Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #176
Reek
Pork Sausage

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Also, when he escapes why throw the ropes down for everyone to escape? Were they wrongfully held? I thought everyone outside of Bruce was there for a reason.
he probably did it because that is a ****ed up prison. lol

Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #177
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Even that I find a little silly. Why is he standing on a tower outside the city? I'm just trying to make sense out that scene. Did he drive all the way out, just to climb a tower, gaze upon the city, then climb back down and return? If he happened to prowl the rooftops and then stopped at the edge of a building, to gaze upon the city, ok.
lol, c'mon guys. Isn't this beyond nit picking now? Batman has been known to prowl on rooftops and perch on top of gargoyles. He's had the same type of shots in the last two films.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #178
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
lol, c'mon guys. Isn't this beyond nit picking now? Batman has been known to prowl on rooftops and perch on top of gargoyles. He's had the same type of shots in the last two films.

Yes, and as I've written in the post you've quoted, that would have been ok. Prowling rooftops, standing on top of gargoyles, while he's making sure the city is safe. But why is he outside the city, somewhere on a tower? It's not a spot to conveniently get to. He must have driven outside the city, climbed a large tower, gazed upon the city, climbed back down and drove back in. It just doesn't feel like a natural moment when you think about it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #179
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Yes, and as I've written in the post you've quoted, that would have been ok. Prowling rooftops, standing on top of gargoyles, while he's making sure the city is safe. But why is he outside the city, somewhere on a tower? It's not a spot to conveniently get to. He must have driven outside the city, climbed a large tower, gazed upon the city, climbed back down and drove back in. It just doesn't feel like a natural moment when you think about it.
Yeah, I read all of that. I just don't see the reason of even pointing it out, lol. But I do get where you are coming from.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #180
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:

If I were Batman, and had a sweet air vehicle, and have been missing out the incredible view of Gotham for eight years, I'll do the same.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #181
Sull

Quote:
Also, when he escapes why throw the ropes down for everyone to escape? Were they wrongfully held? I thought everyone outside of Bruce was there for a reason.
I think its there just to show a) how hard it is to get out, the initial cimb is not the difficult part, it further up that is hard

and b) that the hope is needed, you can see outside you can almost touch it, you can keep trying, but ultimately what u require is more than just a rope attached it is the physical and mental strength you need

Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #182
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
That was no longer a "normal" prison... it was Bane's.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #183
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Theres an insane amount of nitpicking in here, you can tell the Blu-ray was released a few days ago.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #184
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
And a terrorist can easily wire a major city's main hospital (which is open 24/7, obviously) with enough explosives to take the entire building down with one ignition. Without being seen.
Apparently you didn't know....I was not a big fan of TDK...you just pointed out one of the things I thought was wrong with that movie.

To me...BB was near perfect....and the movies went down in quality after that.

But....I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade...I have given my impressions of the movie in here....and will now move on. If anyone wants to discuss it in Pms, you are welcome, but I won't continue in here and upset the fans of the movie.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #185
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Apparently you didn't know....I was not a big fan of TDK...you just pointed out one of the things I thought was wrong with that movie.

But....I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade...I have given my impressions of the movie in here....and will now move on. If anyone wants to discuss it in Pms, you are welcome, but I won't continue in here and upset the fans of the movie.
Speaking of BB, the only problem I have with it is the third act. It doesn't fall apart or anything, but compared to TDK and TDKR finale's, it just feels very "action by numbers". Fear, fear, fear aside, if the third act was more up to snuff I'd definitely consider it a flawless film. And by flawless, I mean nit picks not withstanding.

BB FTW!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #186
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Because they're nice and very supportive!

Well, those were prisoners of Bane so they're probably just people who pissed him off or were on the way of his plans so they're most likely innocents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Speaking of BB, the only problem I have with it is the third act. It doesn't fall apart or anything, but compared to TDK and TDKR finale's, it just feels very "action by numbers". Fear, fear, fear aside, if the third act was more up to snuff I'd definitely consider it a flawless film. And by flawless, I mean nit picks not withstanding.

BB FTW!
Even after multiple rewatching, my ranking still remains the same:

BB
TDK
TDKR

Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #187
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Because they're nice and very supportive!

Well, those were prisoners of Bane so they're probably just people who pissed him off or were on the way of his plans so they're most likely innocents?

Even after multiple rewatching, my ranking still remains the same:

BB
TDK
TDKR
For me it's...

BB
TDKR
TDK

Really dislike how Joker-centric TDK is. Even the freaking Blu-ray cover is the Joker instead of Batman. Pisses me off and I am a big fan of Ledger's Joker.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #188
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
For me it's...

BB
TDKR
TDK

Really dislike how Joker-centric TDK is. Even the freaking Blu-ray cover is the Joker instead of Batman. Pisses me off and I am a big fan of Ledger's Joker.
I'm all about BB but watching TDKR gave me new appreciation for TDK in terms of execution, writing, pacing, and the tightness of the script so that's why I'd give the edge to TDK. I do LOVE certain things in TDKR and I'd put those at the upper half of my favorite things in the trilogy like overall acting of the entire cast, being more Bruce-centric, Batman/Catwoman dynamic, etc. But TDKR is also the movie among the 3 that I dislike the most things.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #189
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Seeing as how the League views what's right and wrong, I think it's best to assume everyone down in the Pit was wrongfully accused.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #190
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
One of the blu-ray covers has Joker on it. The other two have Batman;

Quote:
but watching TDKR gave me new appreciation for TDK in terms of execution, writing, pacing, and the tightness of the script so that's why I'd give the edge to TDK. I do LOVE certain things in TDKR and I'd put those at the upper half of my favorite things in the trilogy like overall acting of the entire cast, being more Bruce-centric, Batman/Catwoman dynamic, etc. But TDKR is also the movie among the 3 that I dislike the most things.
Same as myself. After watching TDKR it made me see how much better the first two movies were done.

I rank them;

TDK
BB
TDKR

- The Joker
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #191
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Seeing as how the League views what's right and wrong, I think it's best to assume everyone down in the Pit was wrongfully accused.
That's how I interpreted it.

And I suppose (assuming some are not innocent which I doubt) it's also to show Bruce's character in that he sees good in people and he figured that they deserve a 2nd chance in life.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #192
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

Ah well, you don't normally poke your head in here aside from keeping us in line, so I'd forgotten.

For me BB was still too formulaic comic-booky and I really appreciate the real-world connotations and the immediacy of TDK and TDKR. But all three are really quite good, so it's just personal preference from this point.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #193
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
That's how I interpreted it.

And I suppose (assuming some are not innocent which I doubt) it's also to show Bruce's character in that he sees good in people and he figured that they deserve a 2nd chance in life.
In BB, he lived with the criminals but never became one of them. In TDKR, he lived with the criminals (or well, what Bane considered criminals) and he allowed them to help him.

Or rather, the criminals he was associating himself with either acted out of desperation (stole food so they wouldn't starve) or were really out for themselves, like the gang who was stealing WE stuff. In the pit he discovered real friendship and kindness. I mean, that prisoner really didn't HAVE to go and fix his back.

But maybe he was just sick and tired of having to baby Bruce all the damn time.

Last edited by Anita18; 12-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #194
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Same as myself. After watching TDKR it made me see how much better the first two movies were done.
Yup. Watching all 3 so close together (I watched BB and TDK the day before watching TDKR) made it easier for me to see the differences (and similarities) among the 3. TDK benefitted the most because I developed more appreciation for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
In BB, he lived with the criminals but never became one of them. In TDKR, he lived with the criminals (or well, what Bane considered criminals) and he allowed them to help him.
Nice connection.

Plus, he owes them after he destroyed their TV.

Last edited by kvz5; 12-06-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #195
the last son
Side-Kick

Agree with C. Lee that everything went down from film to film. Begins was brilliant. TDK was darn good. And TDKR was ok.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #196
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
One of the blu-ray covers has Joker on it. The other two have Batman;

I rank them;

TDK
BB
TDKR

The second one you posted wasn't released in the U.S., or at least it wasn't when I bought the film in December 2008. The first one you posted is the slipcover of the one I bought. So they gave us a slipcover with the worst poster ever and then the actual cover art was the Joker. I threw away the slip cover because I hate that Batpod poster. I wish the actual cover art was the second one you posted (I love that particular Batman poster), but instead it's the Joker.

Then they gave us a limited number of special features and a harshly manipulated transfer (Edge Enhancement out the wazoo, some DNR, and altered color timing). Just a bad release all the way around. I hope they give the film a new transfer for the UCE trilogy next year, and I hope to hell the trilogy cover art is just Batman.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #197
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

I have the Batman in front of the burning symbol for TDK. It looks beautiful.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #198
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I don't like slipcovers in general. It just adds another step between finding the movie on the shelf and then putting the disc in the machine, and you have worry about damaging the slipcover because it's some flimsy cardboard. The TDKR Blu-ray doesn't automatically play the movie like the Blu-ray disc for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight either, adding more time to get to the movie. People with the (legal) digital-only versions at least don't have to put up with any of this though they get inferior quality.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #199
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
I have the Batman in front of the burning symbol for TDK. It looks beautiful.
Given Ledger's nationality, it figures that you Aussies got a Batman cover and we got stuck with a Joker cover.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #200
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Quote:
Given Ledger's nationality, it figures that you Aussies got a Batman cover and we got stuck with a Joker cover.
The DVD had Ledger on the front

75 Years of the Batman - Happy Anniversary to my Hero
Closed Thread