The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #326
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

The Donner and Nolan conversation is very exciting for one who has The Dark Knight Trilogy and Superman: The Movie as some of his favorite films.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #327
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
I just hate that cover art, the final theatrical poster.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #328
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

I thought you meant the video transfer.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #329
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Wonder why they went from 9 discs to 6...
They cut out the DVD's. Works for me, I wouldn't use them anyway. Plus, it lowers the price a bit.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #330
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Then I understand the confusion, cause the transfer is magnificent indeed.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #331
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Well, damn it, it's awesome! Love that box art...

Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #332
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I'd buy that for a dollar

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #333
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

This shall be mine.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #334
ChrisB
Batman News

I think I'm most excited about seeing the IMAX scenes in their original 4:3 aspect ratio.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #335
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
I think I'm most excited about seeing the IMAX scenes in their original 4:3 aspect ratio.
It's not very exciting to watch it in a non-imax screen ...at home.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #336
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I'm disappointed at the extra features, honestly. I was really crossing my fingers for a Nolan commentary for at least one of his Batman movies. This package looks more like the Harry Potter Ultimate Edition sets, not the second version of the Batman Anthology I was hoping for.

And no commentaries... BOO! Surely Nolan has plenty of behind-the-scenes anecdotes he could share, and not reveal how he made the entire film.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #337
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The Batman Motion Picture Anthology was always going to be a hard act to follow. Plus, it was supplying bonus material for all those films for the first time. With the trilogy, we've gotten a decent amount along the way. Sure, not as in-depth as we'd all love, but a decent amount nonetheless.

Commentaries would've been ideal, but hey- the Anthology didn't offer a conversation between Burton/Schumacher and another director discussing superhero cinema. It's something different at least.

I'm just bummed about the seeming lack of new transfers. It stings a bit knowing that what we have pales in comparison to what it could be, especially for TDK.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #338
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Commentaries would've been ideal, but hey- the Anthology didn't offer a conversation between Burton/Schumacher and another director discussing superhero cinema. It's something different at least.
On the other hand, the Schumacher commentary on Batman & Robin was flawless.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #339
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The Batman Motion Picture Anthology was always going to be a hard act to follow. Plus, it was supplying bonus material for all those films for the first time. With the trilogy, we've gotten a decent amount along the way. Sure, not as in-depth as we'd all love, but a decent amount nonetheless.

I'm just bummed about the seeming lack of new transfers. It stings a bit knowing that what we have pales in comparison to what it could be, especially for TDK.
Again, wait 20 years. The all encompassing set will hit. Look how many times WB has released the Wizard of Oz on home video.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #340
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Again, wait 20 years. The all encompassing set will hit. Look how many times WB has released the Wizard of Oz on home video.
20? We'll probably get more for Begins in another 2 years, TDK in 5, TDKR in 9.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #341
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
20? We'll probably get more for Begins in another 2 years, TDK in 5, TDKR in 9.
Maybe. I don't see them doing another box set in 2 years. Could do one in five years from now. Ten years from now seems like the first opportunity to do something with the transfers of the first two films.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #342
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Here's the set in high res...

http://i.imgur.com/YkrBzhj.jpg

Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #343
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Eh not worth the price if you ask me.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #344
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

I want it. If if's $65 on Amazon, it's mine.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #345
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Here's the set in high res...

http://i.imgur.com/YkrBzhj.jpg

Even higher res (3108x2226):
http://i0.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-...logyBoxSet.jpg

Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #346
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

I wonder if it comes with a mini can of black spray paint for the Batpod.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #347
Figs
Side-Kick

Meh. If they're going to call it "ultimate", BB and TDK should have received a new transfer.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #348
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Maybe. I don't see them doing another box set in 2 years. Could do one in five years from now. Ten years from now seems like the first opportunity to do something with the transfers of the first two films.
They'll probably pass on BB... But I imagine they'll do something special for The Dark Knight's 10th anniversary.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #349
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I wonder if it comes with a mini can of black spray paint for the Batpod.
lol that's the first thing I thought of when I viewed the high res photo. Why is it gold?!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #350
gillberg2k1
Side-Kick

Looks like the retrospective made the cut, along with the new transfers of the IMAX scenes. The Donner thing was completely unexpected. Very cool.