Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #51
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Not to mention Thor 2 in November. The only movies coming out in summer for Marvel is Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2.
This.

Why do you guys think because the reboot is getting a March 2015 release means it's getting a lower budget? With all the CGI effects needed to make the reboot possible (and especially with higher prices CGI houses require), there's no way Fox will be able to make the reboot for less than $150M-$175M.

Unless Fox films it entirely in a cheap country like South Africa, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, or Romania... I can't see it costing less.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #52
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
EDIT: The Iron Man franchise is not drawing to a close. And honestly the more I think about it the more I feel like the Avengers and FF being on the screen at the same time feels cheesy as ****. And how would Avengers overshadow FF after two months? Movies only have about a two month lifespan at the theaters in the first place. :/
I don't hate Fox, and I am looking forward to DOFP. I just think the FFs best chance for success is within the MCU.

For pretty much all franchises not named Harry Potter or Star Wars, you are winding down once you hit the third installment.

I would love to see the extended FF, with Panther & the Surfer, throw down against the Avengers onscreen. But that may just be me.

I think it would be difficult for many people to convince their spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/life partner, who may not post on Superherohype, to see two superhero team ups within a few months time. A reboot of a weaker franchise is in an uphill battle, and people who aren't in love with the genre are likely to wait for Marvel's wildly anticipated sequel.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #53
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
From a business standpoint why would Marvel lift a finger to help FOX out of their mess?

This option would help FOX way more than it would Marvel, keep in mind Marvel only gets a measly 10% of box office revenues from FF if that. So again why should Marvel bother??? That 10% is barely a years worth of office supplies to them.

Marvel is doing their thing regardless and FOX is the one's playing catch up. So if Marvel takes over, I think they should reap all the benefits not just a fraction.

This here is the best recourse. But I doubt either will hear it at this point. But I'm almost certain that FF reboot will fail for obvious reasons. This is an unfortunate waste of time since I'd prefer seeing a well done Marvel FF film persevere.
Obviously, Marvel won't be cutting any deals with Fox unless it increases the company's stake in the FF films and or sets an expiration date on the movie rights. I just think it makes too much sense for the companies to make a deal.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #54
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

we should be getting the cast announcement by the summer im guessing right? or is that too far away?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #55
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I don't hate Fox, and I am looking forward to DOFP. I just think the FFs best chance for success is within the MCU.
This is what it comes down to for me. They can do what ever they want with X-men and it's horrible continuity but FF has a chance at redeeming itself far beyond what ever Fox can throw together at the last minute.

So here's to Disney or WB throwing a big name franchise out there on the same day to bury it.

Josh Trank is a cool director but I would've had more love him if had done the Red Star film or even Venom instead of this one.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #56
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
we should be getting the cast announcement by the summer im guessing right? or is that too far away?
I think you're right on the money. The prep time Trank needs on the reboot will be lengthier than what he did for Chronicle, but he'll need the cast in place well before then for obvious reasons.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they started shooting later next year to maximize post-production time. And if Trank manages to base shooting in South Africa, the conversion rate is very favorable to the U.S. dollar. One SA online article stated that the Chronicle production spent around 50-75M South African rand, which translates to $5.7M-$8.6M for filming alone.

Obviously, if the reboot shoots in South Africa, they'll spend a lot more than $10M filming there... but it'd be very cost-efficient. The shoot wouldn't be rushed, and they can certainly stretch their dollars. That way, they'll have enough money to spend on good CGI houses.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #57
Project862006
Banned User

hope the aim for some big names like a charlize theron for sue storm type of casting

Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #58
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I would love to see Andrew Lincoln as Reed Richards.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #59
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Avengers was light and so were the Tim Story FF movies.

The difference was execution.
Well the problem with the original FF movies is they felt like a sit com, rather then a serious sci fi film. There is a huge middle ground between grim and gritty and a sit com, a new FF movie has to be in that middle ground.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #60
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Again, why does it have a release date? And more importantly, why does it have the date so early?

Fox must like Trank's pitch and Slater's rewrite, and they want it to do well without opening after The Avengers 2. Of course, they could be down to producing the film quickly just to keep the rights... like Sony did for Ghost Rider 2. But if that was the case, wouldn't they schedule a late 2014 date instead?

But since Trank is attached to direct... I don't think it's going to be a rush job. Fox so far has been two for two in terms of successful reboots... Rise of the Apes and X-Men: First Class.

If the trend continues, Fox is on the right course.
A release date means nothing

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #61
Project862006
Banned User

we have a director,screen writer,release date and you haters still say it wont happen lololol

the haters will still doubt it even with a trailer and set photos lol

Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #62
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

Reed - Adrien Brody
Sue - Melissa George
Johnny - Alex Russell, Jeremy Sumpter
Ben - Brendan Fraser (motion capture)
Victor - Jason Isaacs, James Purefoy, William Fichtner

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #63
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
we have a director,screen writer,release date and you haters still say it wont happen lololol
Spider-Man 4 ring a bell? How about The Lone Ranger for a while last year?

Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #64
Project862006
Banned User

sami raimi got fired people here just dont want it to happen not because it will be delayed or because director will leave or budget will go out of control or the rights will go up but because they want marvel to make it

thats all it really is they have no factual reason behind it that it wont happen but fox hatred and marvel should have it back

hell 99% of SHH said kick ass 2 wasn't gonna happen

Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #65
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Oh my it's confirmed? What studio?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #66
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
This is what it comes down to for me. They can do what ever they want with X-men and it's horrible continuity but FF has a chance at redeeming itself far beyond what ever Fox can throw together at the last minute.
How the hell is a movie that's still three years away, "thrown together at the last minute.....?"

And LOL at the "GET MARVEL RIGHTS BACK!!!" blinkered lot here. As others have already pointed out, Marvel Studios makes TWO FREAKIN' MOVIES A YEAR. Period. If and when they get FF back, either FF gets buried on the Island of Lost Superheroes (tm) who will never see the light of day because of such a limited release schedule; or FF gets made at the expense of some other franchise that gets kicked to the backburner.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #67
Project862006
Banned User

^dont you get it a screen writer a director and a release date of 2015 means they are rushing it

LOLOL

i guess james cameron rushed avatar

Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #68
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Oh my it's confirmed? What studio?
Fox

Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #69
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Spider-Man 4 ring a bell? How about The Lone Ranger for a while last year?
That was a completely different studio and politics at work there -- Sony and Avi Arad made a boneheaded move overruling Raimi even after he delivered three blockbuster Spidey films in a row (and not giving him creative freedom). And Raimi made the smart choice to leave on his own terms.

Disney should've put the kibosh on The Lone Ranger while it was in development... you don't NEED a freaking Western that costs $200M, let alone $215M-$250M. Westerns are made for a fraction of that price... you don't need movie stars, money-hungry producers or huge CGI setpieces for a low-tech film like that.

Fox is a different, more accommodating studio now. Tom Rothman will be out by the time this pic starts shooting.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #70
The Villain
Side-Kick

Well I know Dr Doom is a classic baddie but I hope others will get a look at instead.

Maybe less of a threat but I would hope characters like The Wizard, Annihilus, Mole Man may get a decent script or nod from producers etc.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #71
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Somebody get Lee Pace for Reed Richards if he doesn't get the lead role in Guardians of the Galaxy. Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 reminded me how much I love him.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #72
Project862006
Banned User

even tho he is a good actor he may be a bit too young if Ioan Gruffudd was seen as too young lee sure as hell would

Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #73
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
even tho he is a good actor he may be a bit too young if Ioan Gruffudd was seen as too young lee sure as hell would
If the cast older fine but in this youth obsessed hollywood I don't expect them to unless they can get a huge star.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #74
Jordacar
The Endless One

I dunno, RDJ was already past 40 when he first played Tony.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #75
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Fox
Ouch. Well, they handled most of X Men well.