The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?
X-Men: The First Class (Team from the Past Era) 19 22.89%
The "Original X-Men" (Team from Present Era) 43 51.81%
They should try to make films featuring both around the same time 19 22.89%
I Don't Know 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?

This is something that has been on my mind for awhile now, and I'm curious to hear what other people think about it as well, but which X-Men "Team" (Cast) do you feel should Fox move forward with the most, or at least, give top priority to in terms of getting films out featuring that particular group.

When I say "Team", aka Era, I'm talking about the two different X-Men Casts that we have at the moment:

1. X-Men: First Class, featuring James, Michael, Nicholas, and Jennifer portraying the X-Men from the past era.

OR

2. The "Original X-Men", featuring Hugh, Patrick, Ian, Ellen, Shawn, etc.

I think advocates of both groups could make some compelling arguments as to why their particular cast should be selected and given film treatments to star in.

One of the biggest reasons that I've heard some saying as to why Fox should focus in giving out more films featuring the "original X-Men cast" is due primarily to Patrick and Ian's ages and how it's not guaranteed that they'll be able to keep playing their respective roles as long as their young cast members can, let alone on how one can't be sure that Hugh will keep reprising his role on team, who is undoubtedly the most featured one from the group.

Now some could say that they should just release films alongside each other that features both casts in different films from one another, but I'd feel like that could have a double edge effect in the long run.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?

I will answer the question once DoFP ends. I want to see where we're left with each.

Practically speaking, though, they should focus more on the FC cast. They're younger and relatively more fresh, so that they can gradually inhabit the roles and make them as iconic as the OT.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Project862006
Banned User

problem with fc cast is they have a time limit imo the more potential is in present day not to mention present day has

wolverine,storm,iceman,rogue,kitty pryde,colossus,etc.

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Which is why waiting for DoFp will give us a more informed reply, because, for instance, we don't know if Logan stays in '73 with his current conscience, or if he goes back to a fixed 2023, etc.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
problem with fc cast is they have a time limit imo the more potential is in present day not to mention present day has

wolverine,storm,iceman,rogue,kitty pryde,colossus,etc.
That is something that I thought about as well, and in particular, they're also restricted by the very continuity that's been established by the first set of films regarding on how far they can go and what they can do with certain characters, let alone on who they can introduce.

I've heard some say on how one possible and ideal route would be for Days of Future Past to take the "Star Trek" route where due to Wolverine's time traveling, he ends up creating an alternate timeline/reality in the end that's separates it from the original world thus (assuming if the main cast weren't killed off in the apocalyptic future), they could still maintain their continuity while allowing the First Class world to be free from the original one.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Project862006
Banned User

i agree we should wait to see how dofp unfolds because at this point in time fc cast has only about 25 years of time left to work with

Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i'm gonna say both, next FC sequel just before X4

Old 08-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I voted 70s team as i like the period setting and would love to see Scott, Ororo & Jen first join Xavier.

And we've had three movies of the OT already.

Though ideally i'd like them to split them into two series, one featuring the OT cast in an alternate timeline and one with the FC cast in their own independant timeline

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
Mars123
Side-Kick

I'd like to see a final FC film with Mcavoy, fassbender and crew plus junior OT to feed nicely Into x1.

I'd also like one or two OT film maybe both centred on apocalypse the ultimate villain.
I think this could work as it will prove once and for all humans and mutants need each other and the series can kind of end with harmony and love in the world.

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

at the very least needs to be 1 more FC film, the idea in itself has alot of Potential

The next film should be the FC sequel, that is honestly what i think would have the most benefit for characters like cyclops,jean and storm

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Angamb
Banned User

Where's the "both" option, but not at the same time?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
Project862006
Banned User

i just think there is more potential with original cast since we have the popular characters like

wolverine
iceman
kitty
storm
colossus
rogue
possibly a cyclops return

and the threat of apocalypse storyline

Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
Angamb
Banned User

not to mention that they could get back any of the other x-men from original trilogy and previous movies, like Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler and Gambit.

To have most of the original cast back with today's current effects would be f***** Awesome

Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
magneto23
Side-Kick

As of now, without any knowledge of how DOFP leaves things, I'm going to have to say X-Men: First Class. Simply because you can get more out of the FC cast. Because of their ages, you could potentially work with them for the next 15-20 years making X-Men movies with James, Michael, Nicholas, and Jennifer as the core. FOX could realistically get an easy 5/6 maybe 7 films done with them over that kind of time period. The originals may have potential for a Apocalypse story, but then what? They are past their prime and only have a couple films left in them. I'd rather see them make 6 more potential X-Men movies with FC era than only 3 (generous number) more original cast sequels.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

I voted for the OT cast.

UrbanCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Without knowing how DOFP ends - it easily has to be the First Class cast. They are going to get way more mileage character and storywise out of the younger cast then moving forward with the original cast.

At most, I could see them squeezing out one maybe two more movies with the original cast and if Fox really plans on building their own cinematic universe - that just isn't really worth the investment honestly.

With the First Class cast - and I'm assuming here that DOFP will cause some alternate timeline with them because it almost has too - they could get way more mileage out of that franchise and get away with introducing more characters that we've already seen such as Jean, Storm and Cykes and the young ones Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Angel without being tied down to previous movies.

Not to mention those actors are younger so it's going to be a lot easier to try and tie them down to longer movie contracts. Not to mention doing more movies potentially in the 70s or 80s or even 90s gives them a such a unique perspective and take when compared to current superhero movies.

I think for longevity sake it would certainly have to be the First Class team.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I really have a feeling the next movie after X-force will be a First Class sequel and i mean even if they do continue to make OT films it makes sense why another first class movie would be important to do first and could answer more questions thats left open in the new future created by DOFP, like if cyclops and jean are alive again... how? a FC sequel could explain the different choices made by Xavier with jean, and gives cyclops more backstory, more character and we can see the love story with jean and scott, and creative thinking could fix possibly some of the continuity issues with X3 and Origins and also maybe we can see Mr sinister and the origin of apocalypse, esp if X4 could end up being about him

Since First Class fassbender and Mcavoy have more star power, infact First class may be the reason for that

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-13-2013 at 12:17 PM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #18
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

The "Original X-Men" (Team from Present Era)

I honestly hope at the end of Days of Future Past it stays in the present era. I'm more fond of that cast then the First Class cast.

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
Angamb
Banned User

I want at least one more movie to each cast. Id be really really happy with the whole franchise if we get that.

If they do more than that, including another spin-off appart from X-Force, then it would be heaven

Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I just still don't see the reason WHY they would continue to do separate movies with each cast.

It just seems completely unnecessary and major overload.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #21
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I just still don't see the reason WHY they would continue to do separate movies with each cast.

another FC film could easy be like a prequel to the events of X4 and would actually work well i think

as for how they can continue to make X-men films... i dunno its hard to say, its possible FOX ain't thinking that far ahead

Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

I would have to say the OT characters. I mean FC is okay, but it doesn't match the original movies.

semperfibrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
semperfibrandy
Side-Kick

Quote:

I would agree with this also. You can only tell so many stories from the past. Keep looking to the future.

semperfibrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #24
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:

no if the casts are totally different and set in two tottally different time periods, with different storylines, costumes and all.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfibrandy View Post
I would agree with this also. You can only tell so many stories from the past. Keep looking to the future.
Not really. If the First Class timeline is treated like how Star Trek 2009 was treated then they can tell ANY story they wanted too and not have to erase or harken back to continuity that was established in X1-3 or The Wolverine.