The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #351
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Who has the movie rights to the Inhumans?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #352
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Marvel I think

Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #353
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Trapster shooting a substance that is akin to acid that can melt various substances, including people....tell me that wouldn't be dangerous.
But then that also isn't a trap....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #354
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Marvel does for sure. They've been pitching a few inhuman ideas around for a couple years now

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #355
TheWatcher
Dapper

Marvel really needs the rights back to both FF and The X-Men.

Their universe will always seem incomplete without them.

-Christian Bale
Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #356
Project862006
Banned User

^well deal with it being incomplete

they will never get x men back and is this really the thread to be talking about this you have marvel get rights back thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #357
TheWatcher
Dapper

Considering this whole page has been talking about the same thing I think your snippy attitude is not needed.

-Christian Bale
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #358
Project862006
Banned User

no not at all they just asked who had rights to inhumans no one talked about marvel should have the rights back to this or this

take it to another thread

plenty of marvel studio fanboys already derail this thread enough

Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #359
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Marvel really needs the rights back to both FF and The X-Men.

Their universe will always seem incomplete without them.
Have faith, you're not the only one who feels this way and sadly if they do make this movie it'll only be to retain the rights. Not to give FF fans a decent comic book film.

Plus The Wolverine will do nothing box office wise. And The Hobbit 3 will dominate DOFP which will cause FOX to rethink their film strategy.

Worse case scenario we could all get together all dressed up like Avengers holding up Disney signs at FOX/Marvel film premiers singing "Let my people go."

Perhaps then FF will be "Reborn" where it belongs.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #360
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
no not at all they just asked who had rights to inhumans no one talked about marvel should have the rights back to this or this

take it to another thread

plenty of marvel studio fanboys already derail this thread enough
But the ideas were there.

-Christian Bale
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #361
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Marvel really needs the rights back to both FF and The X-Men. Their universe will always seem incomplete without them.
Even if people here keeps mentioning this a billion times, FOX won't give the rights back to Marvel just to please fanboys and to Marvel to make their own movie adaptations. X-Men and Fantastic Four are money makers to FOX and they aren't giving up the rights anytime soon. I don't get why some people still don't see this.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #362
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
X-Men and Fantastic Four are money makers to FOX and they aren't giving up the rights anytime soon.
The FF are money makers to FOX? Well then someone should tell them, cause they sat on the property without doing anything valuable with it way too long.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #363
Project862006
Banned User

^you act like these things happen overnight for example superman reboot had been in development since 2009 and we aint getting film till june of 2013 things take time from studios being confident in the property to story ideas,screen writer,release date,producers,director getting signed,etc.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #364
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
The FF are money makers to FOX? Well then someone should tell them, cause they sat on the property without doing anything valuable with it way too long.
Exactly!

And FOX is barely turning a domestic profit with either of these Marvel franchises.

If they were both superb franchises that banked a lot of cash then this would be a dead issue. But it's clearly not and FOX is scrambling to play catch up with Marvel. And that's only because they clearly feel obligated to and not because they care about those characters held captive.

Dismissing people who simply want an epic interpretation of their favorite comicbook characters as "fanboys" wont change my resolve.

So the question is why aren't more people voicing their opinions?

I only want this franchise to be "reborn", not once again "retarded".

Last edited by YoungPrime; 01-02-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #365
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
^you act like these things happen overnight for example superman reboot had been in development since 2009 and we aint getting film till june of 2013 things take time from studios being confident in the property to story ideas,screen writer,release date,producers,director getting signed,etc.
LOL @ comparing Superman to Fanstastic Four for leverage.

WB's non- Batman comic book films are under just as much pressure (if not more) than FOX is to reach higher results.

The irony being that both are forced to reboot to begin with...But unlike FOX's FF who's just doing this to keep the rights, I have faith in WB's "Man Of Steel" who wish to keep the respect that DK earned.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #366
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
^well deal with it being incomplete

they will never get x men back and is this really the thread to be talking about this you have marvel get rights back thread
Well first, Yes, this is the thread IMO to discuss how lacking the FF universe is without Marvel. You're discussing characters that you only assume they have full rights too but i'll address that later on..

Well one could say the Fox/Marvel is also incomplete if not more to build a successful self contained Marvel Universe. It's actually laughable that they think they can create a Fox Marvel universe to compete/rival Disney/Fox but that leads to my next point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus
X-Men and Fantastic Four are money makers to FOX and they aren't giving up the rights anytime soon.
THIS IS THE FUNNIEST QUOTE THIS YEAR(so far). Here is a business math fact. ready?? wait for it... Breaking even is not making money. In fact breaking even is seen as losing money (you can at least write off a loss to the IRS) because a successful business is based on profits. If your not profiting off your products/movies then why are you putting them out? Well i guess in Fox's FF case just to keep someone else from profiting. So they'll create a incomplete FF franchise. No Inhumans, Namor, and maybe other characters that you may not realize they don't have the rights too because folks here are assuming that they signed the same characters deal with the FF as they did with the X-Men which may not necessarily have been the case. They, Fox, may in fact only own Mole Man,Dr Doom, Galactus and Silver Surfer and no more. Just something to consider being they don't own the Inhumans, Namor and Black Panther which all made their debuts on the pages in the Lee/Kirby era in the FF comic book.

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus
Even if people here keeps mentioning this a billion times, FOX won't give the rights back to Marvel just to please fanboys and to Marvel to make their own movie adaptations. X-Men and Fantastic Four are money makers to FOX and they aren't giving up the rights anytime soon. I don't get why some people still don't see this.
Ha!! Paramount these days have made more profit off of Marvel by giving up the characters/movies then Fox has by playing keep away.. LOL!!! So though you may be right doesn't make Fox seem less foolish about their business decisions on this matter

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #367
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I do see this. I never said it was going to happen, I said I wanted it to happen.

-Christian Bale
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #368
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I don't see how saying you want something like that to happen in this thread achieves anything. We've heard the same thing countless times from posters on here. No need to
uselessly repeat what's been said before. Anyways, Project is right. There's a thread that this can be discussed in.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #369
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't see how saying you want something like that to happen in this thread achieves anything. We've heard the same thing countless times from posters on here. No need to
uselessly repeat what's been said before. Anyways, Project is right. There's a thread that this can be discussed in.
To be fair, pretty much nothing in these forums actually achieves anything. Technically, it's all useless. Except for Marvel Freshman's posts. =)

I think online forums like these are a great place for us users to voice our opinions, and we can agree or disagree with each other. So I guess if an opinion that has been stated countless times before, it's still fair game for someone else who hasn't expressed it for him/herself.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #370
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Well first, Yes, this is the thread IMO to discuss how lacking the FF universe is without Marvel. You're discussing characters that you only assume they have full rights too but i'll address that later on..

Well one could say the Fox/Marvel is also incomplete if not more to build a successful self contained Marvel Universe. It's actually laughable that they think they can create a Fox Marvel universe to compete/rival Disney/Fox but that leads to my next point...

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST QUOTE THIS YEAR(so far). Here is a business math fact. ready?? wait for it... Breaking even is not making money. In fact breaking even is seen as losing money (you can at least write off a loss to the IRS) because a successful business is based on profits. If your not profiting off your products/movies then why are you putting them out? Well i guess in Fox's FF case just to keep someone else from profiting. So they'll create a incomplete FF franchise. No Inhumans, Namor, and maybe other characters that you may not realize they don't have the rights too because folks here are assuming that they signed the same characters deal with the FF as they did with the X-Men which may not necessarily have been the case. They, Fox, may in fact only own Mole Man,Dr Doom, Galactus and Silver Surfer and no more. Just something to consider being they don't own the Inhumans, Namor and Black Panther which all made their debuts on the pages in the Lee/Kirby era in the FF comic book.

And

Ha!! Paramount these days have made more profit off of Marvel by giving up the characters/movies then Fox has by playing keep away.. LOL!!! So though you may be right doesn't make Fox seem less foolish about their business decisions on this matter
Good post.

I hope FOX is limited in which characters they can use since Marvel can clearly utilize the cast of FF better than FOX could.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #371
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
To be fair, pretty much nothing in these forums actually achieves anything. Technically, it's all useless. Except for Marvel Freshman's posts. =)

I think online forums like these are a great place for us users to voice our opinions, and we can agree or disagree with each other. So I guess if an opinion that has been stated countless times before, it's still fair game for someone else who hasn't expressed it for him/herself.
Opinions are fine, it's repeatedly voicing that same opinion that makes it redundant. Regardless of if someone else hasn't mentioned it, many others here have before. It gets annoying to see things like that over and over again in threads like this, especially when there's an entirely separate thread to discuss it in. This thread's about discussing the new FF movies and what we'd like to see in them, not how much we wish it was out of Fox's hands and back at Marvel Studios. Like I said, there's already a thread for that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #372
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Opinions are fine, it's repeatedly voicing that same opinion that makes it redundant. Regardless of if someone else hasn't mentioned it, many others here have before. It gets annoying to see things like that over and over again in threads like this, especially when there's an entirely separate thread to discuss it in. This thread's about discussing the new FF movies and what we'd like to see in them, not how much we wish it was out of Fox's hands and back at Marvel Studios. Like I said, there's already a thread for that.
While I do agree that there is already a forum for wanting "The Rights Back to Marvel" it bears mentioning in respect to The Watchers comment, that the rights issue is a big one in even discussing what you'd want in a Fantastic Four reboot. With the questions (as explained above) about the ambiguous nature of who has the rights to what FF characters then it within the topic, to just mention the wish of the characters to belong to one company is understandable and not off topic under this thread. If the rights were under one owner then one can freely let their imagination flow about what could happen or wish to happen with the FF reboot.

Like I said before that this whole Reboot is shaky at best 3/15 date or not. Everybody is united in wanting a great FF film especially in respect to the company their running with SW,A2 and JL when we know it would be better for this reboot to happen in 2016.

Edit: And to add as long as this thread is, the issues that have arisen are mostly ignored or answered with "get out the thread" like anyone who doubts the validity of the Studio. The studio is the MOVIE as much as Millar and Trank are to this movie. Even more so being out of all the ideas in the script has to be brought to life by a decent budget..

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 01-02-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #373
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
While I do agree that there is already a forum for wanting "The Rights Back to Marvel" it bears mentioning that the rights issue is a big one in even discussing what you'd want in a Fantastic Four reboot. With the questions (as explained above) about the ambiguous nature of who has the rights to what FF characters then it within the rights, to just mention the wish of the characters to belong to one company is understandable and not off topic under this thread. If the rights were under one owner then one can freely let their imagination flow about what could happen or wish to happen with the FF reboot.

Like I said before that this whole Reboot is shaky at best 3/15 dame or not. Everybody is united in wanting a great FF film especially the company their gunning with SW,A2 and JL when we know it would be better for this reboot to happen in 2016.
No, saying how much you wish that FF was back at Marvel Studios along with others makes it repetitious and unnecessary in this thread. Sure, things like wondering if a character used in the FF comics before belongs to MS or Fox is fine, but things like what I'm talking about is just groaning at this point. The thread's already been derailed enough, so I'm gonna stop talking about it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #374
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
No, saying how much you wish that FF was back at Marvel Studios along with others makes it repetitious and unnecessary in this thread. Sure, things like wondering if a character used in the FF comics before belongs to MS or Fox is fine, but things like what I'm talking about is just groaning at this point. The thread's already been derailed enough, so I'm gonna stop talking about it.
And to add. The FF reboot really needs its own Sub Forum like the X-Men IMO.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #375
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
And to add. The FF reboot really needs its own Sub Forum like the X-Men IMO.
Agreed, I thought that it would have had a thread when the movie was officially announced by the studio for a 2015 release. And even though I think JL is coming out in 2015, I don't understand why it has a thread before FF and WB's made no official announcements.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread