4 2 7.41%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #201
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Kathryn Bigelow’s 'Zero Dark Thirty'

This was quite good. It was no Hurt Locker though. But it did it's job for the most part. A bit thin in characters and dialouge, while delivering in suspense and interestingness.

6/10

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #202
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

I just saw it. I also give it 6/10, maybe 7.

It was a well plotted but poorly written movie. The casting of well-known actors in the second half kind of took me out of it: around that time I was jokingly thinking that Osama Bin Laden was being hunted by Tony Soprano, Captain Jack Harkness and Special Agent Burt Macklin.

~H.E.~
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #203
moviedoors
Side-Kick

I'm two and a half hours out from finally having seen it and I can't stop turning it over in my head. This is astonishing film craft. Every little piece is in exactly the right place. Real characters, real performances, with not an ounce of showboating, on-the-nose nonsense. The plotting is nail biting in the most insidious, unnerving way. Bigelow is masterful with suspense. And thematically? Jesus. I could spend months trying to unpack it. It's so thoroughly baked into the characters and the plotting and it never tips its hand. It plops you smack dab in the middle of the grey. It's not going to hold your hand and tell you how to feel. Here it is: you deal with it. It's the abyss that stares back into you. You could write a college thesis on the last shot alone. This is filmmaking for grown ups.

Last edited by moviedoors; 02-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.
moviedoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #204
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I really liked this film. Reminded me of Zodiac, but far more intense. Jennifer Elhe's character made me want to punch her during that meeting with the doctor. I certainly hope that's not how went in real life.