The Court Of Owls 19 7.92%
Dollmaker 0 0%
Catwoman 1 0.42%
Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #276
R_T_Homunculous

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

I cannot fathom Riddler and Freeze getting so many votes. Riddler just feels like a "dark/tragic second act" baddie to me.

R_T_Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #277
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Penguin and Killer Croc.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #278
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think a bad guy vs bad guy plot is absolutely brilliant.

A dark brilliant Holmes-ian Riddler would be a great villain. Putting him up against someone extremely physical, like Killer Croc could be really interesting. I also would love to see Penguin with some colorful mercs in a second installment.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #279
zman
Side-Kick

just saw Django, I think Dicaprio would make a cool Riddler.

zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #280
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

While I was not fond of the Jigsaw overtones, I really enjoyed Arkham City's treatment of the Riddler. He was arrogant, a master of surveillance, and brilliant; if he is used in a future film, I hope they have at least one sequence where Batman (and Robin, if need be) are in a maze Riddler designed.

Plus, the creative team could get a lot of mileage off the viral terrorist angle --- I am thinking of using Silva's early campaign against M in Skyfall as a foundation and building from it (excluding the courtroom siege.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #281
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel

Hugo Strange would be an awesome baddie to challenge Batman. I think it would be a nice foreshadowing of the psychos Batman's presence creates.

IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #282
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

A psychological thriller featuring Hugo Strange or a mystery thriller featuring the Riddler and Jason Todd/Red Hood.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #283
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I want one human baddie and one monstrous baddie. And I don't mean Bane monstrous I mean Killer Croc/Clayface monstrous.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #284
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

I'd love to see that too. Killer Croc could easily be worked in. The Lazarus Pit tied in with the Red Hood could add to the supernatural tone of the new series. Plus, I've always wanted to see Clayface impersonating Jason just to see Batman's initial reaction.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #285
Mr. Mann

Killer Croc or Solomon Grundy and Scarecrow would be awesome.

Mr. Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #286
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would prefer that Jason never made it into the Batman universe; his douchebaggery was amplified by his transition into Red Hood. However, the sequence from Hush is great: another character could be easily substituted and achieve the same effect.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #287
Doc Ock
1951-2014

*runs in with megaphone*

FREEZE!

*runs away but trips*

Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #288
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Freeze would work.

Quote:

Last edited by jonathancrane; 06-07-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #289
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

BATMAN REBOOT 1
Villains: Black Mask, Clayface

The film opens with Batman infiltrating a warehouse where Black Mask and his mob goons are supposedly trafficking drugs. Batman takes down a few goons impressively and then takes down the Black Mask, aka Roman Sionis. But now the trap is sprung: Batman is surrounded by a large force of mob hitmen and the real Roman Sionis enters. Batman took down his lookalike - a double.

The fight is fierce and despite his training and equipment Batman barely escapes the trap alive. He manages to escape, however, with the decoy Sionis. He interrogates the decoy, who is revealed to be Matt Hagen, a down-and-out stage actor. Hagen says Sionis has been giving him a special experimental reconstructive makeup formula to hide scars from his recent car crash. The formula was stolen from Dagget Industries. In exchange, Hagen uses the formula to play as Sionis' decoy. In exchange for the location of Black Mask's base of operations, Batman lets Hagen go, making him swear not to work with Sionis any more.

Batman then pays a visit to a young Commissioner James Gordon, who seems apprehensive about the Batman - their relationship is one of an uneasy trust. Batman tells Gordon about the location of Black Mask's base of operations. Gordon says with this information he can make a strike on the location by tomorrow night.

Morning comes. Bruce employs his own "decoy," his playboy persona, in an interview with Vicki Vale. They come to the topic of his parent's death. For a moment Bruce's "mask" is shattered - we see his emotion shine through - but then he nervously brushes it off with a poor attempt at a cavalier statement. Vale sees this as insensitive to his parent's memory and is aghast. She terminates the interview / date, leaving with a sour impression of Wayne.

That night, Gordon and a SWAT team descend on Black Mask's hideout. It is mostly a successful operation, but Black Mask and some goons escape out a back exit on motorcycles. Gordon rallies his men, but Batman is already in pursuit on a motorcycle. He takes down all of Black Mask's goons, but due to police interference Black Mask is able to escape Batman, who must avoid being captured himself (he is still relatively new in Gotham and the police want to take him down).

Sionis finds a few more goons and then finds Hagen, dragging him to a Dagget Industries plant and berating him for betraying him. He reveals that he never actually "stole" the formula from Dagget - that was a lie. Instead he and Dagget are business partners of sorts. He tells his goons to forcibly overdose Hagen with the "CLAYFORM" formula. As they do so, Hagen struggles and a bottle of hot CLAYFORM is thrown into Sionis' face, melting his Black Mask to his flesh. His Mask can now "move" with his expressions, but causes him tremendous pain. Hagen is left in a pile of CLAYFORM, seemingly dead.

As the movie proceeds, Bruce increasingly loses the heart of his Wayne legacy in public in an attempt to keep his identity as Batman a secret, and Alfred lectures him on the cost of his "masks." Bruce gets to know Vicki and, in a moment of rare vulnerability, admits his pain over his parents death and the fact that he feels lost. He comes close to telling her that he is Batman. Bruce begins to have hope that he can move on with Vicki and escape his pain.

Then Clayface attacks Sionis and his goons in a newly built, empty skyscraper office building that they are using as a temporary base. Clayface takes Sionis to the roof where he intends to cast him down to the street, but Batman saves Sionis just in the nick of time and battles Clayface down the building and into the streets below. Batman throws all his tech at Clayface, who seems undaunted by it. At last Batman remote pilots the Batcycle into Clayface and remote detonates it, blowing him apart. The bits of Clayface coalesce and escape into a sewer to reform. Batman captures a piece for study. Sionis is placed in police custody.

Batman analyzes the clayblob in his cave and finds that it is reduced to dust when given a strong electric shock. He creates some batarangs that give off and electric discharge, then arms himself and awaits Clayface's next appearance.

Clayface attacks Gordon's Major Crimes Unit, where Black Mask is being held. The guards stationed there don't stand a chance. Batman arrives and throws his new batarangs, but the discharge isn't strong enough to do more than stun Clayface. Clayface gives Batman a beating from which he barely escapes - in the chaos Black Mask is killed by Clayface.

Bruce attends an evening gala at which Roland Dagget is speaking. Vicki is his date. At the gala, Dagget takes the stage, but gives an oddly self-depreciating speech, which seems funny at first but then turns into a tirade against Dagget Industries and its corrupt. Bruce, realizing something isn't right, disappears from the crowd. Someone asks Dagget whats wrong with him. Dagget says "What's wrong? You all thought Roland Dagget was a nice businessman, one of Gotham's beloved elite - a generous humanitarian and leader. But he's really A MONSTER!" At this Dagget transforms into Clayface.

Batman arrives and the battle is carried outside. The gala is in a nice museum overlooking the Gotham bay. Clayface seems victorious, but Batman stuns him with one last electric batarang and knocks him back into the bay, where he seemingly melts away in the water.

Bruce reunites with Vicki, but now the vulnerability is gone. Vicki hints that she has now guessed at his identity, but Bruce reveals nothing... he only says that they cannot be together. The mask is back on.

Bruce explains to Alfred that Gotham itself wears a mask. It is a city of good people who hide behind masks of fear and apathy so that the evil in the city will not harm them. Batman cannot take his mask off until the day when Gotham itself can - when it can reveal itself as the city it truly is, deep down. Until then, while monsters roam the streets, the Batman will be waiting for them.

In a post-credits scene, we see a muddy shore by Gotham bay. The mud bubbles, and then appears to move...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.

Last edited by ThePhantasm; 06-07-2013 at 11:23 PM.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #290
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

That's pretty solid, I like it!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #291
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Thanks!

BATMAN REBOOT SEQUEL
Villains: Firefly, Mr. Freeze

The film opens with a large multi-block fire in Old Town Gotham. Firefighters are struggling on the scene to keep the fire from spreading - people are trapped in buildings. The police are present, as Gordon suspects this is (another) act in a string of arsons in Gotham. He suspects the arsonist is still on the scene. Two parents tearfully confront Gordon, saying their young son is still in one of the burning apartment buildings.

Inside the building, the young boy hides beneath a table, terrified of the fire closing in around him. Suddenly through the smoke, like a nightmare, steps Firefly. He is in a suit that is a grey and orange mixture of padding and metal. On his back is a small high-tech jetpack. Strapped to his arm is a formidable short-range flamethrower. He tells the boy that the fire is beautiful, and that he enjoys watching things burn.

The boy screams. At that moment, through the weakened ceiling, Batman crashes down onto Firefly. As we all know, you don't threaten children if you want Batman to go easy on you - the fight is brutal and short, and Batman kicks Firefly down a burning staircase. He grabs the young boy and escapes the building. The boy runs to his parents, who are stunned and overjoyed at his seemingly miraculous escape - Gordon suspects that it wasn't just a miracle, as he watches a Batman-like shadow swing back into the building.

Batman is out for blood. When we left him in the last film he had reconciled himself to the notion of being a monster if that was what it took to protect Gotham - he has been steadily sinking into the anger of his persona since. This is still a young Batman - skilled but also impulsive, angry, and brutal. He searches the burning building for Firefly. This time Firefly ambushes him. Their fight continues. The apartment is weakened - the entire building begins collapsing. Firefly is seemingly buried in the burning rubble. Batman barely escapes.

He returns to the Batcave, which is now further outfitted with more computers and gadgets. We see on one screen that he has been keeping tabs on the Superman in Metropolis (there are two Batman films and two MOS films before the team-up in this concept). Indeed, it seems he is keeping tabs on almost everyone. Alfred is concerned. Bruce leaves the computer and grabs some tools to work on his latest crimefighting aid - the Batmobile (not the be revealed until later).

Bruce donates a large sum of money to rebuilding the Old Town blocks. He romances the beautiful socialite Silver St. Cloud, but to Bruce the relationship is simply a farce - another means of concealing his identity.

Meanwhile, Dr. Victor Fries is working on a new "freeze gun" that will help firefighters better control and put out fires. In return he gets funding for his cryogenics project, which he is using to keep his wife, Nora Fries, alive until he can find a cure for her terminal disease. Fries is threatened by a businessman who wants the freeze gun weaponized and produced by the military - Fries refuses to do such a thing, saying his gun is for saving lives, not destroying them. The businessman, Marcus Anderson, is secretly a government agent under the project known as CADMUS.

Batman does a lot of detective work, going down to Arkham to interrogate a pyromaniac there about other pyromaniacs he may have met in prison. He gets a lead on a name - Garfield Lynns - and does more detective work to uncover that Lynns was a scientist working on new explosive tech for the military. Lynns' wife died in a horrible fire in their home, which Batman deduces was the "trigger" for Lynns' pyromania.

Anderson and his men trash Fries' lab in the dead of night, and steal his files on the Freeze Gun. Fries, who is working late, arrives and catches them in the act. When one of the sabotage agents accidentally shuts off Nora's cryogenic tube for a moment, Fries flies into a rage - he is thrown against a cooling module in the ensuing struggle, and a sub-zero fog envelops him. Anderson and his men flee the scene.

In the morning, Fries' coworkers arrive. They find Fries is gone, and Nora is gone as well. All security cameras were shut down. They have no idea what happened.

Bruce awakens from a nightmare about his parent's death. He suits up as Batman and goes out on patrol. Alfred calls him and says that a nearby military base is under attack.

Mr. Freeze is battling through the base, causing massive destruction. His ice gun can stop tanks from firing, and he brings down a helicopter. All the while he roars that he wants Marcus Anderson. Where is he? Freeze seems unstoppable.

Then, through the perimeter wall crashes the new BATMOBILE. It shoots cables around Freeze, pinning him down. With the superhuman strength afforded him by his suit, Freeze escapes his bonds and charges the Batmobile. He is able to knock it aside. But the batmobile is being remote controlled - Batman swoops down and a fight ensues. Realizing he cannot even harm Freeze in that armor, Batman distracts him and then uses the Batmobile to run Freeze down, pinning him to the ground. Freeze's armor is cracked - he is able to throw the Batmobile off of himself but is forced to retreat to repair his suit.

Batman is exhausted, but gets no reprieve - Alfred informs him that a new set of fires has sprung up in the Narrows. Batman drives away in the Batmobile, setting out for the Narrows.

Before he arrives, he suits up in a new flame-resistant suit he's developed. The cowl on the suit covers his entire face, and the cowl has light-up eye-visors through which Batman can see through the smoke.

Batman arrives, but Lynns has set a trap for him. Bombs explode around Batman, who protects himself by hiding in a large restaurant walk-in refrigerator. He then escapes and confronts Lynns. They battle, with Lynns attempting to fly away and Batman trailing behind him, linked to him by his grapple gun. They land on a rooftop and Batman unmasks Lynns. He begins thinking of the dozens of people that have died in Firefly's Gotham fires. In anger he beats Lynns - he has the opportunity to kill him. But then he looks up, and across the water, on the horizon, he sees Wayne Tower. He remembers his parents. And he takes Lynns to the authorities. Firefly is locked up.

Bruce goes on another date with Silver and begins to realize that he is genuinely starting to care about her. Meanwhile, Mr. Freeze has discovered that Lynns used to work for CADMUS, and has discovered his links to Marcus Anderson. He frees Lynns and demands to know where Anderson is. Together, they make an assault on the secret CADMUS base in Gotham.

Batman arrives. He battles both Firefly and Freeze together, but it is a fight that he is losing. He tells Lynns that he knows why he creates these fires - it is the only way he can "see" his dead wife again. He asks Lynns if this is what she would want. Lynns reveals she was cheating on him - the fire wasn't an accident - it was revenge. He murdered his wife. Freeze overhears. He has always been unremittingly loyal to Nora - the thought of such treachery is abhorrent to him. He realizes that Lynns is an utter psychopath. He battles Firefly and wins - Lynns is frozen so that he cannot move and cannot escape.

Freeze has the opportunity to kill Anderson. Batman asks what Nora would want. Freeze stands down and leaves, giving himself over into police custody.

Batman tells Alfred that Fries let go of vengeance because he still had hope - the hope of healing his wife and awakening her from her sleep. Bruce has been able to clear his mind lately too and recover his sense of hope and purpose - that Batman is not just about the monster but about the healing of Gotham City. And perhaps there is still the hope that one day he can give up being Batman. He leaves to go on a date with Silver St. Cloud.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #292
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Would people be against deathstroke? That would be my dream even though there is an extremely small chance of happening since he's not a "batman" villain. I just don't see a TT movie ever being made and deathstroke is one of my favorite villains seeing him go toe to toe with batman would be sweet

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #293
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Deathstroke would honestly probably be better suited for when Teen Titans gets made at some point, though seeing him take on Batman in live action in some crossover scene would be cool.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #294
TyphoidDan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
Would people be against deathstroke? That would be my dream even though there is an extremely small chance of happening since he's not a "batman" villain. I just don't see a TT movie ever being made and deathstroke is one of my favorite villains seeing him go toe to toe with batman would be sweet
The issue I have with Deathstroke is that he's hired help, he's immoral.
A fascinating and formidable character, but essentially a goon-for-hire.

I'm of the opinion that the villains in the movies should be driven by some neurosis, some mania, and this is balanced out by how captivating the past antagonists have often been.
Penguin, with his narcissism and desire for status and recognition.
Two-Face with his Messiah complex. Hell, even Zsasz was done brilliantly - so irredeemably evil that Scarecrow's fear gas didn't do a thing to him.

I think the mobster and assassin element is a creative dead end compared to the elements of psychological horror that have made Batman's villains the best in any comic ever written.

TyphoidDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #295
Closerframe
Side-Kick

I said other because it all depends on where WB and DC intend on taking the franchise. If they decide to use more fantasy elements then I wouldn't mind the inclusion of Clayface or Killer Croc. However, if they do introduce Killer Croc, I hope he looks very different than what the Lizard looked like in The Amazing Spider-Man.

In regards to the Joker, I don't think his inclusion in the new franchise is necessary. Although he is Batman's greatest foe and the easiest money maker, I would like to see who else they could reinvent.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #296
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

The only way to use Killer Croc without being like the Lizard and without being stupid looking (like in Arkham City where he looked like an oversized goomba from the super mario bros movie) is to use Lee Bermejo's version. A human with skin condition, maybe some regenerative powers and some other reptile characteristics like snake fangs or reptile eyes. And completely reinvent him. Make him a brute just a sick violent brute who is in it for the kill, have him eat raw meat and imply cannibalism. That would awesome.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #297
the last son
Side-Kick

The more time that goes by, I'm think Hatter might make a good first villain.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #298
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

I think a possible likely way to see Batman vs Deathsroke would be part of the aforementioned Nightwing movie. Robin's interference could unintentionally cause Batman to fail to stop Deathstroke from assassinating someone, Bruce fires Dick, he becomes Nightwing and eventually takes on Slade himself after Deathstroke is hired to kill Bruce Wayne. Slade could even try to become a father figure to Dick prior to finding out about the hit. Kinda similar to the Born to Kill story from Batman and Robin featuring Bruce, Damien and Nobody.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #299
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

The more that I think about it, I think that Deathstroke has an immense amount of potential with the general audience. I think that it should be a priority to include him in the Batman reboot. Since someone would need to pay him, what about Black Mask? Using both villains keeps Batman grounded and launches Deathstroke into the mainstream.

The issue with this is that it's being promoted in a videogame right now. Would it be seen as I ripoff? I don't know, but I think that it's a great way to intro Batman and Deathstroke.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #300
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
BATMAN REBOOT 1
Villains: Black Mask, Clayface
this would be cool.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote