The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #676
Angelus_Darko
Derriere extraordinaire

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindp1 View Post
i just went to buy it at best buy =) bout to rip the documentary..

every DARK KNIGHT fan has to watch it..

it was simply amazing.. plus the joker stuff was the best.. even it was short.

well worth the money spent..

ill buy these movies again i have too lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by martindp1 View Post
Holy... well then, I think a PM is in order when that rip's ready. I really want to see it. You could be the hero this thread needs.

Angelus_Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #677
Angelus_Darko
Derriere extraordinaire

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

It's weird because they haven't even announced it yet here in Mexico. Warner always releases a lot of editions here. For TDKR we had DVD, regular Blu ray combo, steelbook, digibook and the cowl pack. There's no info about this edition.

Angelus_Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #678
TheBlur
Side-Kick

^ I know! It's driving me crazy! :@

TheBlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #679
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The left close-up of Heath Joker is among the best I've seen of him. Nice splash of red on the lips and the white make-up covered all over. Looking at the pics again you realise just how young he was. Huge loss.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #680
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

I have no idea why this hasn't been released in Australia.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #681
TheBlur
Side-Kick

Wait, so this has ONLY been released in the US?

TheBlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #682
bane
TEH PUFFY

It will be released in the UK next week, if someone has it ripped please PM me!

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #683
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Well, I just picked this up. Traded in old movies I owned, went from 95 bucks to thirty.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #684
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

That's a good idea, maybe Ill do that, anyone find a rip?

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #685
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Nolan

It's been ten years since I walked out of Alan Horn's office holding the keys to one of Warner Bros.' most prized assets. I never stopped to wonder why they'd entrusted something so important to someone so inexperienced -- if I had, I'd have been paralyzed with self-doubt. In retrospect, it can only have been my absolute confidence that a return to the old school '70s blockbusters that I grew up with would be the key to bringing Batman back. I thought my references were original, but it now seems obvious that ten years ago every studio had been hoping that every tentpole they made would take the audience back to the great early days of Spielberg, Lucas and Bond (outsize Bond). Few movies had pushed that particular button, and I believed that changes to the craft of filmmaking were to blame. I put together a team of the best technicians in the world to test my theory, and we tested it more and more with each new installment, shameless pillaging the stunt and special effects techniques of movies we'd loved in the hope of combing them into something fresh for the audience.

In the early days, we never dared whisper the word "trilogy," but I think we all knew that if we worked as hard as we could, for something that we truly believed in, the opportunity to build a grand, three-act narrative would be there. The studio was patient in a way that studios rarely are -- three years between the first two installments, then a further four until our conclusion. The Batman thrives on continual reinterpretation, but I hope that the work of these three movies is ambitious and cohesive enough to stand the test of time as a distinct and notable interpretation of the great icon. The story you have here is a story close to the hearts of myself and my collaborators -- we tried hard to do justice to the shadowy figure at the dark heart of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Hopefully, we succeeded.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #686
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

That is a nice find------thanks for sharing!

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #687
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Nolan
It's been ten years since I walked out of Alan Horn's office holding the keys to one of Warner Bros.' most prized assets. I never stopped to wonder why they'd entrusted something so important to someone so inexperienced -- if I had, I'd have been paralyzed with self-doubt. In retrospect, it can only have been my absolute confidence that a return to the old school '70s blockbusters that I grew up with would be the key to bringing Batman back. I thought my references were original, but it now seems obvious that ten years ago every studio had been hoping that every tentpole they made would take the audience back to the great early days of Spielberg, Lucas and Bond (outsize Bond). Few movies had pushed that particular button, and I believed that changes to the craft of filmmaking were to blame. I put together a team of the best technicians in the world to test my theory, and we tested it more and more with each new installment, shameless pillaging the stunt and special effects techniques of movies we'd loved in the hope of combing them into something fresh for the audience.

In the early days, we never dared whisper the word "trilogy," but I think we all knew that if we worked as hard as we could, for something that we truly believed in, the opportunity to build a grand, three-act narrative would be there. The studio was patient in a way that studios rarely are -- three years between the first two installments, then a further four until our conclusion. The Batman thrives on continual reinterpretation, but I hope that the work of these three movies is ambitious and cohesive enough to stand the test of time as a distinct and notable interpretation of the great icon. The story you have here is a story close to the hearts of myself and my collaborators -- we tried hard to do justice to the shadowy figure at the dark heart of The Dark Knight Trilogy. Hopefully, we succeeded.
He absolutely made something that will stand the test of time. He made cinematic history. I say that genuinely from the bottom of my heart.

Wonderful words from Mr. Nolan.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #688
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I'm still hesitant about buying this. How much new footage is there? Or is it just a few snippets in the doc here and there

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #689
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

For those interested in archival material on Ledger, the New York TImes ran a terrific interview with Ledger back in 2007.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/mo...pagewanted=all

Cheers.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #690
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Well, I just picked this up. Traded in old movies I owned, went from 95 bucks to thirty.
Most places I go to sell my unwanted DVD's the most they pay is 2 bucks a piece, you mean Best Buy pays you more for your DVD's?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #691
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I trade my movies into moviestop. I traded a few blurays (TDKR - Parts 1/2, because I have the deluxe edition, & Harry Potter 6). Then a few tv show dvds and got 40 bucks off (they already sold this set at discount price.)

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #692
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

For those of you who have the set would you say it's well wort it over the standard trilogy edition?

I've held out on buying it waiting for this one but i'm not sure in the end if the extra features justify it?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #693
shauner111
Side-Kick

I don't know how much money the standard set was from last year. But it all comes down if you own all the blu rays or not. If you own the blu rays separately, then the special features + the booklet of photos might not be worth it.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #694
Tequilla
Side-Kick

I gave mine away (to my nephews) but now i dont want to pay that monstrosity

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #695
shauner111
Side-Kick

I gave my blu rays to my parents lol. I hate the art on them anyway. Ughh.

I don't regret buying the set. It was expensive, but...it's a nice set with cool special features, better art and packaging for the 3 movies + photos from that trilogy book (which I don't own) so I had no problem spending the money.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #696
Victarion
Dolt

What art did your set use for the DVD covers, shauner?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #697
J.Howlett

Having finally got the set, even while owning the previous editions...it's completely worth. My goodness, do I love this set.

The documentary is going to be an annual viewing, no matter what. That's how much I love it. It's informative without being bloated (Rings EE documentaries, I'm looking at you). Just the new behind the scenes footage through out the documentary is the real treat. And yes, Nolan made a mistake with Hathaway's hair for the finished product. My goodness, does she look glorious in the audition footage.

I just love the wide variety of topics of the documentary. It's just fantastic to watch. As was the conversation between Donner and Nolan.

But, the real shock to me was the IMAX sequences for Knight and Rises. When originally announced, I figured I'd look at a few and never return to them. Boy was I wrong. First off, it's fascinating to remember what was lost at the top and bottom of the screen during these sequences when viewing the regular Blu-Ray in comparison to these. You find yourself wonder from edge to edge of the frames, just looking for details all over the place. And even weirder, this featurette plays like a DJ's mix tape of the last two films. A highlight reel of sorts. It's crazy but I've had the boxset for 5 days and I keep coming back to just the IMAX sequences instead of just watching the films. It's crazy.

Here's the other great thing about this set, at least to me. The size of the box is big enough that if/when WB releases another set of these films with remastered video, it is big enough theoretically housed the next set inside this box , if you remove the toys. Might take some figuring out but it can be done. The trilogy box set from last year fits in here perfectly.

That is my plan, moving forward when WB does another edition of these wonderful films.

People, if you love this character and love these films, this set is a no brainer. It just is. It, to me, feels complete, when you take into account ALL of the supplement material, not just the new bonus disc. I rewatched Batman Begins with the PIP function on yesterday and I forgot how much information was in the PIP. Just great stuff.

Get this set, Bat fans.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #698
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

So is this documentary going to get ripped or do I have to go spend £55 on amazon for this. I'm quite torn.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #699
J.Howlett

Just get the set. You won't regret it.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #700
titansupes
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm saving it for Christmas, I think.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote