Avenger

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Why just black actors?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #277
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

No thanks. I like Will Smith but not for Mister Fantastic.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #278
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

changing the whole cast seems a bit much... but, I have considered Dennis Haysbert for Ben

Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #279
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
They should cast black actors for the remake.Like Will Smith as Mr. Fantastic.
......................................Yeah because Amazing Spider-man fans just loved what Sony's doing with Electro.

Hmm...second thought sure why not. And if WIll Smith is too busy why not hire Chris Rock?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #280
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Who ever heard of a bunch of black scientists and pilots?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #281
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Terry Crews as The Thing would guarantee at least one ticket bought.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #282
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
It is true and not true too. The fans aren't totally irrelevant. Movies that keep the Marvel fandom interested and have good writing, visuals/effects and marketing will make the big money. What the fans seem to like seems to be enjoyed also by the GA as was seen with the MCU movies. Now IMO this March release is soley to keep the rights and nothing else. So all the dreams about it being a big budget blockbuster with A list actors and a All CGI thing are pipe dreams at best. When they start fighting over the script and what budget that script will call for is a meltdown waiting to happen. I think Trank wants to make a Good FF movie. But will the Fox budget let him do it??

Hmmm..

Look even though the FF comes out before A2,JL,and SW it'll still suffer. Why because all we'll be talking about are those movies (A2, JL, and SW) that all anyone outside of the fan boards are talking about now. Thats where the GA interest is. FF is going to lose money and thats a fact so, do you really think Fox is going to go all aout to make a good movie? And that is why without Marvel/Disneys direct involvement both story and budget that this film is a failure in the making..

This needs to come out in summer 2016 with all thrusts blazing but they can't do that without holding hands with Marvel..

And before I go

They'll, Fox, have trouble with incorporating Namor, Kree, Black Panther and others in the Lee/Kirby era because of their defiance so I don't know If they can keep it from sucking by keeping with the stories of the Lee/Kirby era
Agreed! Millar made his first big speech the same day that DareDevil reverted back to Marvel and that was to appease FOX shareholders.

But still the 10% (or less) that Marvel would get from this film's box office is an insult at this point. So why should Marvel bother.

FOX is hedging all it bets on Avatar in 2015 so it is safe to say that FOX is just holding on to the rights and nothing more. Millar job is basically to polish a turd.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #283
OB12
Side-Kick

Terry Crews needs to be Luke Cage.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #284
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

No he doesn't.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #285
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Terry Crews is not intimidating enough for Luke Cage plus his already in his mid 40s By the time Marvel get around to making Luke Cage which would be phase 3 at the earliest he would be too old anyway.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #286
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Also, I can't strain enough how perfect Mole Man would be as the villain for this movie. The FF are explorers, and Subterranea offers all sorts of cool environments and creatures for the FF to explore and observe. Mole Man himself offers all sorts of character potential from being shunned his entire life, which is something I think Josh Trank can do wonders with. Let's also not forget that the Mole Man has all sorts of underground beasts that dwell in Subterranea, which can come up to the surface and wreak havoc. His base on Monster Island would also be crazy in a movie. Giant beasts will be perfect following 2013(Pacific Rim) and 2014(Godzilla).

Here are some famous locations in Subterranea:
The problem is Mole Man is a bland, one note villain from the comics, there is no real dynamic between him and the FF, which something you need in a movie. I think they would need to revamp Mole Man and give him more of compelling personality then he has in the 616 comics. Frankly I kinda prefer Ultimate Mole Man to 616 Mole Man.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #287
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

I really do not want Mole Man as the villain, I would much rather them simply continue from where they left off...keep uniforms the same, no need to go back to a 60's look if you are in the 21st Century...I'd rather them head off for space and adventure there....

Old 12-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #288
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
The problem is Mole Man is a bland, one note villain from the comics, there is no real dynamic between him and the FF, which something you need in a movie. I think they would need to revamp Mole Man and give him more of compelling personality then he has in the 616 comics. Frankly I kinda prefer Ultimate Mole Man to 616 Mole Man.
I don't expect them to keep Mole Man 100% like he is in the comics. These adaptions never do that, and for good reason. Like I said, though, I think Mole Man would be in good hands with Trank directing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #289
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I really do not want Mole Man as the villain, I would much rather them simply continue from where they left off...keep uniforms the same, no need to go back to a 60's look if you are in the 21st Century...I'd rather them head off for space and adventure there....
You won't get that with a reboot.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #290
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
You won't get that with a reboot.
They could go to the Negative Zone. I prefer Annihilus to Mole Man, he seems like the FF's most evil and monstrous foe, not mention one of their most powerful foes. In the Annihilation mini series, he had an army of insectoid troops and a weapon that could blow up solar systems. Annihilus might be one of the biggest mass murderers in the MU and unlike Galatcus he has no sympathetic reason to do what he does.

Quote:
I don't expect them to keep Mole Man 100% like he is in the comics. These adaptions never do that, and for good reason. Like I said, though, I think Mole Man would be in good hands with Trank directing.
Do you think they should go with Ultimate Mole Man instead of 616 Mole Man?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #291
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
They could go to the Negative Zone. I prefer Annihilus to Mole Man, he seems like the FF's most evil and monstrous foe, not mention one of their most powerful foes. In the Annihilation mini series, he had an army of insectoid troops and a weapon that could blow up solar systems. Annihilus might be one of the biggest mass murderers in the MU and unlike Galatcus he has no sympathetic reason to do what he does.
He would definitely be my third pick after Doom and Galactus. And Annihilus might be a perfect opening villain to lead in to broader Doom and Galactus stories.

I would love to see something like a four-story arc in which Annihilus is the primary villain of the first film, but we also see some of Reed and Doom's history. Then the second film could be a FF/Doom clash (that may bring in other villains) that concludes in the third film and Surfer/Galactus would be introduced in that third film, then a fourth film with a Surfer/Galactus epic conclusion.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #292
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
He would definitely be my third pick after Doom and Galactus. And Annihilus might be a perfect opening villain to lead in to broader Doom and Galactus stories.

I would love to see something like a four-story arc in which Annihilus is the primary villain of the first film, but we also see some of Reed and Doom's history. Then the second film could be a FF/Doom clash (that may bring in other villains) that concludes in the third film and Surfer/Galactus would be introduced in that third film, then a fourth film with a Surfer/Galactus epic conclusion.
I think there are pluses and minuses for using Annihilus first. Of all "B-list" FF villains, Annihilus is one of my favorites, I find him more compelling and menacing then a lot of other FF villains. I also like Mad Thinker, but I am not sure how they would use him in a film.

The problem is not sure he makes a good starter villain, he a certain way he is more powerful Galactus, considering he has a weapon that blows up solar systems and unlike Galactus he has no reason to restrain himself in using it. That is a pretty epic threat to start off with. Also its harder to build up Dr. Doom as a back ground threat with Annihilus as the main villain, Annihilus and Doom would have no connection, while an Earth bound villain can be Doom's pawn and its easier to have Doom be in the back ground. If Annihilus is trying to blow up a solar system then Reed would be focused on stopping that then remembering about his old roommate in college.

I don't mind using Mole Man as the first villain, so you have enough time to introduce the FF to the audience and see how their family dynamic works and see why the audience should care about these characters. But there still has to be some interesting dynamic between Mole Man and the FF, if FF just want to stop Mole Man because he is "the bad guy" and Mole Man only does bad things because the movie needs a villain, I don't see why I should care about their conflict. I am not saying Mole Man has to be as compelling as Doom, but there should some layer to Mole Man besides being a generic bad guy. I think I like Ultimate Mole man better then regular Mole Man, because he had a better build up as a character.

Annihilus is a better villain, but Mole Man is better starter villain, but Mole Man need a lot of work before his ready to be the main villain in a movie.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #293
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Do you think they should go with Ultimate Mole Man instead of 616 Mole Man?
I wouldn't be against Annihilus, don't know much about him but he sounds awesome. Personally, I'd save him for a third movie with Doom as the main villain in the second, while Mole Man is the villain of the first. He just seems too powerful to start off with, plus I'd rather the FF explore an unknown area on Earth before they venture off to other dimensions/planets.

I think they should definitely go with Ultimate Mole Man if he's the villain chosen.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #294
Thwip!
Side-Kick

If not Mole Man then how about the UnderMiner

:P

Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #295
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
No thank you,I would rather they have no connection to any previous films.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #296
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
......................................Yeah because Amazing Spider-man fans just loved what Sony's doing with Electro.

Hmm...second thought sure why not. And if WIll Smith is too busy why not hire Chris Rock?
Still makes more sense than making someone called the Mandarin Middle eastern. Fans always complain but they will get used to it,Just like the casting of Idris Alba

Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #297
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
If not Mole Man then how about the UnderMiner

:P
im assuming thats a manip?

Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #298
Thwip!
Side-Kick

I would imagine so

Old 12-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #299
TheWatcher
Dapper

Annihilus has the potential to be a really scary villain.

-Christian Bale
Old 12-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #300
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Annihilus has the potential to be a really scary villain.
he has my vote

Closed Thread