The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #76
johnrain
Side-Kick

Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson Wants to be in Star Wars: Episode VII

Windu being able to beat Darth Sidious in a few minutes ruined ROTS for me.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #77
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I always figure Sidious allowed Windu to get the better of him so he could manipulate Anakin. Notice how he loses the fight JUST as Anakin is entering.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #78
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Sidious definitely allowed for that to happen, but I'm sure eventually, Mace would have won it out anyway. He's the most powerful Jedi. (As in raw power. Yoda is way more agile and wise, and better skilled in the force. Anakin has the best potential and Obi-Wan is the bes balanced.)

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #79
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Who dat Jedi.....on dat droid?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #80
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I always figure Sidious allowed Windu to get the better of him so he could manipulate Anakin. Notice how he loses the fight JUST as Anakin is entering.
Yeah. I've always thought that while Mace did manage to disarm him, Palps could have easily fought back with his darkside powers but didnt, because he sensed Anakin coming and knew this would be THE moment where Anakin would be turned or not. He was outed to the jedi as a sith, so he knew he had to make his move, and have Anakin join him or die. I do think he would have gone for killing Anakin if he hadnt turned, but i also think Palps had faith in the manipulating he had done up until that point and knew Anakin was more than likely to listen to him and not Mace.

I truly think that this turning moment plus the fact that Padme was dead and Obi-Wan was out of the picture (and Anakin resented him), Sidious was very confident he had control of his apprentice and didnt see it coming when Vader turned on him in ROTJ. His overconfidence was his weakness, after all

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #81
bullets
bang bang

What if Mace Windu got amnesia after the fall?

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #82
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

I'd rather see Mace come back as a twisted clone, a villain that is even more deadly than Vader was.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #83
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I still don't see how Yoda wouldn't have sensed Mace being alive. We saw Yoda sense Anakin's heartbreak in Eppy 2 and we saw him sense the start of the Jedi Purge in Eppy 3. If the second most powerful Jedi was alive, Yoda would have to feel Mace's life force at some point.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #84
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
He knew Anakin was coming, but he was in mortal terror after losing his lightsaber. If you watch him scurry away after the kick, it's pretty obvious that Palps knew he was at the mercy of the one Jedi who had enough skill and attitude to kill him.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #85
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I've seen that movie and I don't want its mentality applied to SW.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #86
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I've seen that movie and I don't want its mentality applied to SW.

I don't think anybody does. I just find the idea of Mace Windu returning unless it's a prequel or spinoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I still don't see how Yoda wouldn't have sensed Mace being alive. We saw Yoda sense Anakin's heartbreak in Eppy 2 and we saw him sense the start of the Jedi Purge in Eppy 3. If the second most powerful Jedi was alive, Yoda would have to feel Mace's life force at some point.

That's a good point. Maybe he kept it a secret and Mace was supposed to be Yoda's ace up his sleeve.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #87
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

I also got it that Sidious was plenty faking when Mace almost got him. I mean he was fighting like a demon possesed Spiderman when there were 3 guys trying to kill him, and the 2 that aren't Mace aren't even allowed to do anything. Perhaps because he knew Mace was the one with the kill policy. If Sidius got arrested, it would not be a huge loss to Anakin. But he wanted him alive to get the secret of eternal life.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #88
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalbiel View Post
How about no?!?!?!?!
How about I was being sarcastic at the end, but I guess it is hard to tell if someone is over the internet.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #89
Jenkins11
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Maybe he did sense that he was still alive but did not say anything. All the surviving Jedi had to go into hiding at the end of Episode III due to the rise of the Empire. We never actually saw Windu die on screen in Episode III so they could bring him back for Episode VII if they want. They could explain that he was in hiding during the events of Episode's IV-VI or perhaps he was leading the fight against the Empire in another part of the Galaxy.

Jenkins11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #90
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins11 View Post
Maybe he did sense that he was still alive but did not say anything. All the surviving Jedi had to go into hiding at the end of Episode III due to the rise of the Empire. We never actually saw Windu die on screen in Episode III so they could bring him back for Episode VII if they want. They could explain that he was in hiding during the events of Episode's IV-VI or perhaps he was leading the fight against the Empire in another part of the Galaxy.
Yep, for all we know, Yoda looked him up and found him on some out of the way world as a drunken nutcase and left him there.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #91
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick

It's totally acceptable, as long as its a bit part & he look like Jules from Pulp Fiction...otherwise, no!

Jedi-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #92
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Mace survive and end up turning Dark Side. The near death experience made him snap

Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #93
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I'd like to see Mace survive and end up turning Dark Side. The near death experience made him snap
I remember during the PT there were fan rumors circulating that Mace was really a sith. I have to admit, i was among the ones who actually believed that rumor

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #94
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
I also got it that Sidious was plenty faking when Mace almost got him. I mean he was fighting like a demon possesed Spiderman when there were 3 guys trying to kill him, and the 2 that aren't Mace aren't even allowed to do anything. Perhaps because he knew Mace was the one with the kill policy. If Sidius got arrested, it would not be a huge loss to Anakin. But he wanted him alive to get the secret of eternal life.
That was the effects of the Sith Scream, which can even paralyze Jedi. Fisto and Windu were able to resist it. Windu's vaapad style of lightsaber combat (something not even Master Yoda practiced) enabled him to overcome Palpatine. Palps was faking his level of terror, but he was beaten in the duel.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #95
Jack Napier
Side-Kick

So...the Emperor put himself in a vulnerable position fighting Mace Windu so Anakin could take out his friend...and let himself be disfigured in the process?

That's a stretch for me to believe Mace is stronger than Sidious. I call plot hole on that one, Georgie.

Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote