The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #76
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,288
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I'm very intrigued by the Ying/Yang, Dark/Light, Idealistic/Realpolitik dichotomy that Hickman is going with in Avengers and New Avengers. He claims that if you read them both you'll understand the "whole story". The Avengers is the clean public face and New Avengers is the behind the scenes dirty works. I'm keen to give it a try.
How the (bleep) is Wolverine on the "clean public face" team? lol

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #77
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 154,334
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Because he's popular, of course. But I have always wondered about that in the comic universe. How public are Wolverine's murderous ways? Has he been caught shredding people on camera or anything? The Avengers (and the X-Men, for that matter) could just be downplaying that stuff as rumors if there's no direct evidence. It wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be like having OJ on the team instead of Jack the Ripper.

__________________
"This I grant to you: You may tell your grandchildren that you stood for a time against the mighty Thor."
- Marvel Heroes
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #78
Panthro
Catman Begins
 
Panthro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cat's Lair, Third Earth
Posts: 18,031
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Because he's popular, of course. But I have always wondered about that in the comic universe. How public are Wolverine's murderous ways? Has he been caught shredding people on camera or anything? The Avengers (and the X-Men, for that matter) could just be downplaying that stuff as rumors if there's no direct evidence. It wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be like having OJ on the team instead of Jack the Ripper.
In the bold - that's a good question. Sadly, coming up with a good answer would probably take too long for Bendis and co.

__________________
SUPERMAN: You know something Bruce? You're not always right.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #79
EML420
It's only part time.
 
EML420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 849
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

I think Daken tryed to pin a murder on Wolverine through some leaked video in a story I cant remember the details though.

__________________
Tyler Perry is the mask Madea is real person.

soderbergh cast an mma fighter and a porn star as his leads

and we question what he sees in tatum lol
Posted by Project862006
EML420 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #80
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,253
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Because he's popular, of course. But I have always wondered about that in the comic universe. How public are Wolverine's murderous ways? Has he been caught shredding people on camera or anything? The Avengers (and the X-Men, for that matter) could just be downplaying that stuff as rumors if there's no direct evidence. It wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be like having OJ on the team instead of Jack the Ripper.



That was in public, right outside the United Nations building, with tons of regular people around. Wolverine hasnt always been discreet. I dont even recall a big issue being made out of this

Havok83 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #81
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 154,334
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Wow, worst stealth team ever.

__________________
"This I grant to you: You may tell your grandchildren that you stood for a time against the mighty Thor."
- Marvel Heroes
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #82
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,523
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Well, the dudes they were killing didn't see that s**t comin'.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #83
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

I don't want a movie Avengers though

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #84
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

In Wolvie's defense, they were injecting mutants with the Legacy Virus so that their powers went haywire in public. He didn't have time to be stealthy or Hellion would have been a goner.

That, and Craig & Kyle were a bit over the top in that series... though their plots were fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird
I don't want a movie Avengers though
You and me both. I miss the street level team. The fortunate thing though is that Luke, Jessica, and Squirrel Girl walked off into the sunset talking about starting Heroes for Hire again. Iron Fist and Daredevil haven't been heard from. And there was some interview where someone stated that there'd be news regarding Iron Fist after Bendis wraps up his New Avengers run. I'm hoping for a new Heroes for Hire book with all those listed above.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #85
El Bastardo
Literary elitist
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,045
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
That, and Craig & Kyle were a bit over the top in that series... though their plots were fantastic.
Somebody get me popcorn and alert Manic he should come view this thread.

__________________
"Like anything, writing is a puzzle. Your first five drafts are ****, and then you start whittling it down into something good." - Rick Remender
El Bastardo is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #86
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

I'll have you know, Bastardo, that I just waisted about 2 minutes of valuable 'sneaking the computer while at work' time reading your avatar.

I like it

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #87
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,288
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I'll have you know, Bastardo, that I just waisted about 2 minutes of valuable 'sneaking the computer while at work' time reading your avatar.

I like it
There should've been something in there about "should of"

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #88
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,416
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Avengers #1 was awesome, and uncanny Avengers is getting good.

__________________
Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #89
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face
 
Lunar_Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 40,428
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

I'm liking most books so far, but there's no continuity...kinda frustrating.

Lunar_Wolf is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #90
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
I'm liking most books so far, but there's no continuity...kinda frustrating.
Well that's what draws me to Avengers/New Avengers. There is supposed to be with them.

__________________
Frankenstein's Monster Dracula The Wolfman
Gillman The Mummy Van Helsing
Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe (UMCU)
Coming soon...
Aztec is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #91
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,627
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

So I guess I am just about the only one that didn't dig Avenger's #1. I mean, I didn't think it was bad, but I only bought it because my store was doing buy one, get one on that and Thunderbolts (which I thought was a decent set-up, may check out the next issue just to see where it goes). Something about Avengers just didn't do it for me, though. Can't really put my finger on it.

The only NOW book I thought was BAD was X-Men Legacy, but I have only read a few.

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #92
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

I didn't DISLIKE Avengers but it wasn't anything amazing. I mentioned over in the Bought/Thought thread that I think the big WOW factor people are having on the book is moreso due to the fact that Bendis didn't write it. I mean, it has potential to become awesome, but based on what I read I wasn't too horribly impressed.

Hopefully it gets better but I see myself dropping it after the first arc. Maybe I'm wrong though.

And yeah, Legacy was pretty bad. I'm giving it another 2 or 3 issues for Chamber, also because I think it has potential to improve, but that first issue was horrendous. Second one was only bad. I could see it improving dramatically after the second issue though.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #93
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,627
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Hmm.. if issue 2 was "only bad," and it keeps improving at that rate, by issue 7, it will be the greatest X-Men story of all time!!!

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #94
El Bastardo
Literary elitist
 
El Bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,045
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I'll have you know, Bastardo, that I just waisted about 2 minutes of valuable 'sneaking the computer while at work' time reading your avatar.

I like it
So do I.

But all this time and you only now invest time into reading it?

For shame, sir. For shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
There should've been something in there about "should of"
Oh balls yes. That... that... that.

__________________
"Like anything, writing is a puzzle. Your first five drafts are ****, and then you start whittling it down into something good." - Rick Remender
El Bastardo is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #95
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,425
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I didn't DISLIKE Avengers but it wasn't anything amazing. I mentioned over in the Bought/Thought thread that I think the big WOW factor people are having on the book is moreso due to the fact that Bendis didn't write it. I mean, it has potential to become awesome, but based on what I read I wasn't too horribly impressed.
I disagree. I think that people are liking it more because it feels fresh (while Bendis was getting a bit stale in the end) and that the Avengers are actually dealing with Avengers level threats as opposed to the small fish that Bendis had them deal with.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #96
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,190
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

You might be right but that's just not the impression I get after having read reviews.

And I like the small fish. I have this mentality that the big threats should be dealt with by the cosmic characters and that big Earth threats should be dealt with by Avengers... which Bendis had happen.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #97
Slick
Monster King
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 789
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

New Interview from Hickman on New Avengers and Avergers. I think if your iffy about both books you should check it out.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42504
Plus new artwork.

__________________
the "samurai who smells of sunflowers"

Last edited by Slick; 12-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Slick is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #98
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,140
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
New Interview from Hickman on New Avengers and Avergers. I think if your iffy about both books you should check it out.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42504
Plus new artwork.
That was a good read. This could be very interesting. I hope it doesn't let me down the way BMB did in Avengers Assemble.

__________________
Frankenstein's Monster Dracula The Wolfman
Gillman The Mummy Van Helsing
Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe (UMCU)
Coming soon...
Aztec is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #99
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I didn't DISLIKE Avengers but it wasn't anything amazing. I mentioned over in the Bought/Thought thread that I think the big WOW factor people are having on the book is moreso due to the fact that Bendis didn't write it
That makes absolutely no sense.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #100
KingMob
Nothing to see here
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 443
Default Re: Marvel Now - Part 3

"Wow, Bendis isn't writing this, and its actually good."

__________________
"I guess everything makes sense when you're drunk and wasted on weed."
KingMob is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.