The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #376
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

So I finally got around in watching the extras and I'm kinda disappointed. I think I remember seeing more content in the TDK blu ray than this one even with the Batman Reborn documentary.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #377
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
It's funny how the government has pictures of Pavel, and they still believe that the random dead guy is him. I may be misinterpreting the blood transfer, though.
They probably assume his body will be unidentifiable in the wreckage besides through blood?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #378
DCW
Chief's got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Top 50 moments of The Dark Knight Rises (Total Film) - http://www.totalfilm.com/features/th...best-moments-1
The ending is one of the greatest experiences I've ever had watching a movie. Perfection.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #379
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Just uploaded all my pics from the Dark Knight Legend exhibit at LA Live. The exhibit includes costumes and props and vehicles from all three movies. Only thing missing is the Bat. ALL BATFANS IN LA NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT. AS IN, MANDATORY.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=7b79b54070

Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #380
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

That is SO damn cool. I wish they'd take that exhibit around the country. Thanks for sharing

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #381
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Done

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #382
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Just uploaded all my pics from the Dark Knight Legend exhibit at LA Live. The exhibit includes costumes and props and vehicles from all three movies. Only thing missing is the Bat. ALL BATFANS IN LA NEED TO CHECK THIS OUT. AS IN, MANDATORY.

Thanks Anita

Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #383
Cory
JustABill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
So I finally got around in watching the extras and I'm kinda disappointed. I think I remember seeing more content in the TDK blu ray than this one even with the Batman Reborn documentary.
man all the extras of the trilogy are crap. most of them are nothing more than crap they showed on TV or HBO

Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #384
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Now...this is what i call a very funny video

Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #385
Ant-LOX
Bathman

The extras were eye opening, produced really well and compact. The Batmobile feature is incredible. They aired it on TV locally, but only a shortened version of it.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #386
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I admit after watching them all the extras are somewhat dissapointing, the batmobile doc was the best part of it.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #387
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Yeah I loved the Batmobile documentary but it was a damn shame they didn't get Burton to do a new interview. (Loved seeing Adam West though)

Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #388
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I don't know if Burton even would have if they asked him.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #389
kvz5
HBIC

I still think BB had the best extra features.

I know Nolan was against it but I wonder why they didn't just ask Jonah or Goyer to do the commentary? Bale I think is like Nolan (anti-BTS stuff) but they can also ask maybe Oldman to do it.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #390
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

Thank you for posting these. They're brilliant.

- The Joker
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #391
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Has anyone been on CBM.com lately?

The hate towards TDKR is hilarious.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #392
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Has anyone been on CBM.com lately?

The hate towards TDKR is hilarious.
Hasn't it been that way even before TDKR came out?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #393
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I can't stand it. At least, on here, for the most part, people who don't like the movie have valid points to make.

Everyone there just hates it because, why the hell not?

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #394
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
True, but now it's on overload with the TDKR Blu-ray reviews now, lol.

I rarely see much hate lately with other CBMs with Grif having been banned, haha, but TDKR hate is back in full swing as when Grif was posting. It's embarrassing to read.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #395
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #396
shauner111
Side-Kick

I actually dont understand it.

I saw the movie a few days ago on blu-ray. And my friends and i all said the same thing. How could people be fans of this series and of Batman and complain about this movie so much? Even the plotholes that people point out, i dont find they're plotholes at all. If i can use my imagination and come up with a logical reason in 3 seconds flat, then i dont consider that a plothole. I consider that to be a director who doesnt feel it's necessary to show you Bruce's journey back to Gotham because it would be an extra 40 minutes. Use your head a little bit. The brace? Really? You cant use your head for that one either? Fox can create these vehicles but he cant make a knee brace for Bruce? Come on people..you dont know what a plot hole is. Go watch generic action movies and you'll REALLY find out about plotholes.

Whatever. Im through with defending the movie towards people online (which seems to be the only place where i find criticism). I guess they have their opinions, as do i. But the more i watch this movie, the more baffled i get as to why a Batman fan wouldnt enjoy Bruce's story, the performances, the cinematography, direction, score. Would people rather Shumacher return? Ill never get it.

Maybe myself and everybody else that i know, arent fans of fantastical films or general comic book movies as much as everybody else around here. Maybe thats what it is. I dont really care about seeing a Batman movie with monsters. Or a Bruce Wayne/Batman that goes on for 7 or 8 films non-stop on autopilot, just so fans can see every "rogue" in its gallery. Why do things have to be exactly like the comics? It's a film..if i want the comics ill go read em', whats wrong in taking inspiration from it and then adding ur own twists? Once again....ill never understand it.

End of rant. My comments will probably be hated in this thread cuz most of you go on & on about plotholes or the ending of the movie, but i really dont care. I obviously dont come from the same planet as 80 percent of people on the hype/internet lol! Oh well! I own the blu-ray and ill be watching this bad boy a thousand more times & enjoying every minute of it!

Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #397
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Everyone there just hates it because, it doesn't start with a Marvel logo.
Fixed.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #398
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
True, but now it's on overload with the TDKR Blu-ray reviews now, lol.

I rarely see much hate lately with other CBMs with Grif having been banned, haha, but TDKR hate is back in full swing as when Grif was posting. It's embarrassing to read.
The people who hate on TDKR on CBM are so pathetic, you have no idea...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #399
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I actually dont understand it.

I saw the movie a few days ago on blu-ray. And my friends and i all said the same thing. How could people be fans of this series and of Batman and complain about this movie so much? Even the plotholes that people point out, i dont find they're plotholes at all. If i can use my imagination and come up with a logical reason in 3 seconds flat, then i dont consider that a plothole. I consider that to be a director who doesnt feel it's necessary to show you Bruce's journey back to Gotham because it would be an extra 40 minutes. Use your head a little bit. The brace? Really? You cant use your head for that one either? Fox can create these vehicles but he cant make a knee brace for Bruce? Come on people..you dont know what a plot hole is. Go watch generic action movies and you'll REALLY find out about plotholes.

Whatever. Im through with defending the movie towards people online (which seems to be the only place where i find criticism). I guess they have their opinions, as do i. But the more i watch this movie, the more baffled i get as to why a Batman fan wouldnt enjoy Bruce's story, the performances, the cinematography, direction, score. Would people rather Shumacher return? Ill never get it.

Maybe myself and everybody else that i know, arent fans of fantastical films or general comic book movies as much as everybody else around here. Maybe thats what it is. I dont really care about seeing a Batman movie with monsters. Or a Bruce Wayne/Batman that goes on for 7 or 8 films non-stop on autopilot, just so fans can see every "rogue" in its gallery. Why do things have to be exactly like the comics? It's a film..if i want the comics ill go read em', whats wrong in taking inspiration from it and then adding ur own twists? Once again....ill never understand it.

End of rant. My comments will probably be hated in this thread cuz most of you go on & on about plotholes or the ending of the movie, but i really dont care. I obviously dont come from the same planet as 80 percent of people on the hype/internet lol! Oh well! I own the blu-ray and ill be watching this bad boy a thousand more times & enjoying every minute of it!
So in other words, you're flabbergasted that people don't share your opinion on a work of art? I see what you're getting at, but this post REEKS of dogmatism

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #400
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Fixed.
Thanks.

Seriously. I love Marvel and their Cinematic Universe, but those films are just as guilty for the "flaws" they accuse Nolan and his films of having. It's downright pathetic.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Closed Thread