a minute and a half.

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #642
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,401
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
The longer version. The one that will be released online the following Monday (Dec 17).

I really hope WB doesn't wait until Dec 17 to release the trailer online. They released the teaser the next day, so hopefully we'll have the new trailer by Saturday Dec 15.

I seriously can't wait. I haven't been this excited for a trailer in a very long time. We're so close, but these last few days until its release feel a lot longer.
I know what you mean. With the long droughts that we've had, to the false sense of hope with the exclusive award meter, to even the mixed reception of the exclusive award itself; the days that we have to wait till we get to see the trailer in any form, especially when it's been rumored to be perhaps the best comic book movie trailer of all time, along with Snyder labeling it as "crazy"....dear lord, it could drive one bonkers.lol

And it doesn't help that some of us have to go through finals before we can see the trailer.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #643
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
The longer version. The one that will be released online the following Monday (Dec 17).

I really hope WB doesn't wait until Dec 17 to release the trailer online. They released the teaser the next day, so hopefully we'll have the new trailer by Saturday Dec 15.

I seriously can't wait. I haven't been this excited for a trailer in a very long time. We're so close, but these last few days until its release feel a lot longer.
Ok, so I got it right. But yeah, 2 full larger-than-life trailers within the same week is overwhelming. And a teaser for Pacific Rim as well.

Though The Hobbit is gonna get crammed and I hope MOS will close the ball after Star Trek.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Last edited by Rust; 12-06-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #644
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday
 
Rust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denmark and out there...
Posts: 4,635
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah. The realism of the effects is WETAs department. But in terms of Snyder's part, I think the key is to frame all the carnage with the true human element. Show the actual stakes. Not focus on some MichaelBaygasm shot but on Lois and other innocents with genuine fear and concern. Show their struggle.
Yep, up close and intimate. But we'll probably get both. The CC-footage did show that large-scale destruction, although it did have a different more chaotic "handheld" vibe than say the Bay.

__________________
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
Rust is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #645
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,951
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Sigh. The realistic bet is we'll get the trailer on the 17th as well with no 'trailer teaser' beforehand. Wasn't that the case for TDKR this time last year?

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #646
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith
 
Dark_Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 5,473
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Sigh. The realistic bet is we'll get the trailer on the 17th as well with no 'trailer teaser' beforehand. Wasn't that the case for TDKR this time last year?
I think so. Although I think the 3rd/final TDKR trailer was released on a Friday and the Man of Steel teaser on a Saturday. So...there's hope. Either way, we're getting descriptions and cam versions on the 14th. I don't want my first viewing of the trailer to be a bootleg version, but there's no way I'll be able to resist until the 17th.

Dark_Lord is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #647
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,401
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Sigh. The realistic bet is we'll get the trailer on the 17th as well with no 'trailer teaser' beforehand. Wasn't that the case for TDKR this time last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
I think so. Although the 3rd/final TDKR trailer was released on a Friday and the Man of Steel teaser on a Saturday. So...there's hope. Either way, we're getting descriptions and cam versions on the 14th. I don't want my first viewing of the trailer to be a bootleg version, but there's no way I'll be able to resist until the 17th.
Not to mention that they had the prologue released right before releasing first theatrical trailer.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #648
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,755
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

I was just thinking. I would absolutely LOVE to get a shirt made that says "I only came to see the Man of Steel trailer" on the front and "Hobbits are short" (or something like that) on the back, when I go to see The Hobbit. Sorry for the random thought, but it was just something that popped in my head.

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #649
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,562
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I was just thinking. I would absolutely LOVE to get a shirt made that says "I only came to see the Man of Steel trailer" on the front and "Hobbits are short" (or something like that) on the back, when I go to see The Hobbit. Sorry for the random thought, but it was just something that popped in my head.
On the front: "I only cam to see the Man of Steel trailer"

On the back: "Not those nasty Hobbitses!"

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #650
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,346
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

I want one!

I'm starting a run of 9 days in a row working. The MOS trailer is my reward at the end of it

hopefuldreamer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.