The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #401
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

TDKR was one of AFI's Top 10 Films of the year.

Quote:
AFI MOVIES OF THE YEAR
ARGO
BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
DJANGO UNCHAINED
LES MISÉRABLES
LIFE OF PI
LINCOLN
MOONRISE KINGDOM
SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
ZERO DARK THIRTY
http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/afi-...-2012-winners/

Old 12-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #402
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
So in other words, you're flabbergasted that people don't share your opinion on a work of art? I see what you're getting at, but this post REEKS of dogmatism
I don't really see it as "people who don't share my opinion" and more as him really not agreeing with certain flaws people have noticed in the film and really hating it for it.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #403
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I agree, there are a few plot holes in the movie.

But I they can be explained away fairly easily too though. I have a pretty good imagination and a reasonable mind.

These so called plotholes didn't ruin the movie for me because movies of every age and genre, imo, play it a little " fast and loose" in regards to true logic.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #404
Travesty
Dats right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I actually dont understand it.

I saw the movie a few days ago on blu-ray. And my friends and i all said the same thing. How could people be fans of this series and of Batman and complain about this movie so much?
I don't see many Bat-fans defending all the crazy stuff that happened in B&R. Just because you're a Batman fan, or of this series, doesn't mean you have to automatically like it.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #405
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
I actually dont understand it.

I saw the movie a few days ago on blu-ray. And my friends and i all said the same thing. How could people be fans of this series and of Batman and complain about this movie so much? Even the plotholes that people point out, i dont find they're plotholes at all. If i can use my imagination and come up with a logical reason in 3 seconds flat, then i dont consider that a plothole. I consider that to be a director who doesnt feel it's necessary to show you Bruce's journey back to Gotham because it would be an extra 40 minutes. Use your head a little bit. The brace? Really? You cant use your head for that one either? Fox can create these vehicles but he cant make a knee brace for Bruce? Come on people..you dont know what a plot hole is. Go watch generic action movies and you'll REALLY find out about plotholes.

Whatever. Im through with defending the movie towards people online (which seems to be the only place where i find criticism). I guess they have their opinions, as do i. But the more i watch this movie, the more baffled i get as to why a Batman fan wouldnt enjoy Bruce's story, the performances, the cinematography, direction, score. Would people rather Shumacher return? Ill never get it.

Maybe myself and everybody else that i know, arent fans of fantastical films or general comic book movies as much as everybody else around here. Maybe thats what it is. I dont really care about seeing a Batman movie with monsters. Or a Bruce Wayne/Batman that goes on for 7 or 8 films non-stop on autopilot, just so fans can see every "rogue" in its gallery. Why do things have to be exactly like the comics? It's a film..if i want the comics ill go read em', whats wrong in taking inspiration from it and then adding ur own twists? Once again....ill never understand it.

End of rant. My comments will probably be hated in this thread cuz most of you go on & on about plotholes or the ending of the movie, but i really dont care. I obviously dont come from the same planet as 80 percent of people on the hype/internet lol! Oh well! I own the blu-ray and ill be watching this bad boy a thousand more times & enjoying every minute of it!
Pretty much. The more and more I read about that subject I'm convinced that most people who don't like the film are just unhappy with the direction the story took. And you know what? That's fine with me. I'm really tired of the hate. Okay you hate the film, I get it, lets move on. I'm with you man, I own the bluray and I'll be watching it over and over. Great film and a great trilogy.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #406
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I agree, there are a few plot holes in the movie.

But I they can be explained away fairly easily too though. I have a pretty good imagination and a reasonable mind.

These so called plotholes didn't ruin the movie for me because movies of every age and genre, imo, play it a little " fast and loose" in regards to true logic.
Haha, ya, it's called storytelling. Are fables any less effective stories because they involve talking animals and magic, etc.? BB set up the idea that a microwave emitter existed, TDK had Joker infiltrating everywhere with explosives, etc., so it's not like they set up a standard of complete realism within the world, just a relatable feeling with plausible and well examined motives and characters.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #407
The Chris
The Dark Knight Rises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post

fantastic. absolutely fantastic and just a good list overall.

4. The Raid 2
5. Grand Budapest Hotel
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #408
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I don't see many Bat-fans defending all the crazy stuff that happened in B&R.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #409
Travesty
Dats right!

As I was typing that, I had a feeling you would comment on that.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #410
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

That GIF is great.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #411
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
As I was typing that, I had a feeling you would comment on that.
Yeah, I had to. lol It's like a calling.

But for me I can see all the faults in all the Batman films but yet I can still love all of them to death.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #412
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post

Fantastic

TDKR STILL getting the praise it deserves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Love this

Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #413
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Has anyone been on CBM.com lately?

The hate towards TDKR is hilarious.
Based on your post I was expecting to see overwhelming negativity underneath that AFI List article over there but meh. Same old, same old. A loud, negative minority screaming at the top of their lungs in between comments praising the film.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #414
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

That CBM.com site... is kind of awful. It's packed to the brim with people who worship Marvel (and nothing but) and they haven't even updated their "Batman" section. The Dark Knight Rises is still listed as "Batman 3: Sequel to The Dark Knight."

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #415
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Pretty much. The more and more I read about that subject I'm convinced that most people who don't like the film are just unhappy with the direction the story took. And you know what? That's fine with me. I'm really tired of the hate. Okay you hate the film, I get it, lets move on. I'm with you man, I own the bluray and I'll be watching it over and over. Great film and a great trilogy.
Yeah exactly. People ***** about the story because they have certain expectations in their head, coming after TDK. It's as if they already created a story in their mind and it didnt match what so ever, so theyre dissapointed. A lot of posters here are like that quite frankly. They wanted Batman to keep going after TDK, or to keep going instead of passing the mantle. Those stories happen constantly in the comics, and are quite boring imo. We'll probably get that with every Batman series for the next 100 years on film....this will probably be the only time where somebody gives Bruce Wayne a happy ending after all the crap he's been through. And probably the only time when we'll get a compact telling of the Batman mythos, in just 3 films (beginning, middle and end) where he's not fighting every rogue in history. Just for the sake of him going through a 10 or 20 year career.

People should at least appreciate Bruce's emotional journey in this movie and stop nitpicking.

I cant see this franchise going into the emotional depth that Begins and Rises went through with Bruces character. Ever again actually. We'll probably get cool Batman movies but i cant see them focusing on Bruce as much as Nolan has.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #416
J.Howlett

Quote:
I cant see this franchise going into the emotional depth that Begins and Rises went through with Bruces character. Ever again actually. We'll probably get cool Batman movies but i cant see them focusing on Bruce as much as Nolan has.
This. It won't happen again.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #417
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Yeah exactly. People ***** about the story because they have certain expectations in their head, coming after TDK. It's as if they already created a story in their mind and it didnt match what so ever, so theyre dissapointed. A lot of posters here are like that quite frankly. They wanted Batman to keep going after TDK, or to keep going instead of passing the mantle. Those stories happen constantly in the comics, and are quite boring imo. We'll probably get that with every Batman series for the next 100 years on film....this will probably be the only time where somebody gives Bruce Wayne a happy ending after all the crap he's been through. And probably the only time when we'll get a compact telling of the Batman mythos, in just 3 films (beginning, middle and end) where he's not fighting every rogue in history. Just for the sake of him going through a 10 or 20 year career.

People should at least appreciate Bruce's emotional journey in this movie and stop nitpicking.

I can actually relate to the bolded part. Coming here during TDKR's production and following all the ideas and speculation in what regards the movie's unknown plot helped me build an image of almost exactly what I wanted to see in it. And I confess I was rather disappointed the first time I saw TDKR. It's grown on me since then of course, to the point where I consider it an essential and organic conclusion to the trilogy. I think I've come to appreciate the movie for what it is (flawed as it is in certain parts) and I've managed to move away from many of the things I would've liked to have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
This. It won't happen again.
I can't see it happening either, anytime soon at least. But, you know, 'never say never' and all that jazz.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #418
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Dunno if this is new news (well its barely even news at all ) but Matt Damon likes Nolan's Batman a lot so much so he went to Jonathon Nolan to see if he could keep the Bourne series going. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35990

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #419
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Dunno if this is new news (well its barely even news at all ) but Matt Damon likes Nolan's Batman a lot so much so he went to Jonathon Nolan to see if he could keep the Bourne series going. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35990
Cool article.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #420
kvz5
HBIC

I've always thought that Damon will be the next star of a Nolan movie.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #421
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Watching the movie again, I noticed Bruce wasn't using his Bat-voice when talking to Gordon in the hospital. He wasn't wearing his armor.

I believe I heard some time ago that the mask is supposed to have a microphone (in the movie only, not real life), which automatically disguises Bruce's voice when he talks and we hear the Bat-voice.

Does the information proceed?

Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #422
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Where did you read that the cowl in the movie world itself had a microphone? I've seen the "art of" books and I never saw that anywhere.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #423
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Watching the movie again, I noticed Bruce wasn't using his Bat-voice when talking to Gordon in the hospital. He wasn't wearing his armor.

I believe I heard some time ago that the mask is supposed to have a microphone (in the movie only, not real life), which automatically disguises Bruce's voice when he talks and we hear the Bat-voice.

He uses the bat voice when choking out Harvey. "They are coming for him." Not wearing a mask at that point.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #424
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:

He speaks to Rachel in Begins in the cave, and to Catwoman inside City Hall with zero growl. To Talia as well during her reveal. He's been stabbed in both cases but it proves that there's no microphone. It's simply a disguise and when he's Batman he's channeling his anger.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #425
bane
TEH PUFFY

Quote:

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Closed Thread