The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #526
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Bale fills that suit out surprisingly well.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #527
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

So, I'm assuming this screen test happened at the "Fatman" stage? After his initial talks with Nolan where he was still at Machinist weight and then Nolan told him to get as big as he can?

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #528
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Wow, seeing Bale in the Forever Sonar Suit totally trips me out!

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #529
ChrisB
Batman News

lol, nice GIFs Kane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
So, I'm assuming this screen test happened at the "Fatman" stage? After his initial talks with Nolan where he was still at Machinist weight and then Nolan told him to get as big as he can?
Actually, no. I think he's just way too big for Kilmer's suit. They showed his Bruce Wayne screentest too and he definitely wasn't pushing 220lbs.

Here's a screencap. It was hard to get a clean shot since he's walking:

Last edited by ChrisB; 09-22-2013 at 12:30 AM.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #530
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
lol, nice GIFs Kane!

Actually, no. I think he's just way too big for Kilmer's suit. They showed his Bruce Wayne screentest too and he definitely wasn't pushing 220lbs.
Ah... So now I'm not sure when it happened. I think Nolan first talked with him when he was super skinny so it has to be after that.

Quote:

Wow... Awesome! He looks so young there.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #531
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Do they talk about Bane/Hardy or Catwoman? From what you're saying ChrisB it doesn't seem like they talk a lot about Rises.
Yes, they do. They show Anne Hathaway's audition with Christian Bale and they talk a lot about why they went with Hardy for Bane. They show a lot of test footage of Hardy and just about every main character is shown with behind-the-scenes footage and stories.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #532
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
lol, nice GIFs Kane!

For some reason this makes me sad. I guess knowing this era of Batman is truly over. I can't wait to watch BB again when I get the UCE.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #533
dark_b
Side-Kick

http://batman-news.com/2013/09/21/da...dition-review/

In this 25 minute segment Christopher Nolan and Richard Donner, director of the original Christopher Reeves Superman movie, have a casual conversation about their movie making process. Nolan tells Donner that his Superman movie was a huge inspiration and the two directors look back at the classic Batman and Superman movies they’ve made, and how they went about doing it. It closes with Donner insisting that Nolan do a comedy movie next, which Nolan seemed very uninterested in.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #534
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I'd watch a Nolan comedy!

Old 09-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #535
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Now that's funny.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #536
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Bale's screen test just made my morning, I've been waiting to see this supposed screen test we've all known about (specifically him wearing a Kilmer batsuit) for almost a decade, I'm so happy and impressed by it.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #537
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, they do. They show Anne Hathaway's audition with Christian Bale and they talk a lot about why they went with Hardy for Bane. They show a lot of test footage of Hardy and just about every main character is shown with behind-the-scenes footage and stories.
Sweeeet thanks.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #538
Daryl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is Cillian Murphy's Batman audition also included?

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #539
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Is Cillian Murphy's Batman audition also included?
Yes, you get to see him as Bruce Wayne and Batman. He looked silly in the batsuit, it was too big for him.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #540
ChrisB
Batman News

They show one more Bruce/Batman audition too... Eion Bailey. He was terrible!!

ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #541
Daryl
Side-Kick

Oh man I hope those find their way online.I'm a sucker for this kind of behind-the-scene stuff!

Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #542
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol, nice GIFs Kane!

that pic just screams Patrick Bateman

now i am definitely picking up the Ultimate Collectors Edition of the Nolan trilogy

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #543
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Is this release gonna come out without the models and such? Might upgrade to blu ray at some point but I have no use for too much extra junk.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #544
shauner111
Side-Kick

Oh you gotta upgrade to Blu-ray! I don't know how people can even watch these movies (or any modern releases as a matter of fact) on DVD anymore. After Blu-ray you never go back.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #545
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

just read chris beglys review and its sounds great! but why did they have christian bale in person while alfred was doing his scene for bruces funeral!!?? and question for anyone who already has the dvd does anyone confirm the end on bruces fate?

bilbo baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #546
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo baggins View Post
just read chris beglys review and its sounds great! but why did they have christian bale in person while alfred was doing his scene for bruces funeral!!?? and question for anyone who already has the dvd does anyone confirm the end on bruces fate?
They had Bale in the scene in case set photos were taken. They also had fake names on the tombstones. It doesn't talk about Bruce's fate. That's covered in the actual movie.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #547
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
They had Bale in the scene in case set photos were taken. They also had fake names on the tombstones. It doesn't talk about Bruce's fate. That's covered in the actual movie.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #548
kvz5
HBIC

http://brucewayneissexy.tumblr.com/p...t-the-new-suit

Old 09-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #549
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Awesome gifs I've never seen those badboys before.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #550
Daryl
Side-Kick

ChrisB could you please post screencaps of Murphy and Bailey's screen tests. That would be awesome

Last edited by Daryl; 09-23-2013 at 03:21 AM.