The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #251
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Do you think they will surprise us with a director's cut ?

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #252
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I am so disappointed.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #253
ChrisB
Batman News

So it just comes with a couple of toys and books with photos we've all seen online already? Disappointing...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #254
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

If you don't have "The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy" book and you're bummed about there being no new extras on this set, I'd go and pick up that book asap. It's really as comprehensive a look inside the process of making the trilogy as we'll probably ever get.

That is...until WB triple dips in another 10 years and maybe we finally get a proper collector's set with a few crumbs thrown our way.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #255
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Yeah, that's what i figured.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #256
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
If you don't have "The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy" book and you're bummed about there being no new extras on this set, I'd go and pick up that book asap. It's really as comprehensive a look inside the process of making the trilogy as we'll probably ever get.

That is...until WB triple dips in another 10 years and maybe we finally get a proper collector's set with a few crumbs thrown our way.
Isn't this already the triple dip? They released a trilogy pack that (I'm pretty sure) was exactly this but without the toys just last December.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #257
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Isn't this already the triple dip? They released a trilogy pack that (I'm pretty sure) was exactly this but without the toys just last December.
Quadruple dip, excuse me. Ugh..

Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #258
Thoix
Side-Kick

I wish they do a proper collector's set, such as the Harry Potter Ultimate Collector's set, except not nearly as expensive. The fact that there seems to be no new bonus features is very disappointing. That being said, if they end up at least releasing new transfers for BB and TDK that might persuade me into picking up this set.

Who knows, maybe they aren't going all out with this set because they're planning a ten year anniversary set in 2015. Best case scenario is they are purposely giving out fake information until they are ready to officially announce the full set.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #259
shauner111
Side-Kick

I love Nolan but I find he's being incredibly selfish if he never releases all those deleted scenes/extended scenes from the trilogy. No commentary I can live with, but the others? Ridiculous.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #260
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, I'm still honestly expecting new BB and TDK transfers. You'd think a videophile like Nolan would want to make sure his movies are available in the best quality possible, so I still am holding out for that.

If this set is literally the same exact content after they hyped it in last year's press release, I have to imagine this will lead to some bad PR. As evidenced plenty of times in the past, fans of this franchise can make a lot of noise if they're upset about something.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #261
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

What the ****! Why the hell did they wait a year for this? This could easily have been what was released last christmas. Myself and a few others on here I believe as well as some others I know purposely did not buy the trilogy last year or even just the TDKR bluray because obviously waiting a year they were doing something special. Holy cow WB.

Nothing? Literally nothing new for one of the biggest Comic Book franchises of all time? Not one documentary, not one commentary not even one deleted scene? No. A new book thats likely a rehash of the Art of TDKT and a few I presume plastic toys.

Unbelievable. Hopefully that site just got info from the last box set.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #262
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
same bonus features.
Ugh.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #263
kelen
Side-Kick

Hey there,
I'm writting for that polish Batman site that was posted as source information for those collection pictures and information which is strange, because we sourced SHH message board and Frensh Amazon.
Today we recieved e-mail from Polish WB DVD/BR publisher to delete informations about Ultimate Collection because they were still not confrimed (which means, details are probably not complete or 100% real).
Cheers.

kelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #264
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelen View Post
Hey there,
I'm writting for that polish Batman site that was posted as source information for those collection pictures and information which is strange, because we sourced SHH message board and Frensh Amazon.
Today we recieved e-mail from Polish WB DVD/BR publisher to delete informations about Ultimate Collection because they were still not confrimed (which means, details are probably not complete or 100% real).
Cheers.
There is no true despair without hope...

But seriously, thanks for sharing. Cheers.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #265
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

I'll hold onto the reprieve offered by kelen before comitting myself to indiscriminate cursing. This thing needs to be good.

Please.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #266
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelen View Post
Hey there,
Cheers.
God you had to post this 20 minutes after my moan Anyway thanks for this great news!

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #267
kelen
Side-Kick

I hope that we will get more bonus material in this collection too. If there will be something new from this Polish publisher I'll post it here.

I'm still feeling strange that everyone on the net put source to our site where we just posted pictures from here and Amazon. I hope that it didn't do any harm to someone.

kelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #268
JackWhite
Third Man

So the Ultimate Collector's Edition is just re-hashed material? They won't even give us some new behind the scenes featurettes? Wow, I thought we'd at least get a few of those, considering they released a new BTS clip with the bat-pod jump from TDKR a little while ago.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #269
Angelus_Darko
Derriere extraordinaire

Link?

Angelus_Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #270
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Are you...are you FRICKING kidding me?

I am not buying this crap. And it is crap.

I'll stick with the boxset I have, goodness

Quote:
That and having the completed screenplays of the trilogy(both that I own) would be the preferred things to get to expand the trilogy's experience without having to cough up to get this "new" boxset.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-29-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #271
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Since Batman Begins is the only film I own on Blu I was waiting for the ultimate trilogy set....now I wonder why I just didn't get the normal trilogy set...

Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #272
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I already gave my Rises blu copy , so i'l have to buy the set

But i wont pay 90 euros for a stupid repackaging with hot toys. I dont want toys , WB. There's a huge market for that. Leave the home video alone . Oh and stop with the Art and Making book , i already bought it !!! It's awesome but i dont need another version of it.

Cool packaging , and new transfers and i'll be satisfied. If not , then i buy the cheap set that was already released.

Director's cut ? Nolan will actually release a new version of TDK that ends before Dent's fall

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #273
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I'm holding out they have something else up their sleeves. It wouldn't make sense to make a big deal about a new release of the trilogy when the only new inclusions are figures and an art book?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:41 AM   #274
J.Howlett

Quote:

Remember, the 10th Anniversary for Begins is in 2 years. The 10th Anniversary for Knight is in 5 years. On one of those anniversaries, Begins and Knight will magically be rereleased with new masters.

Look at what WB's been doing with the Wizard of Oz.

Just be patient. It'll happen.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #275
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
So the Ultimate Collector's Edition is just re-hashed material? They won't even give us some new behind the scenes featurettes? Wow, I thought we'd at least get a few of those, considering they released a new BTS clip with the bat-pod jump from TDKR a little while ago.
There is an EXTRA BLU RAY DISC that's housed with Begins. We don't know what's on it yet. The set is 9 discs. 3 DVDs, Begins was a single BD set. Both Knight and Rises were a 2 BD set. We just don't know what that extra Blu Ray disc is yet. It'll have never before seen footage. We just don't know how much.