The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #251
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Also, I can't strain enough how perfect Mole Man would be as the villain for this movie. The FF are explorers, and Subterranea offers all sorts of cool environments and creatures for the FF to explore and observe. Mole Man himself offers all sorts of character potential from being shunned his entire life, which is something I think Josh Trank can do wonders with. Let's also not forget that the Mole Man has all sorts of underground beasts that dwell in Subterranea, which can come up to the surface and wreak havoc. His base on Monster Island would also be crazy in a movie. Giant beasts will be perfect following 2013(Pacific Rim) and 2014(Godzilla).

Here are some famous locations in Subterranea:

Quote:
Abandoned City - This was an abandoned city that was once used by the High Evolutionary. It has recently been raised to the surface world in the United States with its inhabitants wanting their city to be declared its own independent nation.

Lechuguilla - One of the Moloid cities in Subterranea.

Meramec - An underwater city that is inhabited by aquatic Moloids.

Valley of Diamonds - A valley made up with many diamonds that are so bright, they can blind anyone that sees it. Anyone who wants to travel through the Valley of Diamonds must have special sunglasses.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 12-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #252
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Yeah the white suits have really grown on me, I'd like to see them onscreen eventually. But I think I would like the blue suits first. I think in a idea situation it would be great to see Fox do Fantastic Four again then the rights go to Marvel which leads to Future Foundation films?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #253
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I actually kind of want them to go right to the White Suits. It would separate them right away from the previous movies. But like I said, I'm cool with either.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #254
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Yeah,The white suits could really pop on screen visually.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #255
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
Yeah,The white suits could really pop on screen visually.
What a nightmare white suits would be for the costume department - keeping them clean and keeping any continuity when they are meant to be dirty - what a headache!

They do look cool - but I would rather see their proper original suits done first and done right - we have not gotten that.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #256
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
What a nightmare white suits would be for the costume department - keeping them clean and keeping any continuity when they are meant to be dirty - what a headache!

They do look cool - but I would rather see their proper original suits done first and done right - we have not gotten that.
They'll have to suck it up and do they're job,but in all seriousness I have no problem with either costume at all.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #257
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

I didn't see a problem with their suits in the old movies.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #258
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Because he's overrated and isn't a good choice for any comic role honestly.

There's some actors who just shouldn't attempt comic movies; he's one of them.
You're not giving a reason why. If you don't like him for some reason, thats just a personal preference. Which is fine, but not an argument against him.

Oh and btw, the guy basically played a superhero in THREE high quality Bourne movies. He's already proven it beyond any doubt. Not your cup of tea I guess, but as i said, thats just your specific, completely subjective bias. Hes a very good (most would say great) actor, with a very broad range, who has experience playing extra-ordinary characters. Full stop.

And the one and only reason why MD will probably never be in an MCU movie is because he's not interested. If Damon called up Feige or Whedon and said he wanted to play a superhero, they wouldnt hesitate to cast him in a future movie.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-17-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #259
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I didn't see a problem with their suits in the old movies.
I assume you mean the Fox movies - and I had no problem with them in that movie either - but they were not the Kirby suits from the comics and those are the ones I would like to see in a movie - specifically the ones featured in FF #3 and 4.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #260
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:

Not just the costume people, but the lighting people will absolutely HATE a director who goes with white suits.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #261
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

They're not very slimming either

Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #262
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If they fight the Trapster, he could have a paintball gun.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #263
Hmarrs
Side-Kick

[/QUOTE]
Quick stupid question.Since I'm not reading the comic.
How come there are only three octogons or cirles on the chest shouldn't it be 4 of them or what purpose do they serve?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #264
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
How come there are only three octogons or cirles on the chest shouldn't it be 4 of them or what purpose do they serve?[/QUOTE]

well... at the time of the suits creation.... Johnny was dead

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #265
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i also find it humorous that in that picture... Sue has a protection/air? force-field on her head... yet neither of her two children or husband have one....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #266
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Maybe she has it so her hair doesn't get messed up.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #267
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Or the lack of oxygen has her unable to make rational decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #268
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmarrs View Post
How come there are only three octogons or cirles on the chest shouldn't it be 4 of them or what purpose do they serve?
At that time they were kind of the Fantastic 3, because Johnny was presumed dead. Instead of just having a three, they had the three octogons, each costume had a different one in one white.

Quote:
Also, I can't strain enough how perfect Mole Man would be as the villain for this movie. The FF are explorers, and Subterranea offers all sorts of cool environments and creatures for the FF to explore and observe. Mole Man himself offers all sorts of character potential from being shunned his entire life, which is something I think Josh Trank can do wonders with. Let's also not forget that the Mole Man has all sorts of underground beasts that dwell in Subterranea, which can come up to the surface and wreak havoc. His base on Monster Island would also be crazy in a movie. Giant beasts will be perfect following 2013(Pacific Rim) and 2014(Godzilla).

Here are some famous locations in Subterranea:
I don't think Mole Man offers that much visually. Different underground areas, sure, but that's about it. I think he's the kind of villain that lends to an origin, because his motivation is so simple and he's one character that can field so much carnage, he leaves room in the film to develop a whole team dynamic.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if the FF had white suits for the reboot. It looks more "sciency" to me. Plus, white isn't really a color we've seen on a superhero in a movie. None that I can recall, at least.

I think the white costumes is a completely inspired idea. They can still have some loose fitting blue jumpsuits at some point of downtime in the film while Reed is testing them or whatever that'd be cool, but the white does a lot to set them apart from the other ones, and despite the headache it would assuredly be, I think it could be very much worth it. Go back to blue for the sequel.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #269
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
At that time they were kind of the Fantastic 3, because Johnny was presumed dead. Instead of just having a three, they had the three octogons, each costume had a different one in one white.

I don't think Mole Man offers that much visually. Different underground areas, sure, but that's about it. I think he's the kind of villain that lends to an origin, because his motivation is so simple and he's one character that can field so much carnage, he leaves room in the film to develop a whole team dynamic.
The different environments of Subterranea have the potential to offer us environments that we've really never seen explored before. Even places like Monster Island and Mole Man's beasts themselves have a lot to offer visually if taken complete advantage of. I agree completely about his simple motivation as well as his origin, and it would be fun to see the FF working as a team to take down giant monsters. I also need to see Reed using some of his inventions in battles as well, and not just his stretching abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think the white costumes is a completely inspired idea. They can still have some loose fitting blue jumpsuits at some point of downtime in the film while Reed is testing them or whatever that'd be cool, but the white does a lot to set them apart from the other ones, and despite the headache it would assuredly be, I think it could be very much worth it. Go back to blue for the sequel.
Agreed. For the sequel if not completely blue or white, I could see them doing a mixture of both colors.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #270
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

It would be cool to see the FF fly into the mouth of a Monster in the Fantasticar. As a matter of fact, the Fantasticar is perfect for maneuvering around monsters.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #271
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if the FF had white suits for the reboot. It looks more "sciency" to me. Plus, white isn't really a color we've seen on a superhero in a movie. None that I can recall, at least.

Heh, gotta do it. Bam.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #272
Thwip!
Side-Kick

I'm all for Mole Man being the villain, Subterranea would be cool visually

Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #273
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Yeah, it would be a lot of fun for the audience to explore Monster Island and Subterranea along with the Fantastic Four.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #274
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Honestly, the closest we got to a Marvel flick featuring heroes fighting a bunch of monsters was Avengers with the Chitauri. Mole Man is kind of needed.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #275
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

They should cast black actors for the remake.Like Will Smith as Mr. Fantastic.

Closed Thread