The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #451
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

I'm sorry, but even as a CBM fan, I'll never place a CBM before Lincoln this year.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #452
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
A little offtopic

That leg brace really worked wonders

Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #453
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Leg brace is nothing. Will is everything. The will to kick Supe's ass.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #454
JAK®
Upstart

But I thought Superman was a boring character because he wins all the time?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #455
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Among the filmmakers who turned up to praise the Les Misérables star at the Museum of the Moving Image's salute to Jackman in lower Manhattan on Tuesday night was The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan who grew an enormous Cheshire-Cat grin when I asked him if the Superman reboot he is producing, Man of Steel, would see a cameo by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or any actor, as Batman, and if he had any objections to a cameo as a continuity move to tie the Supes movie to the 2015 Justice League movie.

"I can't talk about that. You know that," Nolan said cheerily. I didn't know that, actually, but now that I do, I feel compelled to point out that, despite the frustratingly inconclusive nature of his answer, it's not a 'No.' Yes, JG-L's camp shot down the speculation as "entirely false" back in November, but if the idea had been ruled out, wouldn't Nolan be saying something along those lines, too, so that the fan boys could move on? You know how angry they can get when their casting hopes and dreams are suddenly deflated after being allowed to build for months.
http://movieline.com/2012/12/12/chri...-hugh-jackman/

Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #456
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Wrong leg.

Robin John Blake is Batman in Man of Steel?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #457
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Robin John Blake is Batman in Man of Steel?
After the new MoS trailer, I'm feeling very optimistic/excited about the movie. JGL as Batman in the end will ruin that for me. They really should just get a new Batman and leave the Nolanverse alone since they won't be able to get Bale as Batman back anyway.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #458
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I just don't want to see JGL in Batsuit...ever, really. Nightwing would maybe be a different story, but still they need to just leave it alone. It would be the ultimate insult to Superman to have the exclamation point on his big reboot be a Batman tie-in.

I'm still pretty worried that WB may hijack the MoS franchise before it even gets a chance to grown into its own for a potentially big misfire with a premature JLA film.

Man, I would really love to be a fly on the wall for the meetings where they are trying to sort out all of this stuff.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #459
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Bane needs no leg braces

Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #460
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I just don't want to see JGL in Batsuit...ever, really. Nightwing would maybe be a different story, but still they need to just leave it alone. It would be the ultimate insult to Superman to have the exclamation point on his big reboot be a Batman tie-in.

I'm still pretty worried that WB may hijack the MoS franchise before it even gets a chance to grown into its own for a potentially big misfire with a premature JLA film.

Man, I would really love to be a fly on the wall for the meetings where they are trying to sort out all of this stuff.
Yup. WB is so obsessed with making JL happen that they're rushing things and possibly ruining MoS which has the potential to be really good. I really just don't see JGL as Batman having the effect that they were hoping. The only way the Nolanverse can be tied back to MoS or JL is if it's Bale that coming back which won't happen so just leave it alone and start fresh. The end of the Nolan Bat trilogy already gave them the perfect excuse to reboot Batman so it's mind boggling why they wouldn't want to take advantage of that.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #461
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Yup. WB is so obsessed with making JL happen that they're rushing things and possibly ruining MoS which has the potential to be really good. I really just don't see JGL as Batman having the effect that they were hoping. The only way the Nolanverse can be tied back to MoS or JL is if it's Bale that coming back which won't happen. The end of the Nolan Bat trilogy already gave them the perfect excuse to reboot Batman so it's mind boggling why they wouldn't want to take advantage of that.
I think if they offer Bale a huge bag of money...he'll make it.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #462
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

No, please no.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #463
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Maybe but I just don't see him needing the role or the money than say 7 years ago especially when he's getting his pick of roles now. Plus I think taking the TS gig taught him a lesson.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #464
TheNewGirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea, sorry thats not happening. Bale is DONE. DONE DONE.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #465
shauner111
Side-Kick

I would lose it if Nolan is indeed producing this thing or at least giving them the go-ahead to bring Bale back for a one-off Justice League movie. It would be unreal. There's definately a way to use him without spitting on the trilogy and how it ended.

It could be a smart move too since Nolans name is all over Man Of Steel. If they're focusing on completing a MOS trilogy this decade with a Justice League film, and they want to wait for the Batman reboot. Like wait until 2020 hits and the MOS trilogy/JLA stuff is over-with....then it can work very nicely.

Yeaaaah wishful thinking.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #466
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I would lose it if Nolan is indeed producing this thing or at least giving them the go-ahead to bring Bale back for a one-off Justice League movie. It would be unreal. There's definately a way to use him without spitting on the trilogy and how it ended.

It could be a smart move too since Nolans name is all over Man Of Steel. If they're focusing on completing a MOS trilogy this decade with a Justice League film, and they want to wait for new Batman solo movies. Like wait until 2020 hits and the MOS trilogy/JLA stuff is over-with....then it can work very nicely.

Yeaaaah wishful thinking.
Heh, as much as the fanboy in me would love to see Bale and Cavill on screen together, the bolded part is undeniably, inescapably, 100% true.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #467
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

I'm ok with either Bale returning or another actor taking on Batman. The latter is more likely. What I can't stand is the possibility of JGL as Batman.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #468
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I can't see any continuation of the Nolanverse as something Nolan would be in favor of. I think he was just being coy with that reporter by not saying no. He's been very clear that he sees Batman and Superman as completely separate worlds and he's been clear about TDKR being the ending of his version of Batman.

Given all that, I would have to imagine that actors such as JGL and Christian Bale, who have enormous respect for Nolan and probably hope to work with him the future, wouldn't do something that would directly reverse all the effort that went into making TDKR a conclusion.

I think it's a bunch of hype and nothing more. The next Batman will have to be rebooted with a new actor, it's really the only sensible way forward.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #469
shauner111
Side-Kick

JGL or Bale wouldnt do this unless they talked to Nolan first. And by Nolans response im not so sure he would object, if done properly. I mean, if Nolan is producing and over-seeing a bit of this stuff with Zack Snyder..they could figure out a way to do it justice.

I dont mind JGL in this as long as it's done properly, but i would indeed prefer Bale to return. That version of Bruce/Batman with Cavills Superman would be the BEST kind of insane!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #470
TheDarkKnight08
genius

I second everything said above. No to JGL. If WB is going ahead this forced DC Cinematic Universe, at least give the fans what we want. The ending of TDKR and JGL as Bruce's protege worked because that was the end. We didn't have to see JGL awkwardly trying to take over Bruce's mantle and it capped off some of the themes introduced in the trilogy. So, either get someone else or give Bale tons of cash to come back. Batman is, always will Bruce Wayne.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nick Mundy is the real-life equivalent of Youtube comment: Sure I may be wrong, but I'm loud, so everyone listens to me.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #471
shauner111
Side-Kick

Fair enough. As ive said in other threads...you give Bruce no choice but to come out of retirement (this time he doesnt want to come back as opposed to TDKR) because of the level of threat. He puts this League together Nick Fury style as just "Bruce Wayne" but when he comes back it's in the last half of the movie. Where it's on the other side of the planet or whatever. A secretive place where nobody would know outside of the League. No vehicles, no attention seeking stuff. Just Batman in the shadows. Justice League could be Bruce's very own "League of Shadows" (that part wasnt my idea but it's a damn good one).

Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #472
CGHulk
Green Guy

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3: IN LEGO
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #473
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
I'm sorry, but even as a CBM fan, I'll never place a CBM before Lincoln this year.

Free Original Music
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #474
Blue_Scholar
The Battiest and Manliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3: IN LEGO
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
lol at 0:33

"The Dark Knight Trilogy" is such a pretentious title, I'm leaning more towards "RISES: The Dark Batman Knight Begins".

That's much better.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #475
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dunno, the two are such different beasts. TDKR is incredibly more impressive from a scale and direction point of view and more emotionally resonant, but Lincoln had a nearly perfect build up to the vote and then what happens after that is just such an odd break of pace, reminded me of the end of LOTR. Both had amazing performances (obviously DDL is a shoe-in for the Oscar here, he's incredible).

But filmmaking has so many different goals. Lincoln is a drama, TDKR is an intelligent tentpole blockbuster. Which one has more frequent amazing entries? TDKR is an anomaly in filmmaking, whereas Lincoln is a superb drama, so to me, TDKR has done more for filmmaking this year than Lincoln by far. Drama's do get the upper hand at the Academy, I just think it's important to see a realistic perspective.

Last edited by TheBat812; 12-12-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Closed Thread