The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #651
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I just got back from buying this set! Best Buy had 2 of them.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #652
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
If they do a PM is in order,I really need this but truly can't afford to unload that kind of money JUST for the bonus features discs, the transfers are the same so it seems like a huge waste of money, that and the fact that they still screwed us on the Heath stuff though some of you are saying that 5 minutes of footage is enough.
I'm on board for this as well. Would totally buy just the doc if it was released but I can't dump so much money on the largely redundant full package. I'm sure it will make it's way online, I will keep my ear to the ground.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #653
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I just got back from buying this set! Best Buy had 2 of them.
Welcome to the club! I caved and watched the doc and the sit down with Nolan and Donner last night. Even though I was extremely tired. Some really great stuff in there. I just wish we got something with Bale talking about his tenure as Batman. But all in all, a solid buy.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #654
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Just watched the doc and sit down. Really good stuff. Honestly, while of course I would've sat through a much longer of the doc, I thought this was really well put together and just about definitive. I liked the pace it moved along at, it never felt tedious or boring and it was always interesting.

This set is sitting proudly on my shelf now (it literally occupies it's own square of my cheap little Best Buy DVD stand). Don't regret the purchase at all. I still love my Steelbooks too, so I'm keeping those, but these are definitely films I can live with owning several times.

And yeah, no interviews with the actors was a little disappointing, but at least we got that in the original special features for each movie. I also really appreciated how there was no overlap at all in terms of interview bites that they used. Everything felt fresh which was nice. I really enjoyed the Ledger piece too. They definitely showed a huge sign of respect by saving him for last in the casting section and giving him a comparatively bigger chunk than the other villains. Loved those cool alternate takes from the fundraiser scene.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #655
DCW
Chief's got it.

My Best Buy didn't have any when I ran by there tonight. Maybe a blessing in disguise though, money's a bit tight for me right now.

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #656
Charlie The Red
Turkish Gold 100s

The main thing I've always wondered:

Were there no on-set interviews done with Heath Ledger? I know it's not uncommon for there to be press days on set, with interviews of cast members. Usually that stuff is saved for just before or after the film's release.

Alternate takes and all of that ... that's cool. But the Holy Grail would be Ledger actually talking about the character. There are only a few small interviews where he does so, and he doesn't have the liberty to say much about it.

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit
Charlie The Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:13 AM   #657
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie The Red View Post
The main thing I've always wondered:

Were there no on-set interviews done with Heath Ledger? I know it's not uncommon for there to be press days on set, with interviews of cast members. Usually that stuff is saved for just before or after the film's release.

Alternate takes and all of that ... that's cool. But the Holy Grail would be Ledger actually talking about the character. There are only a few small interviews where he does so, and he doesn't have the liberty to say much about it.
I don't see any form of disrespect if we saw more Heath Ledger on set, talking about the roll, etc. I agree with everybody, his performance deserves more celebration.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #658
vanson
Side-Kick

i think i remember an interview with nolan where he said they asked the actors if they wanted to be filmed and so on by the BTS crew and heath kindly declinded.

so that maybe a reason why there isnt much stuff of him.

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #659
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
I don't see any form of disrespect if we saw more Heath Ledger on set, talking about the roll, etc. I agree with everybody, his performance deserves more celebration.
I don't really get this 'Heath's Joker performance/character is not celebrated enough'. I realise it's a bummer that there's no interview where he talks about the character/performance in this collection, but it's not like his iconic take isn't still receiving praise even nowadays. I mean, a lot of people who didn't enjoy TDKR brought up things like 'needed more Joker/Ledger'.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #660
Vengeance of Bane
Side-Kick

Edit.

Last edited by Vengeance of Bane; 09-27-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Vengeance of Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #661
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanson View Post
i think i remember an interview with nolan where he said they asked the actors if they wanted to be filmed and so on by the BTS crew and heath kindly declinded.

so that maybe a reason why there isnt much stuff of him.
Yeah. I don't think he wanted to be chased around by a camera because it was probably distracting. He put a lot into the character. There were times when he would stay in character as Aaron Eckhart has said, and other times when he could snap out of it between scenes (like Oldman and Bale have said). I actually think the more this character has secrecy surrounding it, and mystery, the more amazing and fitting it is. Joker was like a evil spirit that just appeared on a street corner then disappeared into thin air. Barely any extra footage, interviews. It died with Heath pretty much. It's eerie but cool as hell.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #662
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I really did enjoy seeing the little bits of Heath on set between takes just acting normal. And the shots of him trying on different wardrobe.

It really was a good doc. I'm quite satisfied with it. I mean there's so much out there this point. Between the "Art and Making of" book, all the previously released special features, all the interviews from other media outlets...we pretty much have the bulk of the behind the scenes story of these movies.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #663
shauner111
Side-Kick

I actually haven't seen it yet. Ill probably have time later on today to sit down and watch the whole thing.

Im psyched about the documentary. I just want it to be a definitive documentary that covers all the essentials of the trilogy and WHY it's so groundbreaking. Im sure that's what ill get.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #664
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

That's exactly what it is.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #665
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That's exactly what it is.
awesome!

Old 09-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #666
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I tried last night forever to find a rip of the documentary, no luck I'm seriously fiending to watch this!

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #667
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Does this retain all of the features from previous releases?

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #668
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Does this retain all of the features from previous releases?
Yup.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #669
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
I don't really get this 'Heath's Joker performance/character is not celebrated enough'. I realise it's a bummer that there's no interview where he talks about the character/performance in this collection, but it's not like his iconic take isn't still receiving praise even nowadays. I mean, a lot of people who didn't enjoy TDKR brought up things like 'needed more Joker/Ledger'.
My response that I mean is that I want more.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #670
martindp1
Side-Kick

i just went to buy it at best buy =) bout to rip the documentary..

every DARK KNIGHT fan has to watch it..

it was simply amazing.. plus the joker stuff was the best.. even it was short.

well worth the money spent..

ill buy these movies again i have too lol

martindp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #671
martindp1
Side-Kick

martindp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #672
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindp1 View Post

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #673
kvz5
HBIC

This totally looks like the intro of some TV show.

http://brucewayneissexy.tumblr.com/p...-he-had-wanted

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #674
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindp1 View Post
Waiting for someone to post these; I wet myself when I saw this.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #675
shauner111
Side-Kick

Saw everything today. Loved the documentary.

It really made me love the trilogy so much more than I already did. It makes you realize how much of an impact it's had and will continue to have.

Within the context of this doc, I don't see how much more Heath/Joker footage they could have thrown in there. It was short but sweet. They said all they needed to say without diving into the "and then I remembered when I heard the news of his passing.." etc. Which im glad they didn't get into. It didn't serve the purpose of the trilogy story. Save that stuff for a Heath Ledger documentary.