Dollmaker 0 0%
Catwoman 1 0.42%
Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #151
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Batman: Arkham Asylum with Hugo Strange and Killer Croc for #1. Batman: Court of Owls and a tease of the Joker for #2 and then hes the big bad for Batman: The Killing Joke for #3 . Heath Ledgers shadow will have receded enough by then (2020?).

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #152
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I would go with a villain that sets up the tone of the new franchise, the direction it will now go into. Whatever the tone, like for example if the new Bat-Films are more comic book like, go with a more comic book like foe, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Clay Face, Man Bat, Mr. Freeze. Someone they would have never done, or done correctly in the Nolan films. And maybe someone who hasn't been done yet. If the tone is darker and edgier maybe go with Black Mask or Gordon's creepy son.
Like the new costume, the new villain should show the tone and show the difference between the new movies and the old Nolan films.

I also LOVE the idea of Court of Owls. A group Batman didn't know about is secretly behind everything in Gotham and is a force of nature that Batman isn't ready for.
The Court of Owls could work for being a more comic book feel while also showing it wont be campy too. Sets up that Bruce is incredibly skilled hand to hand combatant and scientist and detective, and various other things. Show some unrealistic but still good fight scenes, show Batman could have a Bat-Family who is effected by the Owls too, Alfred, Nightwing maybe, Robin, and others perhaps.
My opinion is the new movies need to make Batman more like the animated Batman, dark and dangerous while still comic book like and fun. No camp and no ultra realism.

Last edited by Artistsean; 12-31-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #153
the last son
Side-Kick

Waltz is closer to the Riddler than Hugo Strange. I never saw him playing a Batman villain. I've been stuck on Law for Riddler for a while now, but Waltz is a lot more menacing than Law.

I vote Riddler btw if it's Bruce Wayne. If you go a different route for whatever reason go with Freeze.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #154
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm not sure Riddler would work the best in the Nolanverse, seeing as neither Bruce or Blake seem to be much of an intellectual challenge...

that being said, I think a great idea for a Riddler story would be one where you never actually get to see him. He just leads Bats on a goose chase the whole movie, setting up different situations, etc.

They could mix it with some of the obsession/insanity themes as well (perhaps Bats goes sleepless for a couple nights, and the movie gets wierder and wierder as it goes along). Perhaps the riddles messes with Bats to the point where he thinks he himself might be the Riddler (as nobody has seen the Riddler, etc).

By the end, Bats is sure that he's got the right guy, but he's not 100% sure.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-01-2013 at 04:20 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #155
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

FOATF (Highly original name btw lol)I think that the Riddler would have fitted perfectly in Nolan's world. While Bale's Batman never showed a particularly abnormal level of intellegence during his run,I think the Riddler would have brought out what many believed was most missing in that version,a definate detective aspect(though it was there). The Riddler could have inintentionally been just as much of a teacher as Ducard/Ra's.

BTW,I like the idea of the Riddler working mostly behind the scenes.

Romans 8:19

Last edited by Spider-Kurt!; 01-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #156
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

I think the Court of Owls,Tommy Elliot/Hush (in place of Lincoln March) and Dick Grayson's orgin could be combined for an interesting movie if they want to use the original Robin. I'd still rather have the next film feature an established Batman and an established Nightwing shortly after the death of Jason Todd with Mr.Freeze's loss of a loved one mirror Batman's.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #157
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'm not sure Riddler would work the best in the Nolanverse, seeing as neither Bruce or Blake seem to be much of an intellectual challenge...

that being said, I think a great idea for a Riddler story would be one where you never actually get to see him. He just leads Bats on a goose chase the whole movie, setting up different situations, etc.

They could mix it with some of the obsession/insanity themes as well (perhaps Bats goes sleepless for a couple nights, and the movie gets wierder and wierder as it goes along). Perhaps the riddles messes with Bats to the point where he thinks he himself might be the Riddler (as nobody has seen the Riddler, etc).

By the end, Bats is sure that he's got the right guy, but he's not 100% sure.
Um, yes.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #158
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I thought today that Warner Brothers would mandate the Riddler be the next villain. Allegedly, they wanted DiCaprio to play Nigma in Nolan's last Batman movie. I think it's clear that Sony is picking the villains for the new Spider-Man movies (the least they can do for giving us two Spider-Men in such a short time). WB is surly happy with The Dark Knight Rises' success, but you can't tell me they're not still trying to hop on the Riddler train.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #159
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Kurt! View Post
I think the Court of Owls,Tommy Elliot/Hush (in place of Lincoln March) and
Dick Grayson's orgin could be combined for an interesting movie if they want to use the original Robin. I'd still rather
have the next film feature an established Batman and an established Nightwing shortly after the death of Jason Todd
with Mr.Freeze's loss of a loved one mirror Batman's.
While I haven't read it, I think the New 52 Mr. Freeze origin is now that he killed his mother and froze her, and not he lost
his wife by someone's cruelty. So it makes him more of a Joker level sociopath I think.

I could see them doing the Court of Owls with Tommy Elliot/Hush in pace of March and also involve Grayson's origin as
part of the Court's doing. Hush could be a mix of Hush and an Owl agent, and while investigating them he finds out that
the Owls killed Grayson's parents as part of their grand design. Would sort of miss out on Hush wanting to be Bruce
though perhaps. But other than that it sounds possible.
plus
And they could use the New 52 origin of Grayson as Robin. That he was trained by Bruce, only to help him grieve and to
make sure he didn't become like Bruce. And on his own he made a costume, perhaps with Alfred's help, and then only
acted as Tech support until one night when Bruce was sure to get killed and Robin had to step in (still against Bruce's wishers).
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The actor playing Robin could be signed on for about 3 Batman films, and then 3 possible solo Nightwing films.

Last edited by Artistsean; 01-04-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #160
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

Nora isn't his wife in the New 52 :l

Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #161
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Nora isn't his wife in the New 52 :l
I haven't read it, but I think they changed it to his mother. OK, so I looked it up a little. and I might be wrong. Not sure...

Here is a spoiler:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Now, Victor Fries was still a brilliant man that worked with cryogenics and was turned into Mr. Freeze by a horrible accident. It’s just…Nora wasn’t his wife. He’s never been married. Nora was Nora Fields, a girl born in 1943 that wound up being the first person put into cryogenic research. Victor Fries wrote his doctoral thesis about her. He took the job at Wayne Enterprises just for the excuse to study her.
He fell in love with an ideal of a woman he never met, became obsessed with a woman he never met. Bruce Wayne fired him, but Victor snapped and attempted to attack him. In his rage he broke open the cryogenics materials, spraying himself, and creating Mr. Freeze. Bruce Wayne became his mortal enemy, making him into a monster while refusing to allow him to save his wife. Despite, again, not his wife.
But why might this be?

Because when Victor was a boy he was walking through the snow with his mother and she fell through the ice. She didn’t die, but she was never quite right again. In a wheelchair, displaying dementia, Victor pushed her back into the ice to put her out of her own misery.
Victor Fries…still tragic, just not for the same reason.
by Grey Scherl on May 30, 2012

http://insidepulse.com

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #162
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

No, that's right. I read it, was pretty good. But it's just doesn't have that dramtic impact that made Freeze a unique villain, you know?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #163
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Yeah. He was more sympathetic.

I still like the Court of Owls/Hush/Nightwing Origin movie idea mentioned.
Or would the Court of Owls be too similar to the League of Shadows (or is it Assassins) and Ras al Ghul in the 1st Nolan film?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #164
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

It could be done. As long as it's not handled as the same way TLOS was in Begins, then yes.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 AM   #165
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

While I would love to see that I do think they'd probably go with a more established enemy like the Riddler.
But I'd love to see an already established Batman (since we don't need another origin), fighting the Court of Owls, a group who has seemingly been around since Gotham's creation, and they just keep coming out of the woodwork (is that the saying?) as sleeper agent after sleeper agent is awakened. Plus maybe flashbacks about Tommy Elliot/Hush/Talon and Bruce as kids and flashbacks to Batman's early investigation that found nothing about the Court of Owls. And maybe revealing the Court's involvement in the Wayne murders, the Elliot's murders, and the Grayson's murder's, all being part of some grand plan of theirs.

http://www.comicvine.com/court-of-ow...58693/members/

Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #166
TheWatcher
Dapper

The Court of Owls, Hush, and the Riddler would all be great.

I want to see Killer Croc and Clayface as henchmen.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #167
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

I wouldn't have Clayface as a henchman role. Being a secondary main villain role would suit him better, but is the main threat throughout the movie. Like Bane in TDKR.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #168
shauner111
Side-Kick

I don't think we'll get Court of Owls in the reboot. WB will probably be focused on Riddler, Penguin, Joker, etc.

Court of Owls would have worked well in Nolans world (with Hush yes). Maybe not adding onto history by making them responsible for the death of the Graysons. But Blake is a new character so it could have worked better with his backstory and future. Perhaps the League of Shadows were battling Gotham with all they had, and even wanted it to die during the events of TDKR (despite it having peace for 8 years) because they know it's always being controlled behind the scenes by this secret society anyway. Like the Illuminati. Making the League the better of 2 evils.

Thomas and Martha Wayne as the richest in Gotham, maybe connected to the Owls. Once Bruce was born they tried to get out of it. And as the conspiracies go, this "secret society" went after them..waiting for the perfect time to strike. Of course the motivation behind the murders could be something creative and different.

Some of that stuff would work well with the Graysons in a reboot for sure. But i dont think WB would go through with it.

HECK even the whole Nora Fries thing could be connected to the Court Of Owls if they wanted to do that in a storyline.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #169
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

I was actually going to write a script of that.

Dick Grayson was going to be one of their child assassins, turned good by Bruce, who becomes Robin (symbolizing his escape from the Owls and transformation into a bird of innocence), and he would be passed of as the illegitimate child of Bruce, Damian Wayne.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #170
shauner111
Side-Kick

Very cool Rodrigo

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #171
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

Thanks man

I thought nobody would like it lol

Old 01-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #172
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I wouldn't have Clayface as a henchman role. Being a secondary main villain role would suit him better, but is the main threat throughout the movie. Like Bane in TDKR.
That's basically what I meant.

There are a lot of options.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #173
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

That new Freeze origin isn't half bad.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #174
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

It's not, it's good. It's sad...but I prefer the origin of a good man, turned mad by the pain of loss and loneliness, on a destructive and tragic mission to save his love and himself...

Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #175
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He's not really sympathetic anymore, that's the only real change. Now he's just as nuts as everybody else.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote