The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #276
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

I love Neeson and would usually watch most of what he's in ( even those awful Titan films) but this was just a straight up paycheck film for him, and it looked absolutely dreadful. I hate the Transformers films enough on their own let alone a flat out copycat.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #277
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
Nice. Never thought of this before.
I did when BB came on TV a few days after I saw TDKR in the theater. I caught the end of the film including that scene between Ra's and Bruce.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #278
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I know this has probably been asked and explained a hundred times, but what exactly does the Dent Act do? Was it the RICO case from TDK and anyone affiliated with the mob instantly goes to jail?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #279
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
I know this has probably been asked and explained a hundred times, but what exactly does the Dent Act do? Was it the RICO case from TDK and anyone affiliated with the mob instantly goes to jail?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #280
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Th Biggrin Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nice find!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #281
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

"To those who claim this legislation creates a police state, my answer is very simple. Blah blah *irrelevant and unrelated information* blah."

Nice dodge there.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #282
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Like a true politician XD

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #283
TDK elbowstrike

Does anyone else here think that Blake was a bit, idunno, illequipt to become Bruces successor immediatley after Bruce retired? He has the detective part down pat, and he seemed to be much smarter and more courageous then his peers in the GCPD. But his H2H skills... Every time he was cornered he either had to shoot his way out or be rescued by Batman. I'm not saying he doesn't have the apptitude, it's just that Bruce beat the snot ot of ten hardened criminals before he recieved his LOS training. Blake couldn't even take on two criminals at once without shooting his gun. I get the feeling even Selina could woop up on Blake without breakng a sweat. He's sorely in need of some H2h combat and stealth training...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #284
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Does anyone else here think that Blake was a bit, idunno, illequipt to become Bruces successor immediatley after Bruce retired? He has the detective part down pat, and he seemed to be much smarter and more courageous then his peers in the GCPD. But his H2H skills... Every time he was cornered he either had to shoot his way out or be rescued by Batman. I'm not saying he doesn't have the apptitude, it's just that Bruce beat the snot ot of ten hardened criminals before he recieved his LOS training. Blake couldn't even take on two criminals at once without shooting his gun. I get the feeling even Selina could woop up on Blake without breakng a sweat. He's sorely in need of some H2h combat and stealth training...
The training is nothing! The will is everything

Free Original Music
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #285
Nathan

Will alone won't help you disarm and take out a group of dozens thugs all by yourself.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #286
Travesty
Dats right!

"The training is nothing, the will to see faces and feel it in your bones is everything"

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #287
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Blake has the mentality to become Batman but not the skills. Despite insistence on the part of the fans, Nolan is not a 'realistic' director and will focus on what makes sense thematically rather than logistically.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #288
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

And I keep saying that Blake isn't necessarily going to be Batman v2.0. He has the cave with the Batcomputer. Doesn't mean Bruce left him with weapons.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #289
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
"The training is nothing, the will to see faces and feel it in your bones is everything"

Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #290
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
Blake has the mentality to become Batman but not the skills. Despite insistence on the part of the fans, Nolan is not a 'realistic' director and will focus on what makes sense thematically rather than logistically.
He's been using the word "Relatable" a lot recently, which is more appropriate term for the films.

Batman's death, the LoS's death would spring an end to the escalated violence. This movie shows the worst possible scenario, Ever.

Gotham would have to clean up, and re stabilize for the next 20 years.

Which gives Killer Croc just enough time to grow in the sewers.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #291
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Just watched it again with my girlfriend. First time watching it beginning to end since buying the Blu-ray. Man, I'm still loving it. I have this nagging feeling that I would love it even more if I watched it immediately after BB and TDK, but I still haven't done a marathon yet. It's something I'm really looking forward to doing sometime soon with some friends who are game for it.

Gonna say something unpopular...I actually really enjoyed Marion this time around. Especially her reveal scene. I think that is actually one of my favorite scenes of the film. Hans' haunting score, the cross-cutting between Talia/Bane/Batman, Gordon on the truck and the flashbacks and Marion's performance is really right on the money there. The whole sequence really creates this sense of the trilogy coming to a head.

And The Bat...damn I love that thing. I absolutely adore the shot where Batman flies it in the opposite direction of Catwoman on the Bat-pod and she looks back at him. Just the image of those two vehicles chasing after camo-Tumblers in a snowy Gotham is fantastic. I've really come to dig the final chase now that I can actually relax and take it in while I'm watching it. It's fast and furious, even the shortest shots have a lot of visual flare, like that quick aerial shot of the truck and Tumblers. I really salivate for what was left on the cutting room floor for that sequence.
It really is marvelous when you watch all three films as a marathon, imo.

And yes, The Bat is SO amazing in TDKR. Really love it and the practicality look of the vehicle itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
I think most people just didn't like her death scene, which was worthy of a Razzie Award. The "slow knife" scene is damn good acting IMHO.
Marion's acting was fine as her reveal was top notch. BUT, I guess I can see where the flack comes from with her death scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
You mean the highest grossing film of all time that won a handful of academy awards and was nominated for Best Picture? Yeah that comparison certainly points to the #1 worst film of any given year.
*in Bane voice*: Ahh, so you think being nominated for Best Picture and also being the highest grossing film of all time makes it a actual great film, huh?

*in regular voice now*: Just to pick one from each area...

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Transformers: Dark of the Moon are real gems as well, huh?

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 12-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #292
TDK elbowstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
He's been using the word "Relatable" a lot recently, which is more appropriate term for the films.

Batman's death, the LoS's death would spring an end to the escalated violence. This movie shows the worst possible scenario, Ever.

Gotham would have to clean up, and re stabilize for the next 20 years.

I seriously want to see Waylon Jones in a live action movie one day. I'm wlling to wait as long as it takes.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #293
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
From the radiation of the neutron bomb that will find its ways into the sewers!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #294
kvz5
HBIC

Marion's Tate scenes were okay and IMO the Talia reveal was one of the best scenes in the movie (arguably the 2nd best acted scene after the Alfred/Bruce goodbye scene). It's too bad her laughable death scene came after and was the last thing people saw of her.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #295
Ant-LOX
Bathman

I liked her death scene, she used her last gasps of life to convey vital information. If anything, Batman, Cat Lady, Anne and Gordon standing around while a bomb was ticking away was more silly.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #296
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Just popped in the BB Blu-ray for my first Trilogy Marathon.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #297
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
He's not going to immediately go into the masked crime fighting business. Bruce's training took years and I think it will probably take Blake quite a while before he actually puts on the mask and starts doing it. I also think it's possible he could travel overseas and have Bruce himself aid him. There's also the consideration that Blake might not exactly follow in Bruce/Batman's footsteps in terms of combat like Robin or Nightwing.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #298
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
He's not going to immediately go into the masked crime fighting business. Bruce's training took years and I think it will probably take Blake quite a while before he actually puts on the mask and starts doing it. I also think it's possible he could travel overseas and have Bruce himself aid him. There's also the consideration that Blake might not exactly follow in Bruce/Batman's footsteps in terms of combat like Robin or Nightwing.
Sure will be disappointing for Gordon when he flips on that bat signal and then no one shows up because Blake is training.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #299
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Sure will be disappointing for Gordon when he flips on that bat signal and then no one shows up because Blake is training.
"I just like reminding people he's out there."

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #300
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
"I just like reminding people he's out there."
Doesn't the whole city think Batman just died saving them? When he said that line in TDK Batman was actually out there.

- The Joker
Closed Thread