The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #376
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I'll have to wait and see what is offered on that one bonus disc. If it has bonus scenes I'll definitely be picking it up. But I can't see spending 100 bucks just to get the Donner/Nolan one on one.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #377
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Trilogy...knight+trilogy

That one is listed right now at 33 dollars. If they sell the other at 60 , it's still 27+ dollars for a bonus disc , toys and packaging.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #378
litobirdy
Side-Kick

I'm very curious what the real price will be. anybody remember what the msrp was for the trilogy of last year?
Best I could find was MSRP of $53 for last year's trilogy, and that was selling in reality for what about $30? dam I have a feeling this ultimate collector's is gonna be at least $60 indeed

litobirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #379
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
That and the price is not 100 bucks, that is the MSRP. I will bet it will be around 60 dollars on Amazon near the launch.
Only problem I have with that box set is how the discs are held. If I do get it, I'm just going to place the discs with the actual films in my BB and TDK bluray cases.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #380
kguillou
Side-Kick

I was really tempted to get the original trilogy set that came out at Xmas last year, now I think I may just pick that up, this set doesnt really have enough to entice me.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #381
venom0706
Side-Kick

Any idea who the person behind Bane's mask in the art card is?I guess it is Bruce, but I can't see a face there.I think it is just hands.

venom0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #382
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It'll definitely go for less on Amazon.
I'm sure stores like Best Buy would have it at a decent price or wait for Black Friday at least that's how I got The Matrix and Back To The Future sets for cheap.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #383
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0706 View Post
Any idea who the person behind Bane's mask in the art card is?I guess it is Bruce, but I can't see a face there.I think it is just hands.
It's definitely Bruce.

And am i seeing things , or is catwoman in the top of his mask ? Above is forehead ?

I love the Two Face one.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #384
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0706 View Post
It has to be Bruce. If the hands were shown to be smaller than what's on the card, one could suspect it could be a young Talia.

Anyone else super excited about the Nolan/Donner conversation? The two greatest CBM directors, imo, having a one-on-one conversation where Nolan brings up Superman: The Movie's influences on the casting for Batman Begins. Should be incredible.

Also, with Michael Mann being mentioned on the other feature, I would hope Ridley Scott is interviewed as well since Blade Runner was an inspiration as much as Heat was.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 07-03-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #385
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It has to be Bruce. If the hands were shown to be smaller than what's on the card, one could suspect it could be a young Talia.

Anyone else super excited about the Nolan/Donner conversation? The two greatest CBM directors, imo, having a one-on-one conversation where Nolan brings up Superman: The Movie's influences on the casting for Batman Begins. Should be incredible.

Also, with Michael Mann being mentioned on the other feature, I would hope Ridley Scott is interviewed as well since Blade Runner was an inspiration as much as Heat was.
I just hope they are pretty long and in depth. Hopefully they have more on how Bale went about playing the same character, three different times, but in three completely different ways.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #386
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You know, I find it fascinating that there was such a big difference between BB and TDK mostly because of the suit, but then between TDK and TDKR, Bale played it differently not because of a suit change, but because of a gap of years with an older, more emotionally unstable Batman.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #387
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, I find it fascinating that there was such a big difference between BB and TDK mostly because of the suit, but then between TDK and TDKR, Bale played it differently not because of a suit change, but because of a gap of years with an older, more emotionally unstable Batman.
this

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #388
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Same here. I really hope we get an interview like that with Bale one of these days. He really respects and loves the character and put in a hell of a performance, times three.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #389
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Bale never gets enough credit but IMO he brought a lot to the role.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #390
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Bale never gets enough credit but IMO he brought a lot to the role.
He is and will always be my favorite part of this whole series. He brought this whole franchise to life and was the glue that held it together if you ask me.

Not to take anything away from the greats that absolutely were part of this winning formula.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #391
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He is and will always be my favorite part of this whole series. He brought this whole franchise to life and was the glue that held it together if you ask me.

Not to take anything away from the greats that absolutely were part of this winning formula.
Agreed.

I honestly can not see anybody else in a Batman suit or as Wayne than Christian Bale. He just was Wayne to me. I'm normally someone who can accept role changes (Doctor Who, James Bond etc) but they will have to do something exceptional for me to accept someone else in the cowl in the next few years.

I don't say this about many roles in films but in every scene he was perfect IMO. The voice I don't believe was him entirely there is clearly some sort of studio work with his voice in TDK and TDKR.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #392
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

So to summarize things the only main differences between the new release and the last trilogy set are the figures and the promise of some "never before seen footage" plus the box art i suppose?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #393
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Agreed.

I honestly can not see anybody else in a Batman suit or as Wayne than Christian Bale. He just was Wayne to me. I'm normally someone who can accept role changes (Doctor Who, James Bond etc) but they will have to do something exceptional for me to accept someone else in the cowl in the next few years.

I don't say this about many roles in films but in every scene he was perfect IMO. The voice I don't believe was him entirely there is clearly some sort of studio work with his voice in TDK and TDKR.
Glad I'm not the only one. I just hope that time will be kind to him and his portrayal and maybe he will even be appreciated more as opposed to getting a backlash which sometimes happen.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #394
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:

Old 07-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #395
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I just hope that time will be kind to him and his portrayal and maybe he will even be appreciated more as opposed to getting a backlash which sometimes happen.
It's the Batman voice. It's the focal point of any backlash he gets. His Bruce Wayne is generally well regarded.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #396
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

I will cosign any praise of Bale for his work on the series...as much as Kevin Conroy gets praise for nailing the voice of Bruce/Batman through all facets of his life. Bale deserves equal praise for doing the same onscreen, specially early on in Begins. The voice only really "fails" when talking to the upside down joker (fails miserably enough to detract from what should be another amazing conversation).. but everything else is class from Bale.

-Swear to me!
-Where is he!
-trying to reason with Two-Face
-the rage and impotence when meeting with Joker at Major Crimes
-in the restaurant with Dent.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:27 AM   #397
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Why would you mention the restaurant scene?

Old 07-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #398
kvz5
HBIC

I love the nuances of his performance in the restaurant scene. You see him slipping to both the real and fake Bruce in that one scene.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #399
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
I love the nuances of his performance in the restaurant scene. You see him slipping to both the real and fake Bruce in that one scene.
Yeah exactly. Particularly when he hears Dent defending the good Batman does for Gotham.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #400
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Here's the set in high res...

http://i.imgur.com/YkrBzhj.jpg

I can't wait!

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote