Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #451
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Not to mention hearing the words "comedy" and "contemporizing it"....being thrown around.
Where? If somebody (official) has been saying that, I missed the quote.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #452
Blackman
King Kong

I think 15O mill. is a fine budget for this. I dont know why people are acting like thats cheap/not enough

Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #453
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Millar says we will be seeing things we've never seen in a super hero movie before - that could just mean Dr. Doom done right...which would be nice...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #454
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Millar says we will be seeing things we've never seen in a super hero movie before - that could just mean Dr. Doom done right...which would be nice...
Lost me at "Millar says." Dude spouts out anything and everything to get people excited.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #455
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Amen to that...the F4 may be my favorite team and I want them accurately portrayed, but I would give anything to see at last, a proper DOOM with Latveria at his command, armies of robots, genius, hatred of Richards, the whole nine yards, plans of world/universal conquest, and of course a direct comic book look...no reason why it can't work...no taking off the mask and seeing the actors face...once he is scarred...that should be it..a hint of his scarring under his eyes but that's it....an intimidating voice/accent and behold...a villain for the ages!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #456
Destructus86
Side-Kick

It's hard for me to get excited about a FF movie that's not part of the Marvel film universe...

Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #457
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
It's hard for me to get excited about a FF movie that's not part of the Marvel film universe...

Same here. Right now I'm remaining cautiously skeptical until I see a trailer and read the plot summary.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #458
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Millar says we will be seeing things we've never seen in a super hero movie before
That could mean anything from "this will be a spectacle like nothing ever done before" to "We're gonna F this up so badly"

Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #459
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Based on FOX's track record getting excited for a FF movie that's not part of the MCU might as well be quantum physics.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #460
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Here's what he said...

http://collider.com/fantastic-four-r...millar/222806/

Quote:
FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot Will Include “Stuff You Haven’t Seen in a Superhero Movie Before”

by Adam Chitwood Posted: January 9th, 2013 at 10:32 am

As we look forward to a number of superhero films hitting theaters this year, there’s also plenty by way of costumed characters heading our way in 2014 and 2015 as well. One such anticipated property is 20th Century Fox’s reboot of Fantastic Four. The studio tapped Chronicle director Josh Trank to take the helm, and the project was recently given a March 2015 release date. As comics guru Mark Millar was just hired on at Fox as their creative consultant on all things Marvel, the talkative creative has been privy to all the in-the-works projects, including Fantastic Four. Now Millar has spoken up a bit about the reboot, teasing what fans can expect from Trank’s iteration of the characters. Hit the jump to see what he had to say.

During an interview with SciFiNow, Millar revealed that Trank is working on contemporizing the story:
“From what I’ve seen and from talking to him – he and I have had dinner a couple of times and we talk quite regularly as well – he’s contemporizing it. I think he’s just making it work for the screen – he’s a great storyteller.”
He went on to talk about the pic’s tone, teasing that it will include elements that have yet to grace the silver screen:
“What I wasn’t expecting actually was just how funny and likeable he could make this as well as getting the more awesome moments on screen – I use awesome in the traditional British sense and not the California sense awesome, you know? The Ridley Scott moments, and the Fantastic Four really are jaw-dropping in the same way you feel when you saw Alien for the first time. There’s some moments in this – not to be specific – that are actually gonna be phenomenal on screen and stuff you haven’t seen in a superhero movie before.”
Hopefully we hear more about the project as it moves closer to production. The Fantastic Four will open on March 6, 2015.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #461
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

If its "stuff we havent seen" sounds like negative zone to me

Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #462
Mr. Dent

He means in terms of effects not the story/adaptation of the story. It's not like we've seen an accurate depiction of Doom's origin on screen anyway.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #463
Number 6
Be seeing you

My main hope for this movie is no origin. I just want to jump right into it. I doubt that'll happen, but it's a hope. Origin or not, goddammit, I just want to explore some weird place with weird things and be all sci-fiy. All I'm asking.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #464
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm okay with an origin story as long as its done in a new way. Not everyone knows how they got their powers after all.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #465
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Film Promotion 101 - say your movie has stuff in it that's never been seen before on celluloid; therefore, colour me unimpressed by Millar's words at this point.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #466
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Film Promotion 101 - say your movie has stuff in it that's never been seen before on celluloid; therefore, colour me unimpressed by Millar's words at this point.
He actually said stuff that hasn't been seen in a superhero movie before, which is not nearly as grand a claim, and as someone else said, sounds like it could be the negative zone. Hell, we haven't even seen a superhero movie properly set in outer space yet.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #467
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

well one thing we have not seen in a superhero movie before is pretty much anything having to do with the FF done right - so it could mean ANYTHING!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #468
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
well one thing we have not seen in a superhero movie before is pretty much anything having to do with the FF done right - so it could mean ANYTHING!
Well, they got some stuff right in the other films, the team was done pretty well overall, esp Johnny and Ben, Reed was fine, and I dunno about Sue, most of my FF comics are very old, and they kind of had her as a background character much of the time, so I can't really say how well they adapted the character. but JA gets far too much flack on the net for her acting in the films, she did fine.

No point in commenting about Doom is there? lol, JMM is a good actor, but the character was turned into just another sleazy businessman type, Doom needs to be a grand operatic megalomaniacal mystical mad scientist.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #469
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinScrier View Post
Amen to that...the F4 may be my favorite team and I want them accurately portrayed, but I would give anything to see at last, a proper DOOM with Latveria at his command, armies of robots, genius, hatred of Richards, the whole nine yards, plans of world/universal conquest, and of course a direct comic book look...no reason why it can't work...no taking off the mask and seeing the actors face...once he is scarred...that should be it..a hint of his scarring under his eyes but that's it....an intimidating voice/accent and behold...a villain for the ages!!!
AMEN Brotha!!! Not to mention a Baxter Building that looks like the comics! They did Stark Tower didnt they???

I wanna see the Negative Zone Chamber.....their pogo plane .....so much was let out of those 2 films.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #470
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
here in Southern California, awesome means a whole lot.

despite my suspicions of assery, i've always given him a lot of credit for Kick Ass, which i think was one of the best comic book movies they've made yet, but this dumb**** gang bang on LA is I think the last straw on this camel's back.

Millar's a dickbag. as in a bag full of *****.
go **** yourself Millar, just go for it. it really hasn't stopped u so far.

you will never even begin to be able to comprehend what the words 'awesome' and 'rad' truly mean. so go **** yourself, kimosabe.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #471
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Based on how verbal Millar has been, I suspect his hiring may have been a public relations move as much as anything. They want people like us to know they have a 'comic book guy' on it.

Based on the comments I've seen so far, it seems that strategy may not be working.

But to be fair, we can be a bunch of ***** and would probably find fault with just about anything and anybody.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #472
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

GEEZ I hope he's not really doing FF

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #473
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Based on how verbal Millar has been, I suspect his hiring may have been a public relations move as much as anything. They want people like us to know they have a 'comic book guy' on it.

Based on the comments I've seen so far, it seems that strategy may not be working.

But to be fair, we can be a bunch of ***** and would probably find fault with just about anything and anybody.
I agree you can't please everyone Willie but come on, Millar? no thanks

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #474
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
I thought Ben and Johnny's personalities were pretty spot on. Especially in the first movie.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #475
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I wonder who's gonna be the villain for this movie. Doom would be the obvious choice but I want to see someone that I haven't seen before in the previous Fantastic Four films.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Closed Thread