Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #851
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I like the new photo we got, i'm in love with the texture of the suit. I can tell the colors will really shine when it's in the sun.
I'm with you bro. It is going to look glorious.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #852
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
Hes a father, what else is he suppose to say to his child. "Kal-el, you'll be an outcast, your life is going to suck because your an alien. You'll be a freak." Im pretty sure every parent dreams their child will grow up to be something great. If hes aware of the Sun's powers on Kal-el he obviously knows hes going to have an impact on Earth and hes hoping for the best. I doubt it has anything to do with destiny.

Im sure the "What if a child aspired to be something..." quote is not directed towards his son but to a council or some sort regarding the war on their planet.
Yeah. I just don't like the idea that he sends Kal-El to become a god on Earth and completely change our history like we mean nothing. It just doesn't read right to me. He's a scientist and observer above all else.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #853
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah. I just don't like the idea that he sends Kal-El to become a god on Earth and completely change our history like we mean nothing. It just doesn't read right to me. He's a scientist and observer above all else.
exactly.I hate the idea that he sends his son to basically become their leader and teach the ways they shld go

Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #854
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I always looked at Jor-el as someone who gives him info about his background and where he comes from. I don't look at him as someone forcing a destiny onto Clark.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #855
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

I just had to do this. Sorry about the shoddiness.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #856
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
And I wouldn't really put much stock into the coloring of any promotional material. It all depends on the photographer/photoshop guy. The suit is just very adaptable to different lightning situations and I bet they'll take good use of that, to have some variety in the photos. You know, for the non-fans who may find Supermans costume dull or something. You can see the yellow in the shield just fine in the teaser/cc footage.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Having seen the costume first-hand, I can vouch for its adaptability. And anyway, EVERYTHING/ONE looks different on magazine covers.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #857
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN;24805643[B
]I always looked at Jor-el as someone who gives him info about his background and where he comes from.[/B] I don't look at him as someone forcing a destiny onto Clark.
Same here .

Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #858
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post

I just had to do this. Sorry about the shoddiness.
I want a Batman/Superman film so bad

Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #859
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

The yellow looks as ugly as the blue looks amazing.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #860
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
exactly.I hate the idea that he sends his son to basically become their leader and teach the ways they shld go
It's tough because the easy way to get around it is that Kryptonians aren't aware of the powers they get from a yellow sun. But I think Jor-El must if he sends a scout ship and everything. I think it should be just kept simple. The only reason he sends Kal-El to Earth is for Kal-El to live. End of story. He just thinks the yellow sun will give him strength so surviving will be easier. He doesn't care what life Kal-El will make for himself. Just that he gets to live and experience life. There's a 90s Superboy comic I have to look up where he brings up a hologram of what life Kal-El might have on Earth and he's laboring on a farm. Lara is repulsed by it. But she caves cause at least he will be living.

It's a debate that we keep revisiting in the open discussion and it's pretty much reached being a circular argument now. The truth is we don't know what they're gonna do with it, and we have no effect on it. So we'll just have to deal with whatever direction they go with. I think the choice element will still be there. Jonathan Kent: "You have to decide what kind of man you want to be". It could just be that (free will) v Jor-Els 'destiny'.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #861
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I think that particular picture of Superman looks awful, to be honest.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #862
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

And now the Alberta film ratings have posted a MOS entry as well:

Man Of Steel (trailer #2) 12/07/2012 2:21 Warner Bros. Entertainment

Man, I sure hope that this trailer leaves the biggest impression. Im a bit worried about Pacific Rim though. That trailer is 2:24. And it will have giant monsters vs. robots. Visuals by ILM. Damn... And then there's Star Trek... *gulp* GO SUPERMAN! ....

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #863
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:

Man, I sure hope that this trailer leaves the biggest impression. Im a bit worried about Pacific Rim though. That trailer is 2:24. And it will have giant monsters vs. robots. Visuals by ILM. Damn... And then there's Star Trek... *gulp* GO SUPERMAN! ....
No reason people can't be excited about both movies.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #864
Vagosnati
Vag-El

This is the best superhero costume ever build for a movie.And Henry is a great Supes.
the new \s/ is fantastic.i cant wait for the movie.i hope when hobbit will play in Greece we will see the trailer also.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #865
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's tough because the easy way to get around it is that Kryptonians aren't aware of the powers they get from a yellow sun. But I think Jor-El must if he sends a scout ship and everything. I think it should be just kept simple. The only reason he sends Kal-El to Earth is for Kal-El to live. End of story. He just thinks the yellow sun will give him strength so surviving will be easier. He doesn't care what life Kal-El will make for himself. Just that he gets to live and experience life. There's a 90s Superboy comic I have to look up where he brings up a hologram of what life Kal-El might have on Earth and he's laboring on a farm. Lara is repulsed by it. But she caves cause at least he will be living.
Exactly
Quote:
It's a debate that we keep revisiting in the open discussion and it's pretty much reached being a circular argument now. The truth is we don't know what they're gonna do with it, and we have no effect on it. So we'll just have to deal with whatever direction they go with. I think the choice element will still be there. Jonathan Kent: "You have to decide what kind of man you want to be". It could just be that (free will) v Jor-Els 'destiny'.
Honestly I think the best handling of the whole parenting issue was in Earth one.Its pretty clear that the kents are the driving factor to Clark becoming superman.
But your right weve gone around this a lot.Well just wait and see

Quote:

Not worried about Star trek anymore.VERY Worried about Pacific rim.
I hope the trailer retains all the emotional beats of the comicon-maybe amp it up whilst having action it.And i hope the action is not wham-bam-I-am-micheal-bay

Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #866
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
No reason people can't be excited about both movies.
True, but people like to pick their ´´winners``. It's about what leaves the biggest impression. I don't want to read how MOS looks good ´´but did you those PR and ST trailers! WOW!``. You get what Im saying?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #867
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Bearded wanderer Clark enters the scout ship. Questions 'ghost' Jor-El who reveals to him his 'destiny' (NO!) and has the suit there for him. He shaves. Iconic shot of him leaving the scout ship/fortress suited up. And he takes flight. That's what we can tell from the CC footage.
Boy, I hope not. It would be kinda boring and repetitive of S:TM. Also a little too obvious when looking at the trailer. I personally think there's a good chunk of time between those 2 sequences. I doubt he'll walk in there, put on the suit then and there for the first time, and walk out as Superman. Sounds a little typical to me, and a little out of character for this particular Superman. But who knows for a fact?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #868
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I like the new photo we got, i'm in love with the texture of the suit. I can tell the colors will really shine when it's in the sun.
i'm glad they took that approach and used a reflective material.... that will truly help the color scheme

Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #869
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:

Im sure the "What if a child aspired to be something..." quote is not directed towards his son but to a council or some sort regarding the war on their planet.

That's what I said too, although I think it's a commentary on Kryptonian society.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #870
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Quote:
True, but people like to pick their ´´winners``. It's about what leaves the biggest impression. I don't want to read how MOS looks good ´´but did you those PR and ST trailers! WOW!``. You get what Im saying?
I hear ya! Hopefully it lives up to all of our expectations. It seems like all we hear about this movie has been positive. Nolan says nothing but great things, the producers, the fx lead, the composer.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #871
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

The new pic is a breath of fresh air. I love the colors that are used, because it makes the suit look less "cartoonish". Wow...just, wow.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #872
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Exactly

Honestly I think the best handling of the whole parenting issue was in Earth one.Its pretty clear that the kents are the driving factor to Clark becoming superman.
But your right weve gone around this a lot.Well just wait and see

Not worried about Star trek anymore.VERY Worried about Pacific rim.
I hope the trailer retains all the emotional beats of the comicon-maybe amp it up whilst having action it.And i hope the action is not wham-bam-I-am-micheal-bay
I think since WB is responsible for both the trailer for Pacific Rim and MOS they'll be able to coordinate them in tandem. I think Pacific Rim trailer will be fun bombastic b-movie fest. Then MOS trailer can start with the somber music giving it more gravitas and 'importance' then in the last 20-30 seconds just go crazy.

And yeah, we'll just wait and see. (with our fingers crossed regarding this 'destiny' thing)

Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #873
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
I think since WB is responsible for both the trailer for Pacific Rim and MOS they'll be able to coordinate them in tandem. I think Pacific Rim trailer will be fun bombastic b-movie fest. Then MOS trailer can start with the somber music giving it more gravitas and 'importance' then in the last 20-30 seconds just go crazy.
Sounds about right.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #874
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:

And yeah, we'll just wait and see. (with our fingers crossed regarding this 'destiny' thing)
Heres to hoping

Last edited by Zionite1; 12-07-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #875
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Boy, I hope not. It would be kinda boring and repetitive of S:TM. Also a little too obvious when looking at the trailer. I personally think there's a good chunk of time between those 2 sequences. I doubt he'll walk in there, put on the suit then and there for the first time, and walk out as Superman. Sounds a little typical to me, and a little out of character for this particular Superman. But who knows for a fact?
I'm actually glad and relieved you say that. It's good to know the footage can be interpreted different ways. Yeah alot of time could take place from when he first enters and leaves as Superman (it's just where would he go between those events?) I hope we're all pleasantly surprised when watching this film.

Closed Thread