The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #126
TheDevilIsMe
Banned User

Default Re: Honest Trailers - TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
I noticed the same thing on several other forums I post on. There is a lot of flak and critiques towards the movie. I personally find most of them are valid criticisms that take the enjoyment out of the movie. I don't find all of the Honest trailers points credible, some of them are just in it for comedy. But I do find a lot of them valid.
Agreed - some of it was for comedy and it did make me laugh. I think alot of fans mistake the comedic aspect as nitpicking.

What posters who get all worked up have to realize that this is the internet discussion community - which often does not follow public/critical opinion so posters have to understand that they have to get used to the flack that 'TDKR' gets and will continue to get for a long time. It's just the internet community anyway so what they think really doesn't matter if the moviegoing public/your friends like it - you're at least in good company. The internet discussing community is a vocal minority, nothing more.

But I think the biggest benefit a vocal minority like this offers is more in depth looks at things that the average filmgoer/peer doesn't have time to do. There are plenty of great things posters point out that I would miss or someone else would - and alot of fair criticisms.

TheDevilIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #127
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Popular stuff tends to be criticized. Specially since the boom of internet.

Its kinda annoying some of that stuff happening in what should be a fan community of the genre , the character and specifically this movie...but we need to be able to swallow every opinion. No matter how good or stupid they are.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #128
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I don't mind the Honest Trailer in concept. I love TDK, but the Honest Trailer for that was hilarious. I just didn't find this one that funny, as it pretty much just went through the motions of all the questions and "plot holes" the internet was buzzing with back in July and August.

Good posts though TheDevilIsMe. Keeping some perspective is important.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #129
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I also thought tdk honest trailer was very funny . And i loved the movie (and i think they also loved it , they say something like that in the end).

This one i didn't find very funny.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #130
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
And i loved the movie (and i think they also loved it , they say something like that in the end).
Yup they did say that at the end. Just letting folk know it's a movie they think is awesome.

Heh they didn't say that for Rises, which is their funniest one yet me thinks.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #131
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Well, they did use the Red Letter Media guys, both of which actually liked TDKR a lot.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #132
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIsMe View Post
Agreed - some of it was for comedy and it did make me laugh. I think alot of fans mistake the comedic aspect as nitpicking.

What posters who get all worked up have to realize that this is the internet discussion community - which often does not follow public/critical opinion so posters have to understand that they have to get used to the flack that 'TDKR' gets and will continue to get for a long time. It's just the internet community anyway so what they think really doesn't matter if the moviegoing public/your friends like it - you're at least in good company. The internet discussing community is a vocal minority, nothing more.

But I think the biggest benefit a vocal minority like this offers is more in depth looks at things that the average filmgoer/peer doesn't have time to do. There are plenty of great things posters point out that I would miss or someone else would - and alot of fair criticisms.
Nice analysis there.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote