The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #276
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Nothing new? Yeah, I'm so NOT buying this.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #277
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Why the hell are there DVDs? If people have blu-ray they'll buy the blu-ray and vice-versa for the DVD. What a waste of space for things I will never use. So we only have ONE new disc for Batman Begins? The one which many would claim already had the best features! And all that has probably done has put the film on one disc and the features on the other.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #278
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

It only takes a couple of hours recording a commentary. Come on Bale, Nolan, Goyer, Jonah etc.

And why not just throw every unreleased second of footage out there? Unfinished or not, I want it.

Or hell, even a new documentary, showcasing the whole trilogy in a great manner.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #279
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

There's no point in complaining... we KNOW what kind of filmmaker Nolan is. He doesn't want us peeking behind the curtain too much.

In his mind, deleted scenes were deleted for reason and he doesn't like doing commentaries. Plus Bale definitely wouldn't want to do it.

It sucks but I guess thats the way it is. More time needs to pass for retrospective documentaries.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #280
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Nothing new?!!

Give me my money. Give it.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #281
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #282
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

My reaction to this news:

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #283
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Since I will be getting a BOA (PS3) BAOB (PS Vita) so I can't get it anyway for a long time. This sucks though we can't get new stuff from Nolan Batman films.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #284
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
More time needs to pass for retrospective documentaries.
Yep. Nolan sat down with Criterion to do a nearly 30 minute interview for the recent Blu-ray release of Following. The film was 13 years old at the time of the interview. It is one of the best interviews I've seen with Nolan. You can learn more about him as a filmmaker listening to him talk about making the no budget Following than you will ever learn from him talking about big budget action films like the TDK Trilogy.

He already gave a lot of really good insight into his vision for Batman on the Batman Begins special features. I know everyone wants some special features on Ledger's Joker, but more time needs to pass. And perhaps Nolan will never feel comfortable with that.

Last edited by redfirebird2008; 06-29-2013 at 01:17 PM.
redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #285
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
There is an EXTRA BLU RAY DISC that's housed with Begins. We don't know what's on it yet. The set is 9 discs. 3 DVDs, Begins was a single BD set. Both Knight and Rises were a 2 BD set. We just don't know what that extra Blu Ray disc is yet. It'll have never before seen footage. We just don't know how much.
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #286
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Yep. Nolan sat down with Criterion to do a nearly 30 minute interview for the recent Blu-ray release of Following. The film was 13 years old at the time of the interview. It is one of the best interviews I've seen with Nolan. You can learn more about him as a filmmaker listening to him talk about making the no budget Following than you will ever learn from him talking about big budget action films like the TDK Trilogy.

He already gave a lot of really good insight into his vision for Batman on the Batman Begins special features. I know everyone wants some special features on Ledger's Joker, but more time needs to pass. And perhaps Nolan will never feel comfortable with that.
Completely agree with this. Yes, that interview of him with the Criterion edition of the Following is just wonderful.

In all honesty, it's going to take an anniversary of one of the films before we even think about getting something all encompassing and a remastering of the first two film.

Give it another 10 years and then I'm positive WB will reissue the films. Again, look at what they've done with the Wizard of Oz on home video.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #287
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Completely agree with this. Yes, that interview of him with the Criterion edition of the Following is just wonderful.

In all honesty, it's going to take an anniversary of one of the films before we even think about getting something all encompassing and a remastering of the first two film.

Give it another 10 years and then I'm positive WB will reissue the films. Again, look at what they've done with the Wizard of Oz on home video.
That's cool, if only they didn't dick is around with releasing the first boxset last Christmas; yet before it was even released WB told us there would be an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" coming out almost a year later, causing a lot of us to wait for said "Ultimate" Edition.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #288
BatMatt
Side-Kick

If it really is a rehash of old features with just some toys and the art book, how can WB pass this off as the ULTIMATE collection? What a joke.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #289
Anno_Domini
Banned User

They...don't know what the word "ultimate" means?

Or the next version will be called "The Really, Really, Really Ultimate Collector's Edition".

It's such a slap to the face for the fans that adore this trilogy too, to only get...nothing new.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #290
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Yea, this isn't surprising, the "Ultimate Wizard's Collection" for HP was just The ultimate editions on bluray/dvd/ultraviolet with a bunch of toys and crap, not too many special features/new deleted scenes. At least this won't be around 400 bucks.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #291
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Man I was hoping for a stellar collection for this trilogy, I guess the wait continues

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #292
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Gillberg's words back in October:
Quote:
Word is that there are additional bonus features/documentaries that encompass the trilogy as a whole. There were other things noted that may or may not come to fruition, as they are not set in stone.

Regardless, they're working on additional material. So save your money, wait for the Ultimate Trilogy.

Trust me, you'll want to wait till next year for the Ultimate Edition.

They're also planning on a June release. Not sure why they've got Q3 listed, unless it's a safety net to ensure they have enough time to produce the collectible pieces/extra features.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24408369

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24416101

And look where we are at now, 9 months later.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #293
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The boxset is quite disappointing. I was avoiding purchasing the films on BD because I had the hope there would be a terrific set; but, since there is not, I am going to order the individual BD entries on my next paycheck, without any concern for double dipping.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #294
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Gillberg's words back in October:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24408369

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24416101

And look where we are at now, 9 months later.
Still stand by my comments (obviously the June release got pushed back).

Keep in mind Begins originally had a single Blu-Ray disc release... There are now two in the Ultimate Set.

I've been out of the loop for months, but that would indicate to me that there will be something new in the set, and they certainly were developing material last fall.

I'll even take it a step further. This is the stuff that was on the table and emailed to me back in October for an "Ultimate Trilogy" compilation:

All previous Bonus Features

A retrospective documentary spanning all three films, split up between discs. Similar to those found on the original WB Batman (89)-B&R Blus. This would include brand new interviews with the entire cast, discussing the process of creating each film.

The Dark Knight disc would have a look at Heath Ledger, featuring interviews with family members and the cast.

An in depth look at IMAX, Nolan's preference for film vs digital, and the impact The Dark Knight/Rises had on IMAX theaters

A soundtrack special, taking you inside of Zimmers studio and re-visiting some of the iconic sounds from the trilogy

A brand new master for The Dark Knight (Begins was not mentioned).

Commentary by David Goyer also a possibility (pending scheduling).

^ That's what I received. There's no way that all of those projects could have failed.

Last edited by gillberg2k1; 06-30-2013 at 09:18 AM.
gillberg2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #295
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Where there is Gilberg...there is hope.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #296
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

And hey, you know what? If they went a different direction, they went a different direction. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last. I've been out of the loop for months now, and it's a chapter of my life that's come to a close, but that's pulled from an email directly from someone who works on this stuff. So there you go.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #297
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post

Keep in mind Begins originally had a single Blu-Ray disc release... There are now two in the Ultimate Set.

I've been out of the loop for months, but that would indicate to me that there will be something new in the set, and they certainly were developing material last fall.

I'll even take it a step further. This is the stuff that was on the table and emailed to me back in October for an "Ultimate Trilogy" compilation:

A retrospective documentary spanning all three films, split up between discs. Similar to those found on the original WB Batman (89)-B&R Blus. This would include brand new interviews with the entire cast, discussing the process of creating each film.

The Dark Knight disc would have a look at Heath Ledger, featuring interviews with family members and the cast.

An in depth look at IMAX, Nolan's preference for film vs digital, and the impact The Dark Knight/Rises had on IMAX theaters

A soundtrack special, taking you inside of Zimmers studio and re-visiting some of the iconic sounds from the trilogy

^ That's what I received. There's no way that all of those projects could have failed.

Your precious information. Gratefully accepted.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #298
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillberg2k1 View Post

Thanks for posting this, what could have been *sigh*

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #299
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Official press release of the Ultimate Collector's edition: http://www.thehdroom.com/news/The-Da...eptember/12704

Quote:
Included in the box set, which I am still awaiting receipt of pictures to share, are the following pieces of what Warner Bros. is calling "memorabilia:"

• Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
  • Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul
  • 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
Here is the high level breakdown for the contents of each disc, followed by detailed descriptions of everything new on each disc:

• The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making... forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
  • Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
  • IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio
Release date: September 24, 2013
Price: $99.97 US

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #300
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Yeeeeaaaah!!!!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote