Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #126
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Just re-watched some clips on youtube. Man, Batman should have died multiple times in this Movie. Like the part when he comes to Blakes rescue. He takes Bane's people down one at a time. Everyone is carrying guns. Instead off taking aim and shooting his damn ass, they wait till he is finished with one of their buddies, then run at him and try to shove their guns into his face. Makes me miss the shakey cam.
I was amazed at the police attack on Bane's men at the end....3,000 men in a tight group running straight at a couple dozen men firing automatic rifles...and like 2 of them get hit. Bane needs to start making his men take shooting classes.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #127
Travesty
TEOL

Bane's men were trained by Stormtroopers.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #128
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I was amazed at the police attack on Bane's men at the end....3,000 men in a tight group running straight at a couple dozen men firing automatic rifles...and like 2 of them get hit. Bane needs to start making his men take shooting classes.
that and how dumb was it that the Bat came flying down, lit a couple of sparklers, and all of a sudden the tumblers are useless.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #129
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

It was funny how the Police avoided the sidewalks at all costs. Or instead of attacking him from multiple points, no, let's just do a frontal assault.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #130
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The only explanation for the Bane / Bats fight that I can think of is that Bruce went in virtually unprepared, pridefully thinking that because he defeated Ra's he could easily defeat Bane too. Why bring batarangs / darts etc. in that case? Alfred was right - Bruce wasn't ready.

Of course, what an oxymoron it seems for Batman to not be prepared or paranoid...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #131
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
that and how dumb was it that the Bat came flying down, lit a couple of sparklers, and all of a sudden the tumblers are useless.
Its called an EMP and the one from the Bat was very strong.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #132
Nathan

IMO, it's the most disappointing fight in the Trilogy. Not just because Batman forgot to use most of his utility belt, but apparently he forgot most of his combat moves as well. He was barely mixing it up at all. Barely attempted to dodge Bane's attacks or counter him. He was mostly swinging left and right hooks. Over and over again.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #133
Travesty
TEOL

Oh, I liked the fight, I thought it was pretty good.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #134
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

The fight is the best in the trilogy IMO.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #135
Nathan

I would have enjoyed it more if they hadn't turned Batman into a complete amateur in that one fight. I get that they wanted to showcase Bane's badassness, but it could have been possible to do that without turning Batman into a complete noob.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #136
the last son
Side-Kick

I can't tell you how beautiful and great I thought the climb out of the pit was. I may not have liked the movie but that was top 5 best scenes in the trilogy. Zimmer was on point. Just a great great scene. Rise!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #137
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Nolan Talks The Writing Process, Batman As A Sociopath & Finding his Darth Vader: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...llain-20121206

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #138
Raoul Duke
Banned User

hasn't batman fought like an amateur in all of these films? martial arts and fight scenes aren't nolan's strong points. i guess i'm kinda desensitised to the awful choreography now. i liked the bane vs batman fight because of the atmosphere and inevitable dread of the scene. i also loved hardy's taunts with that funny voice.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #139
JackWhite
Third Man

In Batman's defense, he does start off fighting Bane with proper technique. He calmly walks up to Bane, then lunges in with that push attack to the chest, followed by an attack to the knee, an upper-cut like strike then the back hand across the face. Now right after that last strike, Bats goes for a straight punch to Bane's face but he blocks it, then Batman goes for an immediate left but it's also blocked.

Batman doesn't get "desperate" until Bane does that spinning punch which floors him. That's when he lets out the grunt by the stairs and swings a poorly timed hook which Bane of course ducks and counters.

I won't lie, I would have liked to have seen a batarang thrown, but the flash bangs had it's purpose, to show how Batman's theatrics wouldn't work against another LOS alum. Besides, Batman started out the fight in Knightfall by directly lunging at Bane, lol.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #140
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
hasn't batman fought like an amateur in all of these films? martial arts and fight scenes aren't nolan's strong points. i guess i'm kinda desensitised to the awful choreography now.
Well, Nolan did much, much better during the 2nd fight. While Batman wasn't using any gadgets at all, we see him dodging multiple punches and redirect/counter them. All the stuff he neglected to do during their first encounter. Which is why I enjoyed that battle a lot more. Because Batman actually fought smart.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #141
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
As with all movies, there has to be a certain amount of suspension of belief. In comic book related movies that has to be a little bit more of it. But in a movie (even one comic related) that wants to be taken realistic and serious, there is only so far that I can suspend that belief. A man dressing up in costume to fight crime...I can handle. A group of terrorists attacking an American city....I can handle. The government letting it go on for 5 months and then 3,000 policemen (extremely healthy looking policemen) trapped underground with limited supplies for that 5 months mounting a spur of the moment last minute assault on the terrorists....I can't handle it. It makes for good spectacle....it makes a good scene in an action movie....but it just doesn't work for me.
And a terrorist can easily wire a major city's main hospital (which is open 24/7, obviously) with enough explosives to take the entire building down with one ignition. Without being seen.

There's always going to be a ton of suspension of disbelief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Agreed. To me the strength of the symbolism easily outweighs the few logical fallacies these create within the film. They crossed my mind, but never actually bothered me.
Same here. Either you buy it, or you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Just re-watched some clips on youtube. Man, Batman should have died multiple times in this Movie. Like the part when he comes to Blakes rescue. He takes Bane's people down one at a time. Everyone is carrying guns. Instead off taking aim and shooting his damn ass, they wait till he is finished with one of their buddies, then run at him and try to shove their guns into his face. Makes me miss the shakey cam.
He dropped into the middle of them. There's no shot, unless they want to kill one of their buddies by accident.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #142
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
hasn't batman fought like an amateur in all of these films? martial arts and fight scenes aren't nolan's strong points. i guess i'm kinda desensitised to the awful choreography now. i liked the bane vs batman fight because of the atmosphere and inevitable dread of the scene. i also loved hardy's taunts with that funny voice.
Overall, I think Batman's fighting abilities were presented fine in the trilogy. In BB, he does kick a lot more. Batman even did a spinning wheel kick during his last standoff with the LOS ninjas. His first appearance in TDK is actually pretty underrated - Batman breaks down the first thug by knocking his gun out of his hand, followed by attacking his knee joints and then ramming him head first into the nearby railing.

I know it gets hate here, but the fight at the Harvey Dent fundraiser showed Batman again attacking thugs in different areas of the body in order to break them down. But yeah, it's pretty much a love it or hate it thing, which is fine.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #143
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
He dropped into the middle of them. There's no shot, unless they want to kill one of their buddies by accident.
4 guys were down, 2 were standing at a safe distance and could have turned him into swiss cheese, without endangering their buddies. Instead they run at him. Like the idiot in the bank. Instead of shooting Batman when he enters, he runs at him and tries to shove the barrel of the gun into his face.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #144
the last son
Side-Kick

Who cares if they shoot each other they were scheduled to die the next day. They should have just opened fire on batman no matter who they shoot. Just made sure he was hit

Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #145
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Who cares if they shoot each other they were scheduled to die the next day. They should have just opened fire on batman no matter who they shoot. Just made sure he was hit
Bane, Talia, and the small group of LoS knew that the bomb was going to go off, but did the rest of his army? I suspect that many of them were just along for the ride because they liked having guns. Kind of like how a very small group of actual troublemakers start a riot and then everybody joins in just because. There's no indication that even half of the people in Bane's "army" are as fanatic as the LoS.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #146
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
Its called an EMP and the one from the Bat was very strong.
Yes...it is called an EMP... but didn't Batman give the EMP to Gordon???

Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #147
the last son
Side-Kick

I assumed everyone knew the bomb was going off.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #148
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I assumed everyone knew the bomb was going off.
You think that all of Blackgate's prisoners would have went along with Bane if they knew they were all going to die if they followed him? Sure they like being in power, but they'd also probably want to live too.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #149
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, there's no way anyone from Blackgate or Crane himself knew the LoS's plan of destroying Gotham City and every single person residing.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #150
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Nope...the only reason I saw for that scene was to make Batman look pathetic. This was Bane's moment....he could no wrong and Batman could no right. It was written in to provoke a specific response, and it succeeded at that...it was not meant to be logical, or represenative of Batman's actions from the previous 2 movies.
I love how C Lee is bringing the truth right now.

And you just know that if C Lee's name weren't highlighted in red, you'd read more posts like "You're nitpicking too much, why can't you just enjoy the movie?"

My thing is...Batman knows that Bane is a LOS member....so why is he only using LOS tricks during the fight? Like C Lee said, the scene was written to make Bane look awesome, like it was written by a rabid Bane fanboy...just like the romance aspect of this film feels like it was written by a Bat/Cat shipper.

All in all, the first Bane fight works because of the mood and Bane spouting some great lines.

Closed Thread