We have a forum now people.awesome.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #502
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
We have a forum now people.awesome.
Yes The FF has a forum now.. Now I can avoid this place cause the misguided, positive discussion the FF reboot that is a train wreck guaranteed to happen without the MCU cause, we know if Marvel doesn't play the chicken game with Fox then they'll just put out a low budget crapfest that I think Josh Trank will walk from before he'll put his name and career on.

So talk about which A list actors should be cast, Negative Zone effects and a all CGI Thing with a 150mil dollar budget. Lets talk about the Lee/ Kirby comics when more than half of the Lee/Kirby villians and aliies (Namor,The inhumans, Black Panther, etc) belong to Marvel

This Movie is gonna be the GEM OF THE BLOCKBUSTERS OF 2015!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #503
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Yes The FF has a forum now.. Now I can avoid this place cause the misguided, positive discussion the FF reboot that is a train wreck guaranteed to happen without the MCU cause, we know if Marvel doesn't play the chicken game with Fox then they'll just put out a low budget crapfest that I think Josh Trank will walk from before he'll put his name and career on.

So talk about which A list actors should be cast, Negative Zone effects and a all CGI Thing with a 150mil dollar budget. Lets talk about the Lee/ Kirby comics when more than half of the Lee/Kirby villians and aliies (Namor,The inhumans, Black Panther, etc) belong to Marvel

Well, then I'm sure you won't be spending much time in here....enjoy your time elsewhere.

On second thought, I have a funny feeling we will see you here everyday....

Last edited by Kelly; 01-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #504
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well, then I'm sure you won't be spending much time in here....enjoy your time elsewhere.

On second thought, I have a funny feeling we will see you here everyday....
Truth be told I'll read the comments like I always do (like i do the X-Men forums) and roll my eyes afterwards leaving no evidence that i arrived..

No attack on anyone but I just wanted to set realistic expectations for those who hold out hope of a blockbuster FF reboot done right..

I will show up to say I told you so...

Make mines Marvel..

Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #505
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Though I agree with you that I would much rather this be done with Marvel, IF some enjoy this reboot, and give their opinion of it....I'm sure we can all respect that opinion, whether we agree with it or not.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #506
JP
To me

Thanks mods (and Kelly!) for the forum.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #507
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

thanks for the forum! I'm excited for this movie. I actually enjoyed the f4 movies for what they were

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #508
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Cool. There's the door.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #509
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Jesus now that we have a FF forum can't we stop all the negativity.The reboot has a release date.And It's coming In 2 years.

At least we have chance some of Lee/Kirby FF will be adopted.Disney and Feige seem to want to primarly adapt ultimate line.

It's funny how Marvel wants to adopt mark Millar's work instead of classic marvel and now because he doesn't go along with their antifox rants he's attacked and every marvel film from Iron Man to The Avengers Is based partly on his work In Ultimate universe.

Consiering how I feel the well done X-Men films(X2,first Class,X-Men) are better than most of marvel studios films I am going to give Josh Tank and his team a chance.

I don't want the FF to end like Namor,The Inhumans,black panther,Dr Strange,Luke Cage,Blade,The Punisher,Daredevil.Sitting on shelf with no plans.

Hoping for a collorpse of FF or even worse It flopping makes no sense.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #510
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Collider:
Joshua Jackson Talks about the FRINGE Series Finale, Peter’s Role in the Two-Hour Episode, Comparisons to DAWSON’S CREEK and FRINGE’s Legacy in TV History

Quote:
What was always interesting to me about Fringe was that, even though the larger story was as big as it could possibly be, like saving the universe and dopplegangers, and all the rest of it, the beating heart of the story was always this family tale.
I hope Trank and Slater are taking notes. This is what the FF should be like.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #511
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:

Did you just comment about how you won't be commenting? You're fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #512
Jordacar
The Endless One

I've been thinking, if Marvel wants to get on the CG cartoon bandwagon (ie, make their answer to Green Lantern: TAS), an FF show would be the perfect candidate. Does Fox still own the TV/animation rights? Would it be like "Spectacular Spider-Man" all over again?

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #513
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
I've been thinking, if Marvel wants to get on the CG cartoon bandwagon (ie, make their answer to Green Lantern: TAS), an FF show would be the perfect candidate. Does Fox still own the TV/animation rights? Would it be like "Spectacular Spider-Man" all over again?
No, Fox does not own the animation rights. If they did, the FF wouldn't have been able to appear in EMH.

And I hope Marvel never hops on that bandwagon for their tv shows.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #514
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
No, Fox does not own the animation rights. If they did, the FF wouldn't have been able to appear in EMH.

And I hope Marvel never hops on that bandwagon for their tv shows.
Unless they go bankrupt again, they won't need to.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #515
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Unless they go bankrupt again, they won't need to.
I hope not. Shouldn't be a problem with Disney behind them, but even then, they're starting to do computer animation with projects like that upcoming Hulk/Ironman movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #516
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
You can kind of cast the whole Fantastic Four from Fringe, if you want. Joshua Jackson as Reed, Anna Torv as Sue, Lance Reddick as Ben, Seth Gabel as Johnny, and John Noble as Doom.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #517
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
You can kind of cast the whole Fantastic Four from Fringe, if you want. Joshua Jackson as Reed, Anna Torv as Sue, Lance Reddick as Ben, Seth Gabel as Johnny, and John Noble as Doom.
Hmmmm...no not really. Joshua Jackson is no where near a Reed, and Anna Torv, IMO is not a Sue type...pretty much blonde hair and that's about it. and look luck selling Reddick as Ben, I see no problem with it, but it would be a hard sell for some, Seth Gabel is your closest chance at someone from Fringe in F4.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #518
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Torv is too good to play Sue, honestly.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #519
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I don't see them casting an actress older than 30 unless they can get a prestigious actress like Amy Adams to be honest. I think they learned their lesson with Alba though so I believe the next actress will be at least a decent actress. Lets look at how they cast the main female actresses in First Class. They got a strong critically acclaimed T.V actress in Rose Bryne and an Oscar nominated new comer in Jennifer Lawrence. Now they did get Jones from Mad Men who sucks in anything not named Mad Men and Zoe Kravitz but there roles are as bad guys and are not as big as Lawrence and Byrne 's. My point is the casting of the lead females was very good and I expect the same for FF, now if they have a female villian I would worry. I didn't have a problem with Kravitz to be honest.

I guess I kinda proved they could go with a T.V actress and maybe they won't be as worried or sexist about age as I suspect they are.

Personally I expect them to go the Lawrence route and go after a young buzzed about actress like Elizabeth Olsen.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #520
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I don't see them casting an actress older than 30 unless they can get a prestigious actress like Amy Adams to be honest. I think they learned their lesson with Alba though so I believe the next actress will be at least a decent actress. Lets look at how they cast the main female actresses in First Class. They got a strong critically acclaimed T.V actress in Rose Bryne and an Oscar nominated new comer in Jennifer Lawrence. Now they did get Jones from Mad Men who sucks in anything not named Mad Men and Zoe Kravitz but there roles are as bad guys and are not as big as Lawrence and Byrne 's. My point is the casting of the lead females was very good and I expect the same for FF, now if they have a female villian I would worry. I didn't have a problem with Kravitz to be honest.

I guess I kinda proved they could go with a T.V actress and maybe they won't be as worried or sexist about age as I suspect they are.

Personally I expect them to go the Lawrence route and go after a young buzzed about actress like Elizabeth Olsen.
Well, honestly most of the viable actresses out there today, as far as my opinion, are pretty much all over 30. except for someone maybe like, Teresa Palmer.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #521
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #522
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I don't even know what that means....

Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #523
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

It means I'd rather Torv play a character that is remotely interesting.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #524
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
It means I'd rather Torv play a character that is remotely interesting.
Still have no clue what you are talking about...

Apparently Sue Storm is remotely interesting to some, because her evolution over the decades has actually been used in college classes to show the evolution of women throughout the late 20th Century into the 21st Century. Sorry that you can't see that as an interest of yours. Does she need to shoot something or stab it?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #525
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Still have no clue what you are talking about...

Apparently Sue Storm is remotely interesting to some, because her evolution over the decades has actually been used in college classes to show the evolution of women throughout the late 20th Century into the 21st Century. Sorry that you can't see that as an interest of yours. Does she need to shoot something or stab it?
Both of which she can and has done.

Which is another thing: the writers need to avoid an excess of damsel-ness. Yes, Sue spent the first couple years as a pure useless damsel type. However, she then grew into being a strong heroine, with both courage and power. That is the person the readers actually like, and that is the portrayal that will go over far better with the audience.

Closed Thread