Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #776
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That was the complaint with the Comic-Con poster as well, as it doesn't show up very much in low lighting.
It doesnt, but in daylight the metallic texture really lights up like the sun. The teaser shows this.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #777
Glassjaw
In training

Yeah the lighting in that shot has been tweaked considerably, unless his hair absorbs all light like that leaving just a black void Would put money on the yellow/gold being more visible in the finished product.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #778
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Just so that we can see it on the fresh and new page. =P

Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #779
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
That was the complaint with the Comic-Con poster as well, as it doesn't show up very much in low lighting.
I know, but it just seemed that they did it on purpose for the comic-con poster. We've seen pics of the costume at the licensing expo (or whatever that was) and on set and there's definitely yellow, but it just seemed weird to me that you can't see it in this pic.

Either way...Like I said...Awesome photo. Hopefully we'll see more in the coming days/weeks.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #780
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

The suit really has a nice depth to it with the texture and the shading. It's vibrant and looks used as well instead of just featureless spandex. It's got grit. I can definitely see this as some sort of alien neo-medieval battle-suit. I'm liking this sci-fi/fantasy-angle more and more. I just hope people arent gonna see something too inspired by THOR.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #781
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Holy new image outta nowhere Batman!

It looks... Shiny! I think we really see what color they're going with the suit now. I think the muted blue we saw in the set pics is meant to be this. Similar to The Amazing Spider-Man, how the suit looked different from the set pics in the film.

It's kinda a shame for me, cause I actually didn't mind the more muted color, and perhaps that will be what it looks like under direct sunlight (mind you the set pics in the desert made it look the dark blue as well).

Cavill looks great though!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #782
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post

Great "smile".
I'd call that a smirk more than a smile. I imagine it as a golden age ´´Im about to smash you into the wall for beating up a woman`` Superman smirk....hey I have a soft spot for the golden age Supes!

Anyway, great find herolee10 !! Was not in a good mood at all after a really s***y day but this photo made me happy like a kid. I mean, It's SUPERMAN!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #783
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

And I wouldn't really put much stock into the coloring of any promotional material. It all depends on the photographer/photoshop guy. The suit is just very adaptable to different lightning situations and I bet they'll take good use of that, to have some variety in the photos. You know, for the non-fans who may find Supermans costume dull or something. You can see the yellow in the shield just fine in the teaser/cc footage.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #784
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimius View Post
Have you seen this? It's from a french magazine, the first cover!! http://www.journaux.fr/studio-magazi...re_138746.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Thanks for finding/posting guys. Good surprise.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #785
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, this is how they shoulda released the poster. Outta nowhere. That way no one would've had high expectations.

Regarding the yellow, I'm glad it's subdued. Too much yellow would've made it look cheap, I think. But they could've made it more gold'ish, I suppose.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #786
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Cool. Can't wait to see the suit in the MOS trailer attached to Le Hobbit.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #787
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, this is how they shoulda released the poster. Outta nowhere. That way no one would've had high expectations.

Regarding the yellow, I'm glad it's subdued. Too much yellow would've made it look cheap, I think. But they could've made it more gold'ish, I suppose.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about the yellow. I'd say the colors have been played with a bit. I just wonder if that's the blue they'll predominantly go with in the film.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #788
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
And I wouldn't really put much stock into the coloring of any promotional material. It all depends on the photographer/photoshop guy. The suit is just very adaptable to different lightning situations and I bet they'll take good use of that, to have some variety in the photos.
Pretty cool and clever actually. The metallic texture will make the surroundings "reflect" much more onto Supes. In dark and moody shots the suit wont stick out too much avoiding the comicbooky look, but in bright sunlight the suit will light up like a rainbow.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #789
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty cool and clever actually. The metallic texture will make the surroundings "reflect" much more onto Supes. In dark and moody shots the suit wont stick out too much avoiding the comicbooky look, but in bright sunlight the suit will light up like a rainbow.
Ha I'm not too sure about that. The cuffs (and I imagine the pattern on his torso and legs) stand out alot more here so that might be some of the same color correction they'll do in post to break up the suit. And that texture is way more prominent when it's all shiny and metallic as seen here whereas in the set pics it became less noticeable. I think I'm gonna have to warm a bit too the shiny blue.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #790
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Somewhat of a 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER'visual:

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #791
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

So now the question is, are there any new stills in the article? And do we have any French members here who would be able to answer this?

Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #792
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Ha I'm not too sure about that. The cuffs (and I imagine the pattern on his torso and legs) stand out alot more here so that might be some of the same color correction they'll do in post to break up the suit. And that texture is way more prominent when it's all shiny and metallic as seen here whereas in the set pics it became less noticeable. I think I'm gonna have to warm a bit too the shiny blue.
Well, hehe, I meant that the suit will definitely have many different looks possibly also reflecting the inviroment subtly. And in direct sunlight it'll light up considerably.
But this will probably still be the most desaturated, cold and "dirty" suit we've had so far for live-action.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #793
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Indeed. These things tend to leave a way better impression if they come as a surprise - unexpected. I imagine the Superman in handcuffs photo would get a better reception around here if it just popped up outa nowhere. I also expect a new (real) poster to debut with the trailer.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #794
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Does anyone here think that it'd be a interesting thing to see if we got to see the people of Metropolis and the world to realize that with Superman fighting against Zod, and thus for Earth, that he's basically, in a sense, choosing humans over his own flesh and blood, especially when from their recollection, he owes them nothing. I think it'd be a great thing to see if done right.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #795
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone here think that it'd be a interesting thing to see if we got to see the people of Metropolis and the world to realize that with Superman fighting against Zod, and thus for Earth, that he's basically, in a sense, choosing humans over his own flesh and blood, especially when from their recollection, he owes them nothing. I think it'd be a great thing to see if done right.
Yeah especially in his own native clothing (Superman suit) will send the message that he is 'one of them' but fighting for us. I actually have really coming around to liking the idea that before Zod shows up the scenes where Clark is helping people he is in normal clothing (tornado, oil rig) and then after Zod shows up is when he appears in Kryptonian garb for the reasons above. It actually occurs to me that that is the most selfless way for Superman to impose himself on humanity. Whether that's the way they go about it, we don't know of course. But I actually really like that idea.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #796
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Indeed. I fully expect to see this, and has got to be a key reason why Zod was chosen. Superman sides with ideology, race or nationality doesn't matter. Right is right. If Zod is an extremist, Kryptonian or not, he's got to go down.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #797
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, hehe, I meant that the suit will definitely have many different looks possibly also reflecting the inviroment subtly. And in direct sunlight it'll light up considerably.
But this will probably still be the most desaturated, cold and "dirty" suit we've had so far for live-action.
Yeah I really came to like the more muted, desaturated look in the set photos. I think it gave it a more real world look and not gaudy and standout-ish. Perhaps with different lighting will illuminate the suit in different ways. The shinyness I'm gonna have to warm to a bit (probably by the time the trailer comes out ha).

I think that's the thing really. We spend so much time discussing and theorizing in these boards and envisioning the film in our own minds. Thinking up our perfect film that when we see they went a different direction it takes us back a bit.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #798
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I have a feeling MOS will be featured on the cover of the next issue of Entertainment Weekly, which will be out next Friday (The Hobbit is on today's).

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #799
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Somewhat of a 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER'visual:

I'm sure it's been pointed out before, but I just realized how 90's Superboy that first picture is.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #800
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Damn, you're right.

Closed Thread