Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #476
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
here in Southern California, awesome means a whole lot.

despite my suspicions of assery, i've always given him a lot of credit for Kick Ass, which i think was one of the best comic book movies they've made yet, but this dumb**** gang bang on LA is I think the last straw on this camel's back.

Millar's a dickbag. as in a bag full of *****.
go **** yourself Millar, just go for it. it really hasn't stopped u so far.

you will never even begin to be able to comprehend what the words 'awesome' and 'rad' truly mean. so go **** yourself, kimosabe.
Really, all that was needed? Chill out....

Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #477
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I thought Ben and Johnny's personalities were pretty spot on. Especially in the first movie.
Oh, I did too - that's why I said "pretty much" - actually every time I catch either FF on FX or where ever I find myself liking them more than I remembered, but they still miss the mark of what they should have been - they need to aim for IRON MAN good...

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #478
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I thought Ben and Johnny's personalities were pretty spot on. Especially in the first movie.
This is one of the few things they got right.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #479
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I think Johnny and Ben were also done well in the first movie. It was a little irritating though because it seemed that they didn't know whether to make Johnny more of a teenager, or an adult. He seemed caught in between at times. BUT, their relationship, I thought was done well. Sue and Johnny's relationship was written horribly, so badly that it seemed the actors even had a hard time swallowing what they were saying. I thought their relationship was much better in the 2nd movie. Sue was a b***h in both movies, which is SO NOT SUE. AND IN MY OPINION they really failed on one of the sweetest friendships in comicdom and that was Sue and Ben...there was one scene in the first movie that ALMOST HIT IT, and nothing in the second. Reed was just there, there was nothing outstanding in either movie about him, which was sad.

I had no problem with Sue being a scientist, etc....I did have a problem with her being a total b***h to everyone.

I had no problem with what Ben looked like, but I did have a problem with Michael's whining about it in the commentary. He was the one that insisted on no CGI, so he should have sucked it up, and shut up.

I had no problem with Johnny at all really, I thought Chris did a fantastic job with the character, but I thought he was very unprofessional in how he promoted or didn't promote the 2nd movie. I love him as Captain America though, so he redeemed himself. : )

Ioan Gruffund was just as much a "meh" in promotion as his character was in the movies. I think the main problem for him was the constant rewrites of the script for him. Reed's abilities seemed to be used more as a "carnival side show" more than actual superhero use. I did like him better in the 2nd movie though.

MAIN PROBLEM WITH THE FIRST MOVIE....for me was the cuts they made in editing. Those deleted scenes should have NEVER been cut.

MAIN PROBLEM WITH THE SECOND MOVIE....Sue scared the hell out of me in the first half of the movie. Her makeup and hair looked more like "Sue does Sacramento" than Sue. 2nd half of the movie, was much better. Loved the scene where she dies in Reed's arms...well done.

My hope for the 2nd movie is better casting. I enjoy movies from all the actors in the first movie, but other than Chris Evans, I was a little shocked at the choices. Very shocked at Jessica Alba. I had no problem with her portrayal, since was she was given in the script was pure crap, but was surprised at that casting. My hope is that they are able to get some great people, and the less than exciting run of the first 2 movies doesn't run them off.

Last edited by Kelly; 01-13-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #480
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I liked the two FF4 films, like Green Lantern they were fine for what they were.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #481
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I agree you can't please everyone Willie but come on, Millar? no thanks

I've been having fears of Goat-leg Doom ever since the announcement.

But we'll see.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #482
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I think Johnny and Ben were also done well in the first movie.
I agree, but I would add that I think there was too much of it.

It's like in Star Trek when Spock and Bones go at it - those are some great moments. But it can't be all the time. It's like a spice and it should be used sparingy so as not to overwhelm.

And I'd agree with just about all of your other points as well.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #483
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I've been having fears of Goat-leg Doom ever since the announcement.

But we'll see.
I hear ya...my fear is that they will retread Doom's Ultimate origin again (i.e. being created with the team, etc) and have him become Victor Van Damme and be goat leg von doom...shudders....

Whenever Doom finally appears, whether its the first movie or the second, acknowledge his Gypsy roots, his ties to Richards in college, the explosion, the making of his armor, his rise to the Latverian throne, and his plans for conquest...not to mention his magic/science connection and his armies of robots..

Old 01-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #484
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I agree, but I would add that I think there was too much of it.

It's like in Star Trek when Spock and Bones go at it - those are some great moments. But it can't be all the time. It's like a spice and it should be used sparingy so as not to overwhelm.

And I'd agree with just about all of your other points as well.
If you remember in my critique of the movie, I did an approximate # of minutes per character, etc....and yeah, I stated there that it was definitely a Ben and Johnny movie the first time around. That was my biggest slam of the movie.

I think what pissed me off the most was the scene after the motorcycle rally, the scene with Ben and Sue could have been one of the best scenes in the movie had they NOT had it in the middle of a crowd (too many stupid faces on the extras, just a bad set up) and it could have been very poignant, the point when Sue REALLY DOES BEGIN to understand where Ben is coming from and really becomes his biggest ally, biggest protector of his emotions so to speak, but as happened with many of the scenes, they were great appetizers, but no meat, absolutely nothing was fleshed out...ever.

Last edited by Kelly; 01-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 AM   #485
Project862006
Banned User

what about Eric Bana as Reed Richards i think he deserves another shot as a superhero

also how about Rachael McAdams as sue!!

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #486
soundofyousick
Banned User

Eric Bana as Reed would be a mis-cast, he would be better as a comic-book character who is more of a bruiser, or perhaps one who uses humour, or both.
He would make a good Punisher, but I doubt they would make a Pun movie with the required budget for an A-list actor, but if The Punisher was an antagonist in a Daredevil movie, if they adapted the Frank Miller story drugs story, that would be interesting.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #487
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Based on how verbal Millar has been, I suspect his hiring may have been a public relations move as much as anything. They want people like us to know they have a 'comic book guy' on it.

Based on the comments I've seen so far, it seems that strategy may not be working.

But to be fair, we can be a bunch of ***** and would probably find fault with just about anything and anybody.
Yeah and that's because he doesn't sound genuine when it comes to these FOX films. All you have to do is visit his Twitter page to find out where his passion truly lies.

Meaning that it's clearly obvious that Kickass 2 is his baby. Whereas the obligatory "BTW, just got off the phone with Vaughn/Mangold/Trank and X-men: DOFP/Wolverine/FF reboot is going to be EPIC!" rant once a week is getting tired.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 01-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #488
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I am so tired of seeing McAdams name brought up for every role. It's kinda rude I said it but I just got fed up. Sorry.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #489
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I wouldn't want McAdams for the part...I would much rather have Elizabeth Banks

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #490
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

So Fantastic Four still hasn't gotten its own thread? I could have sworn I heard that the mods were supposed to have discussed this already...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #491
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
So Fantastic Four still hasn't gotten its own thread? I could have sworn I heard that the mods were supposed to have discussed this already...
We are, it takes a little time and we have to wait for an ok from the owner of the site. That alone sometimes takes a few weeks.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #492
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
We are, it takes a little time and we have to wait for an ok from the owner of the site. That alone sometimes takes a few weeks.
Oh, all right. At least it's being discussed by you guys for the time being, then. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #493
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think by "stuff we havent seen before" they mean Fantastic Four will be more exploration driven than battling evil. Which gives me a little hope for the film. F4 have never been my favorite team-up or comic books, but thats something I'd like to see.

For instance, there is a worldly apocalyptic disaster or event that they have to remedy rather than a villain to conquer. Doom should still be involved (cuz he's awesome) but idk how...

Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #494
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think by "stuff we havent seen before" they mean Fantastic Four will be more exploration driven than battling evil. Which gives me a little hope for the film. F4 have never been my favorite team-up or comic books, but thats something I'd like to see.

For instance, there is a worldly apocalyptic disaster or event that they have to remedy rather than a villain to conquer. Doom should still be involved (cuz he's awesome) but idk how...
millar has already explained the "stuff we haven't seen before" in the context of the F4's fantastical explorations and kirby's drawings...

imo it's pretty safe to say we are getting the negative zone. We've yet to see a superhero team go into another dimension

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #495
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
millar has already explained the "stuff we haven't seen before" in the context of the F4's fantastical explorations and kirby's drawings...

imo it's pretty safe to say we are getting the negative zone. We've yet to see a superhero team go into another dimension
oh sorry. I havent been following F4 news that closely. like I said, not my favorite. But thats good news.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #496
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

Yep, I do think the Negative Zone is coming but not for the first movie. I'd rather they explored Subterranea for this one.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #497
Blackman
C'mon Son

my vote is for the N-Zone.
N-Zone, Latveria, Space.

Subterranea/Mole Men doesnt seem all that interesting to me. I actually think it's a bad move to use them

Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #498
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yep, I do think the Negative Zone is coming but not for the first movie. I'd rather they explored Subterranea for this one.
I don't think showing the audience the troll market in hellboy 2 again is "showing something new" lol ;p

Atlantis would be great, but thankfully marvel has namor.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #499
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

the only thing I liked from the "ultimate" FF was linking their origin to the Negative Zone - this was an update that made sense, or at least worked well enough, since the cosmic ray angle might not work as well as it did before maned space flight.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #500
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
I wouldn't want McAdams for the part...I would much rather have Elizabeth Banks
they look like twins at times imo lol i thought it was mcadams in my idiot brother lol

dont get me wrong banks is my #1 choice but i think fox will want a bigger name they did get actors like mcavoy,fassbender,bacon in fc

Last edited by Project862006; 01-15-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Closed Thread