Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #776
fangz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Im not happy with the casting rumor and find it offensive. Its offensive that Hollywood is far too afraid to make a film featuring some of the great black superheroes and instead cast black actors in white roles.... I'd be vastly offended to be a black actor taking on a predominantly white role, color blind casting is great in some roles, but in other's it's completely outside of the character. Its one thing when its a villain ( kingpin) or a character based on another version of the character (nick fury) but to make two blonde hair, blue eyed iconic heroes another race is pretty upsetting.... Id be fine if it were Ben, but johnny (and presumably sue) no no no. I don't want a white t'challa , Asian superman, native American sunfire , or a latino Luke cage either........

People were passed enough about Jessica alba as sue.... This would be a horrible move for fox to make imo.
oh good god, just shut up with that...

Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #777
Project862006
Banned User

with MBJ rumor now get Paula Patton and Tom Cruise and Sue Storm and Reed Richards

Old 05-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #778
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Here we go again....lol another thread taken over by a rumor. Wow......very interesting. It's going to be an interesting few months. Actually looking forward to it, with alittle apprehension... ; )

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #779
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
you should probably leave the hype then... you won't like to be here if that casting is true.

I like iconic characters to look iconic and familiar, no matter what the physical appearance. It's just as much about the over all look of the character as it is the way they act. Johnny storm isn't just recognizable by "flaming on"

his casting wont feel familiar to me at all... and i'd rather we get the F4 done "right" before we go off and make bizarre casting choices.

he's a great actor and i'm a fan of the guy ever since he was on Parenthood, but johnny storm he's not.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #780
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
Everyone here is entitled to their opinion as long as it is given with respect, telling someone to shut up is not a respectful way of giving your opinion. Learn how, or move on.....

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #781
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
with MBJ rumor now get Paula Patton and Tom Cruise and Sue Storm and Reed Richards
Dat dress on her...

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #782
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'll never ever complain about Hollywood giving black actors work. Not rappers or singers but real black actors.

I don't care what the purists or the racists think. And I'm not calling anybody here racist but that "I don't care if they cast black actors in side roles" talk is bunk coming from some people. There were many people whining about a very, very side character being played by a black actor (who was awesome in the role) in Thor. I saw pages of whining about it. When a freaking great Oscar nominated actor was cast as Perry White, there was whining (lucky it was much less than the uproar for Thor) about how his last name meant the character shouldn't be black which is B.S.

A lot of people seem to care even if it is a side character. So yeah most of you do not care but I've heard an awful lot of complaining about side characters being made black or any other race besides white to be honest.

And to reiterate again I'm not calling anyone racist here and I would never blindly call someone racist. Are there racist Hypesters? Of course there are and I've called one out before.

I think the vast majority of people on here are just purists though, which I am to a reasonable degree.

Personally, I'm enjoying the color blind casting. I love that Fishbourne is Perry White, I love that the late MCD was cast as Kingpin, eventhough he was wrong for the role because he couldn't convicingly play evil, I'm glad that Alica Masters was played by Kerry Washington and it's neat that Jamie Fox gets to play Electro. I also would love to see more latinos, Asians and others get in on the action. I love diversity. America isn't all white and the world isn't all white. There should be a place for everyone at the table.

Don't worry, the vast majority of heroes and villians will still be played by white people.

And this is still a rumor and nothing more. Just like the Alison Williams thing so there is no need for me to get overly excited or the purists and others to get overly upset.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #783
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'll never ever complain about Hollywood giving black actors work. Not rappers or singers but real black actors.

I don't care what the purists or the racists think. And I'm not calling anybody here racist but that "I don't care if they cast black actors in side roles" talk is bunk coming from some people. There were many people whining about a very, very side character being played by a black actor (who was awesome in the role) in Thor. I saw pages of whining about it. When a freaking great Oscar nominated actor was cast as Perry White, there was whining (lucky it was much less than the uproar for Thor) about how his last name meant the character shouldn't be black which is B.S.

A lot of people seem to care even if it is a side character. So yeah most of you do not care but I've heard an awful lot of complaining about side characters being made black or any other race besides white to be honest.

And to reiterate again I'm not calling anyone racist here and I would never blindly call someone racist. Are there racist Hypesters? Of course there are and I've called one out before.

I think the vast majority of people on here are just purists though, which I am to a reasonable degree.

Personally, I'm enjoying the color blind casting. I love that Fishbourne is Perry White, I love that the late MCD was cast as Kingpin, eventhough he was wrong for the role because he couldn't convicingly play evil, I'm glad that Alica Masters was played by Kerry Washington and it's neat that Jamie Fox gets to play Electro. I also would love to see more latinos, Asians and others get in on the action. I love diversity. America isn't all white and the world isn't all white. There should be a place for everyone at the table.

Don't worry, the vast majority of heroes and villians will still be played by white people.

And this is still a rumor and nothing more. Just like the Alison Williams thing so there is no need for me to get overly excited or the purists and others to get overly upset.
Yet, ya made a pretty large post there about it....

I've actually been pretty ok with the posters discussion on this, I was just on another board where they are crying, "I'll never read or watch another F4 comic or movie" if this happens. Most here are just questioning the reason why? There is nothing wrong with that....

Maya Angelou ...

Last edited by Kelly; 05-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #784
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

We'll probably hear 5-10 rumored names for each character before we get the real names. And chances are good that the real names won't be any of the names that were originally rumored.

But the fact that rumors are starting to swirl could indicate that some casting is starting to be considered. That's probably the real news.

Neither Michael B. Jordan nor Allison Williams do much for me - and that's not because I'm a racist or misogynist - they just seem uninspired. I won't be boycotting the movie if they're the final choices, but it would be a sign that the casting wouldn't be nearly as good as we've seen for other superhero films recently.

Think about Robert Downey Jr., Christian Bale, Henry Cavill, Cris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and their respective characters. Those actors were born to play their characters.

Now think about Michael B. Jordan and Allison Williams. Eh, whatever.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #785
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Don't forget Patrick Stewart

Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #786
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

lol I love how the word "uninspired" gets thrown around every time there's a possible casting choice that someone doesn't like...

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #787
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

I'm in no way a purist (love the casting of Jamie Foxx as Electro.) but the thought of this rumored guy as Johnny peeves me beyond all get out.

Last edited by Spuzz; 05-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #788
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
We'll probably hear 5-10 rumored names for each character before we get the real names. And chances are good that the real names won't be any of the names that were originally rumored.

But the fact that rumors are starting to swirl could indicate that some casting is starting to be considered. That's probably the real news.

Neither Michael B. Jordan nor Allison Williams do much for me - and that's not because I'm a racist or misogynist - they just seem uninspired. I won't be boycotting the movie if they're the final choices, but it would be a sign that the casting wouldn't be nearly as good as we've seen for other superhero films recently.

Think about Robert Downey Jr., Christian Bale, Henry Cavill, Cris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and their respective characters. Those actors were born to play their characters.

Now think about Michael B. Jordan and Allison Williams. Eh, whatever.
i dont think you know what uninspired mean lol

noticed all those actors you named are white.....

Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #789
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
lol I love how the word "uninspired" gets thrown around every time there's a possible casting choice that someone doesn't like...
I love how people are already feeling forced to append "I am not a racist" to every post they make that's not in favor of this latest rumor.

Quote:
i dont think you know what uninspired mean lol

noticed all those actors you named are white.....
See? **** like this.

Maybe he wants a big name cast, instead of tv performers and little known film actors. Didn't think of that one?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #790
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
See? **** like this.

Maybe he wants a big name cast, instead of tv performers and little known film actors. Didn't think of that one?
Because Henry Cavill and Chris Hemsworth were the FURTHEST away from that.

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #791
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Because Henry Cavill and Chris Hemsworth were the FURTHEST away from that.
Way to miss the point. Did I say they weren't? The point is the very moment Lumpkin dissents, Project barges in with "all ur chosen dudes are white lol"

Nobody bothered to ASK Lumpkin why he considered them uninspired. Nobody considered that maybe he just prefers well-known actors?

Hell, my picks for Reed and Sue are Ed Norton and Elizabeth Banks. So while I wouldn't call Alison whatshername and dude from Chronicle uninspired, I would call them disappointing.

- Ryōkan

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 05-05-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #792
Mikelus
Islander

There's a lot of hypocrisy, if we were talking about a black or asian character from the comics and the studio decided to cast a white person, then many would cry a river about Hollywood whitewashing, etc. Studios should be making movies of characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Green Lantern John Stewart, among others, it would be much better and justified.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #793
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
LOL no.

He seems more natural as Human Torch. As Captain America, he just appears bland.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #794
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
As Captain America, he just appears bland.
If you discount everyone who thinks he did a great job. Try again.

- Ryōkan

Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #795
Project862006
Banned User

wow 2 threads that you act like a childish snob yeah good job there

Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #796
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
wow 2 threads that you act like a childish snob yeah good job there
You mean "two threads where I disagree with you"?

I guess, yeah. Sorry.

- Ryōkan

Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #797
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

No no, it was right the first time.

Though, to be fair, I am actually finding it somewhat entertaining, so...

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #798
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Cry moar.

- Ryōkan

Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #799
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Well, now you're not even trying...

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #800
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

'k.

Seems a little silly. Is there a contest?

- Ryōkan

Closed Thread