The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #151
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Animated Series > All.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #152
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Personally:

TDK/TDKRises>TDKReturns>BB>Mask of the Phantasm>66>89>Forever>B&R>Returns.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #153
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Animated Series > All.
Well, yes. But that is true with most CB cartoons, though.

I find The Spectacular Spider-Man the best version of Spider-Man; Superman:TAS has been my favorite version of Superman as well as the 90s X-Men cartoon.

But, that can also be cheating because a cartoon can go to many areas that a film, live-action or animated, cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Personally:

TDK/TDKRises>TDKReturns>BB>Mask of the Phantasm>66>89>Forever>B&R>Returns.
What about SubZero, Under the Red Hood and Year One?

I'd say TDKReturns(I & II) > TDK trilogy > Batman '89 > Mask of the Phantasm > Under the Red Hood > Returns > SubZero > Forever > B&R > Year One > Batman '66

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #154
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Dang, I love all you guys but I really can't agree with most of what's been said in the past two pages hahaha.

Animation is in its own category for me though. I feel I have to draw a line somewhere. So much goes into making a live action film work, whereas animation is a much more natural and seamless way to adapt something that has roots in comics. The TDK Returns films definitely accomplished something amazing for pulling off the tone and feel of the book, perfectly and making something that truly honored the source material and made it work as a movie. Though what it has in execution it lacks in originality and creativity, which is inevitable if you're doing a strict adaptation of something.

Also, I love BTAS but there are many, many filler episodes that I have no use for.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-09-2013 at 11:03 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #155
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Dang, I love all you guys but I really can't agree with most of what's been said in the past two pages hahaha.

Animation is in its own category for me though. I feel I have to draw a line somewhere. So much goes into making a live action film work, whereas animation is a much more natural and seamless way to adapt something that has roots in comics. The TDK Returns films definitely accomplished something amazing for pulling off the tone and feel of the book, perfectly and making something that truly honored the source material and made it work as a movie. Though what it has in execution it lacks in originality and creativity, which is inevitable if you're doing a strict adaptation of something.

Also, I love BTAS but there are many, many filler episodes that I have no use for.

I actually feel the same. I grew up with the Burton films and BTAS, but the latter really had an affect on me. TDK Trilogy is something else entirely for me, because I always wanted a live action Batman film like what Nolan gave us.

But yeah, whenever I see TDK-Returns and MOTP lumped in with TDK Trilogy and Batman 89; I'm always like no, no, no! Live action and Animation in two separate categories.

My BTAS > All was more of a cheeky comment anyway. All though I do hold it in very high regard.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #156
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I actually feel the same. I grew up with the Burton films and BTAS, but the latter really had an affect on me. TDK Trilogy is something else entirely for me, because I always wanted a live action Batman film like what Nolan gave us.

But yeah, whenever I see TDK-Returns and MOTP lumped in with TDK Trilogy and Batman 89; I'm always like no, no, no! Live action and Animation in two separate categories.

My BTAS > All was more of a cheeky comment anyway. All though I do hold it in very high regard.
I'm totally with you there.

But yeah, goes without saying that BTAS has an immense legacy and I adore it. It's what really defined the character for me in my younger years. My slight little bash was also a somewhat of a cheeky comment, as there's hardly a TV show in existence without a few subpar episodes, let alone kids shows.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #157
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
spotted this on tumblr...how the hell is this the "Ultimate" when you are missing 2..or 3 movies?

What are you talking about, Kane? Those are the only live action Batman movies that exist

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #158
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What about SubZero, Under the Red Hood and Year One?

I'd say TDKReturns(I & II) > TDK trilogy > Batman '89 > Mask of the Phantasm > Under the Red Hood > Returns > SubZero > Forever > B&R > Year One > Batman '66
Not sure why I didn't include those.

TDK/TDKRises>TDKReturns>BB>Under the Red Hood>Mask of the Phantasm>Subzero>66>89>Forever>B&R>Returns.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #159
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
What are you talking about, Kane? Those are the only live action Batman movies that exist
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #160
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

My favourites:

TDK Trilogy
Batman Returns
Batman (1989)
Batman (1966)
Mask of the Phantasm
Return of the Joker
Under The Red Hood
The Dark Knight Returns (Parts 1 and 2)

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #161
georgec
Not a hero

Finally some love for Batman Returns. It's easily the best pre-Nolan live action Batman film.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #162
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Ugh, why is that marathon not on the east coast?! I would SO go to something like that!

I've still never seen Batman 89 on the big screen and I feel a strong desire to correct this.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #163
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Rises> TDK > BB > Returns > Batman > Mask of the Phantasm > 66 > Some TAS episodes (just a few).

Everything else , if you're not a Batman fan...avoid it.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #164
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Ugh, why is that marathon not on the east coast?! I would SO go to something like that!

I've still never seen Batman 89 on the big screen and I feel a strong desire to correct this.
I saw Batman 89 on the big screen a few months back in NJ with a special Q&A with Michael Uslan. Very cool. He spent 30 mins introducing the movie, talking about his career and how hard it was the get the film made, and then answered some insightful questions about the differences between B89 and the Nolan movies and why both are so special to him.

After it was over, I had to go up to him and ask him one question...he's Team Reboot.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #165
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Finally some love for Batman Returns. It's easily the best pre-Nolan live action Batman film.
Easily? Eh, I don't know about that. A strong case could be made for B89 (I definitely prefer it), but B89 and BR are like apples and oranges -- both wildly different in tone and execution.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #166
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I saw Batman 89 on the big screen a few months back in NJ with a special Q&A with Michael Uslan. Very cool. He spent 30 mins introducing the movie, talking about his career and how hard it was the get the film made, and then answered some insightful questions about the differences between B89 and the Nolan movies and why both are so special to him.

After it was over, I had to go up to him and ask him one question...he's Team Reboot.
Ah, that is even more frustrating seeing as I live in NJ!

I really need to pay attention when these things are happening.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #167
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I'm disappointed, Kane. I thought you'd have posted this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #168
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I'd like to change it up...keep you guys guessing.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #169
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
My favourites:

TDK Trilogy
Batman Returns
Batman (1989)
Batman (1966)
Mask of the Phantasm
Return of the Joker
Under The Red Hood
The Dark Knight Returns (Parts 1 and 2)
I thought Year One, Sub-zero were great films. I'm surprised you haven't put them there.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #170
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

Oh...fine, fine....

B:TAS > TDKReturns(I & II) > Mask of the Phantasm > Under the Red Hood > SubZero > Year One

TDK trilogy > Batman '89 > Returns > Forever > B&R > Batman '66

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #171
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
B&R > Batman '66

Even Nolan would judge you for that, Anno...

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #172
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Bring it Nolan!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #173
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

I keep seeing new posts and think they have something to do with the Ultimate Trilogy... or whatever in the blue blazes it's going to be called.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #174
milost
Banned User

The Animated Series trumps all of them. Then,

The Dark Knight/Batman '89 > Batman Begins/Batman Returns > Mask of the Phantasm > Batman: The Movie > Batman Forever > Batman and Robin > TDKRises

I haven't seen the DC animated movies other than bits of Year One. I should get on that, I've heard good things about The Dark Knight Returns.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #175
Anno_Domini
Banned User

TDKRises last