Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #976
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I was actually thinking exactly this on the drive home his evening. With all of us poo-pooing the idea that Fox would actually make the film, Fox would have to react at some point. Whether they intend to make the film or want to get money out of Marvel, they can't remain silent and let us drive the conversation in a vacuum.

Then I get home and see this and it fits exactly what I would have expected.
yeah, fox gets a backlash for lack of news, and no comic con mention... then they decide they need to send out some press to counter what everyone knows is happening.

they literally did this exact same thing with Daredevil. They're playing a game of chicken with Disney, hoping Disney will bite and they can make some money off of it.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #977
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive)

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...clusive-105601
Good news!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #978
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive)
Stalling tactics.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #979
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Louisiana?! At least I could see Vancouver as a stand-in for NY. Not so sure about Louisiana...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #980
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Doesn't matter if it's a quality movie as long as Fox can save a few bucks.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #981
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Every new piece of info we get the more I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #982
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Louisiana?! At least I could see Vancouver as a stand-in for NY. Not so sure about Louisiana...
Plenty of movies shoot elsewhere that makes for a doable stand-in for NYC. Vancouver, Los Angeles, Toronto, Georgia, New Mexico, Australia...

Hell, Baz Luhrmann based the entire production of The Great Gatsby in Sydney -- and NY is a big part of the story. They used plate shots, but no location shooting in that area.

Josh Trank shot Chronicle entirely in South Africa, which doubled as Seattle, and he did a good job making it look convincing. Baton Rouge standing in for New York? Piece of cake by comparison.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #983
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Plenty of movies shoot elsewhere that makes for a doable stand-in for NYC. Vancouver, Los Angeles, Toronto, Georgia, New Mexico, Australia...

Hell, Baz Luhrmann based the entire production of The Great Gatsby in Sydney -- and NY is a big part of the story. They used plate shots, but no location shooting in that area.

Josh Trank shot Chronicle entirely in South Africa, which doubled as Seattle, and he did a good job making it look convincing. Baton Rouge standing in for New York? Piece of cake by comparison.
I knew the first two paragraphs, but the third?

Chronicle was shot in South Africa?! I had no idea...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #984
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

There is an old NASA facility near New Orleans [that was used in GI JOE 2] that could provide some nice Baxter Building interiors...

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #985
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

And the production ramping up on this film kinda reminds me of when Universal Pictures was fast-tracking Jurassic Park IV -- location scouting, booking studio space, and art direction -- but no word on casting. It was only when the film was put on hold that we found out a couple of actors the studio was eyeing for the film.

Not to say The Fantastic Four won't be delayed, but if Fox really wants to make this happen -- they need to announce some confirmed cast members. It just doesn't sound right when production is amping up, but no one is cast.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #986
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'll believe it when I see it.

- CM Punk
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #987
Jordacar
The Endless One

Mini-rant time!

I can't imagine FF as a trilogy. I'm starting to think the whole trilogy mentality kills a lot of the potential in superhero franchises.

Like suppose they go full reboot and the next movie is the origin again, but done awesome and they fight Mole Man or something. Then the sequel is Dr. Doom and it'd be their TDK.

And then what? Take your pick. Cap it off with Galactus and make it a 3-film do-over? And how long would it take to release all those three movies? Five years like Iron Man? Maybe 8 like Batman? And after all that time they'd have to leave out Namor, the Inhumans, the Negative Zone, the Kree, the Skrulls, Kang, Ego, Psycho-Man, the Frightful Four, and plenty of other villains and stories that could probably fill out a feature length without much trouble.

There's big-screen potential to be sure, but a movie trilogy barely scratches the surface. This is true of most comic book superheroes whose story was cultivated over hundreds of stories spanning decades. It's amazing that the X-Men movies have held on this long without embracing the full reboot, and with the FF the pulpy episodic adventure-of-the-week formula is a big part of their brand identity.

The FF is too expensive for TV and too expansive for a conventional franchise. Remember how everyone was shocked that Star Trek Into Darkness performed way below expectations? A lot of insiders guessed the 4-year wait was a major factor.

If only there were a way to produce smaller, less expensive 90-100 minute FF movies every year or year-and-a-half, with the occasional bigger movie reserved for the major leaguers like Doom and Galactus. But how fast would the actors' salaries go up? And would movie-goers pay $15 bucks a ticket for a 90-minute movie every year?

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #988
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Every new piece of info we get the more I feel.
You said it.

First off, we have Fox themselves – the studio that completely screwed up the first two films by hiring the wrong people, keeping those people on a tight leash and then gave them very little time and money to actually get the films made.

Then we know Fox brought in Mark Millar – the guy who gave us goat-legged ‘Victor Van Damme’ and other atrocities that made a mockery of the Fantastic Four we all know and love.

The film is likely to be set in the X-Men Universe – a world in which the people and government distrust freaks with super-powers.

The film will be shot in Louisiana.

Michael B. Jordan is the only actor who has been seriously mentioned as a potential cast-member.

Marvel holds the rights to many of the villains and other characters that the FF have historically battled/interacted with.

Fox has such contempt for this project that they didn’t even bother to create a teaser poster or do anything else to create even the slightest buzz at Comic-Con.

With all that in mind, how comfortable do I feel that Fox is ready, willing and able to give us a Fantastic Four film that is consistent with the image of the Fantastic Four we grew up with?

Right now, I feel about as comfortable as a well endowed young woman getting onto a crowded train in Tokyo that is filled with businessmen who haven’t been laid in months.

Last edited by Willie Lumpkin; 07-25-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #989
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
You said it.

First off, we have Fox themselves – the studio that completely screwed up the first two films by hiring the wrong people, keeping those people on a tight leash and then gave them very little time and money to actually get the films made.

Then we know Fox brought in Mark Millar – the guy who gave us goat-legged ‘Victor Van Damme’ and other atrocities that made a mockery of the Fantastic Four we all know and love.

The film is likely to be set in the X-Men Universe – a world in which the people and government distrust freaks with super-powers.

The film will be shot in Louisiana.

Michael B. Jordan is the only actor who has been seriously mentioned as a potential cast-member.

Marvel holds the rights to many of the villains and other characters that the FF have historically battled/interacted with.

Fox has such contempt for this project that they didn’t even bother to create a teaser poster or do anything else to create even the slightest buzz at Comic-Con.

With all that in mind, how comfortable do I feel that Fox is ready, willing and able to give us a Fantastic Four film that is consistent with the image of the Fantastic Four we grew up with?

Right now, I feel about as comfortable as a well endowed young woman getting onto a crowded train in Tokyo that is filled with businessmen who haven’t been laid in months.
that analogy is frightening lol

Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #990
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Miles Teller is in talks for Mr. Fantastic role!

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...clusive-107906

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 08-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #991
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Miles Teller is in talks for Mr. Fantastic role!

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...clusive-107906
The two quotes I liked from that article were "there's still a lot of work to be done on the "Fantastic Four' script and "Fox hasn't even brought on a casting director yet." And while I hate the idea of a "Fantastikids" FOX version, with Reed a good 15 or 20 years than the grey templed version we all know and love, if this disaster-in-making does get funded Marvel can put a proper "big boy" version of the team on the big screen shortly thereafter, perhaps introducing them in an Avengers or Guardians sequel.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #992
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

So there was a poster here who had said he had inside knowledge and was talking about the cast for the new FF being:

Miles Teller- Mr. Fantastic
Elizabeth Olsen- Invisible Woman
Michael B. Jordan- Human Torch

And it seems to be pretty on point with what's been talked about, does anybody remember what that person said about Grimm/Doom?

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #993
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Mercury X or something like that. He didn't say anything at all about Ben Grimm, just referred to the idea of them being basd on the Ultimate Comics. So you can expect another relatively young, albeit significantly buffer, young actor.

As for Louisiana, between the bridges and skyscrapers, it can do quite well for a New York, and if I recall UFF correctly, the major issues are finding caves and monster islands and shooting the Negative Zone on a soundstage cheaply. Also, finding a deserted area for the N-zone gateway. It's better for the FF than shooting in the actual New York, honestly.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #994
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The only F4 comics I've read were the Ultimate version. I didn't know they might be headed towards making that version if The Wrap's story is to be believed.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #995
Blackman
C'mon Son

Like Miles Teller. But not as Mr. Fantastic. Even if they're going for the ultimate version

Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #996
TayDee
Side-Kick

This film has nothing going for it. It won't bomb, but it won't be a success.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #997
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
This film has nothing going for it. It won't bomb, but it won't be a success.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that

Last edited by Blackman; 08-02-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #998
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The only F4 comics I've read were the Ultimate version. I didn't know they might be headed towards making that version if The Wrap's story is to be believed.
Almost every Marvel movie since X-Men has taken some inspiration and ideas from the Ultimate universe, for better or worse. Those comics were written partially with the purpose of asking and answering the question of "what if these properties were adapted into movies?" So any rumors/news that a Marvel movie is drawing inspiration from the Ultimate comics should not be surprising in the least.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #999
Blackman
C'mon Son

I wish they'd take the Ultimate Origin (with the Negative Zone/genius think tank and such) and combine it with the 616 iterations of the characters. But that's just me

Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #1000
TayDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that
They already used SS, Galactus, & DD. I don't see them doing anything different as far as story goes. The FF can't hold a franchise by itself. The villains aren't strong enough, and the FF aren't that interesting.

Closed Thread