The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Default Sequel score thread

Even though Horner had some really good stuff in this score, I felt that it was a bit lacking and some of it didn't help the tone, action scene music didn't impress me (except the sewer scene, that was great)

So, I really think that, while keeping the core and the main theme, the over all style of the score should be semi-revamped. What do you guys think? What do you want from the sequel's score?

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Sequel score thread

As much as I would like something new to set the tone with action scenes, it can't really be revamped in the sequel. Have we really gotten revamped scores in a sequel that differs than the first film when using the same composer?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I like the theme, but the score overall was just lacking in certain scenes. The crane scene should have been much more emotional, but it didn't get my heart racing when it should have.

I think the theme should be the same, but with a revamped score.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Thwip!
Side-Kick

I loved his work, especially Promises

Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Wait so how does it work..like the "Main theme"? The one I'm talking about is the one Marc Webb says in the BTS..he said he wanted that simple riff that you could play with three fingers. I think thats the main theme right? But anyway, so does that roll on over to the next movie or they create a new one, or the new guy if there is one plays the same one? A little confusing, my bad.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Wait so how does it work..like the "Main theme"? The one I'm talking about is the one Marc Webb says in the BTS..he said he wanted that simple riff that you could play with three fingers. I think thats the main theme right? But anyway, so does that roll on over to the next movie or they create a new one, or the new guy if there is one plays the same one? A little confusing, my bad.
I think that Horner will pretty surely be back for TASM2

Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
As much as I would like something new to set the tone with action scenes, it can't really be revamped in the sequel. Have we really gotten revamped scores in a sequel that differs than the first film when using the same composer?
Well no, but this is a pretty unusual situation. Besides, with a villain like Electro and the movie being a lot more intense since Peter is Spidey from the start, Horner might actually approach this pretty differently

Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Picard Sisko

The Lizard didn't really have a theme, unfortunately. After Gwen hits him with the trophy, you kind of hear Doc Ock's theme from Spider-Man 2 if you listen carefully.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
The main theme is what you hear in the opening credits, some moments in the middle of the film, and during the final swing.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

The main theme is terrible imo,I hope they change it/modify it

And they should really concentrate on making the theme good during the action scenes

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Well no, but this is a pretty unusual situation. Besides, with a villain like Electro and the movie being a lot more intense since Peter is Spidey from the start, Horner might actually approach this pretty differently
Unusual indeed. If it happens, I'll be pleased but I don't actually see it happening, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
The Lizard didn't really have a theme, unfortunately. After Gwen hits him with the trophy, you kind of hear Doc Ock's theme from Spider-Man 2 if you listen carefully.
Unfortunately, CBMs usually never give the villain(s) in an origin film a proper theme.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
The main theme is terrible imo,I hope they change it/modify it

And they should really concentrate on making the theme good during the action scenes
Time for a cliché phrase: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think its terrible at all, but it just doesn't come close to Elfman's theme.

I hate bringing up Nolan's films in these forums, but I swear some of the characters had to yell over the score because it was way too loud. When Blake was trying to get across the bridge, nothing was going on. But you hear him yelling while the score gets louder lol.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Unfortunately, CBMs usually never give the villain(s) in an origin film a proper theme.
yeap

I know that the origin movie has to be the hero's story so there wasn't that much room for Lizard in the movie or even in the score, but then again, why did they have to choose the Lizard when he's a villain that really needs extra build up and attention to his story? We would've been better of with someone like Scorpion.

No, that doesn't need Jameson to be good, just use your imagination people! Besides, I always thought that it'd be a bit cheesy if Jameson creates Scorpion in the movies

Old 12-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Kingpin-Perfect Origin villian

Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Time for a cliché phrase: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think its terrible at all, but it just doesn't come close to Elfman's theme.

I hate bringing up Nolan's films in these forums, but I swear some of the characters had to yell over the score because it was way too loud. When Blake was trying to get across the bridge, nothing was going on. But you hear him yelling while the score gets louder lol.
That was my point,doesnt come close to Elfman's theme

After watching 3 spidey movies which such good theme,it was a dissapointment

Old 12-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I found the score underwhelming on my first watch of the movie, but, and this is the case with the movie as well, it has grown on me hugely, its not as good as the score for the Raimi movies, but I find it really good on re-watch, and hope they keep most of it with of course new themes being introduced.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Picard Sisko

Quote:
That was my point,doesnt come close to Elfman's theme

After watching 3 spidey movies which such good theme,it was a dissapointment
It doesn't come close to Elfman's theme, but doesn't make it terrible. I thought the score was on par with The Avengers to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I found the score underwhelming on my first watch of the movie, but, and this is the case with the movie as well, it has grown on me hugely, its not as good as the score for the Raimi movies, but I find it really good on re-watch, and hope they keep most of it with of course new themes being introduced.
Pretty much how I feel

Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I loved the calm and emotional music. I'm not a big fan of the action score however.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
nah, unless there was another villain also

Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Modern CBMs don't do that. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man 1-3, etc. gave their villains themes.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #21
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Green Goblin had a theme?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
Picard Sisko

Quote:
He works as a "behind the scenes" villain (like the Emperor in Star Wars), but you still need a main, iconic villain to do the dirty work (Darth Vader).

Quote:
Green Goblin had a theme?
I don't know how he missed that. Green Goblin most certainly had one, and it was perfect for the character IMO.

Though, a lot of origin films seem to lack villain themes. Did Scarecrow have one in Batman Begins?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I don't even remember that he had one! Lol. I remember Ock's, Sandman's and Venom's perfectly, but not GG.

Speaking on Scarecrow, no, I don't believe he did, and if he did, it just wasn't memorable either as GG's. Ra's sorta had one, but I thought it was mostly a League of Shadows theme which is prominently used whenever Ra's is shown in TDKR.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Kingpin + Shocker = me pleased

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #25
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
The main theme is what you hear in the opening credits, some moments in the middle of the film, and during the final swing.
Yeah. It's that like, "dun dun duh-dun!" I really like that as the theme. I hope they continue to use it.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote