Total crap 0 0%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
i think it shows enough. it gives us the overall tone and jist of the story. the start is slow, but it builds like a crescendo into that amazing second half.
This. Great trailer, i love how it builds to an epic 2nd half that ends on a high note.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #52
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Zack Snyder's movies have never really been bright and cheery. Even Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole is a pretty dark movie for it being a children's movie.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #53
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I had to say perfection with this bad boy, the dramatic and epic tone they chose won me over. Impressed me more than I thought it would.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #54
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I knew I would love it but it still blew me away

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #55
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I knew I would love it but it still blew me away
What did you like about it?

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #56
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I voted perfection. The trailer did everything that I thought it should. Have no doubt now the GA will take Superman seriously and be interesting in seeing the film.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #57
JAKŪ
Upstart

The film doesn't look dark. In terms of visuals as well as story. It looks serious, yes, but that isn't necessarily bad. And I'd say that the film is overexposed, as in bright, rather than underexposed like a Nolan movie is. The colours are washed out but they're still light, very high contrast.

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #58
the last son
Side-Kick

The line from Kent maybe you should have let them die, I ask why? He was suppose to let some kids die, possibly? Really?

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #59
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
The film doesn't look dark. In terms of visuals as well as story. It looks serious, yes, but that isn't necessarily bad. And I'd say that the film is overexposed, as in bright, rather than underexposed like a Nolan movie is. The colours are washed out but they're still light, very high contrast.
That's the phrase I was looking for. Washed out. Like a gray mist over everything. Lol.im not saying it has to be bright and cheery, but superman is supposed to be a symbol of hope and justice. Something to aspire to and a hero for us all. Although I see they are trying to make him more Relatable. Again, I'm sure the movie will be fantastic. I just don't love the tone of it so far. The shots of the superman costume are BEAUTIFUL though. Love the bit where he is in space

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #60
dreamel
Side-Kick

For me it was perfection! LOVED IT! This is the first time I ever cried during a trailer! It had the right balance of emotion and action, I'm sure the movie itself will have plenty of action, I don't want them to give it all away in the trailers.

I wish we had a line of Lois, but the emotion shown through Amy Adams' eyes was enough for me to be convinced that she is perfect for the role and that she has a wonderful chemistry with Henry Cavill.

Imagine if this brunette would have gotten the role of Lois:

dreamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #61
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
The line from Kent maybe you should have let them die, I ask why? He was suppose to let some kids die, possibly? Really?
He says maybe because he is conflicted, he doesn't want to say yes because he didn't want the kids to die, and he doesn't want to say no because he is concerned about Clark's safety.

It's a hard question that is very relevant to the character of Superman. Is he obligated to help everyone? Is it fair to expect him to?

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #62
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
It has a noir feel to it which I'm loving. It does remind me of the Fleischer series a bit in visual tones with the dark yet vibrant colors and contrast.

StarvingArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #63
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
What did you like about it?
The way it was filmed looks more gritty than I thought before

Supernan taking off and flying over the earth

Finally a good look at Zod

Pretty much everything but the above we're personal highlights

Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #64
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
He says maybe because he is conflicted, he doesn't want to say yes because he didn't want the kids to die, and he doesn't want to say no because he is concerned about Clark's safety.

It's a hard question that is very relevant to the character of Superman. Is he obligated to help everyone? Is it fair to expect him to?
Yes. You can see he is pained by the question. He is concerned by the responsibility that his son seems to feel due to his powers, and no doubt worried that this responsibility is too much for his son to handle. It is quite a spiritual burden. Not to mention the danger the world would pose to his son if they found out about his abilities.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #65
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
That's the phrase I was looking for. Washed out. Like a gray mist over everything. Lol.im not saying it has to be bright and cheery, but superman is supposed to be a symbol of hope and justice. Something to aspire to and a hero for us all. Although I see they are trying to make him more Relatable. Again, I'm sure the movie will be fantastic. I just don't love the tone of it so far. The shots of the superman costume are BEAUTIFUL though. Love the bit where he is in space
Agreed 100%. Thanks for reading my mind (and saving me the trouble of typing all that!)

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #66
Mike22
Side-Kick

Speaking from the HEART, this is a good trailer and I look forward to the movie now more than ever, however, what bothers me is how this will look in the eyes of the general audience. I have this fear that they might look at this and be burdened with the painful memories of Superman Returns, basically that they will find it to be boring and just decide to skip it.
They should have ended the trailer with Superman and Zod going all out, not showing everything, but just a few seconds of vicious fighting to excite the younger members of the audience.

Mike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #67
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

"Painful memories of Superman Returns?" The film wasn't that bad. I think most of the GA has forgotten it even exists.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #68
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I liked the trailer.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #69
Anno_Domini
Banned User

For a first time in a while, I'm excited to see Superman as I was when I was a kid watching Superman: The Move the very first time.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #70
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Trailer was Good
The movie will be Great

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #71
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamel View Post
Imagine if this brunette would have gotten the role of Lois:
I'm betting she was....happy in this scene, yes?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #72
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Trailer was perfect just hope they haven't forgot Superman is a person that smiles every once in a while not a gloomy ****er like he seems in the trailer.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #73
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Speaking from the HEART, this is a good trailer and I look forward to the movie now more than ever, however, what bothers me is how this will look in the eyes of the general audience. I have this fear that they might look at this and be burdened with the painful memories of Superman Returns, basically that they will find it to be boring and just decide to skip it.
They should have ended the trailer with Superman and Zod going all out, not showing everything, but just a few seconds of vicious fighting to excite the younger members of the audience.
What are you talking about? You and I may not have liked Superman Returns, but it was hardly a mega flop that forever killed the Superman franchise.

Frankly I am getting REALLY tired of so many people whining and complaining about either wanting to see Superman punch things, or concerned that if there's no violence in Man of Steel then it will be a **** movie. Newsflash: fist fights and destruction don't equal a good film. As for those whose judgement of film hinge on only that, they're free to enjoy their Bay at their leisure. Most audiences want to see a GOOD movie, which is what I hope Man of Steel turns out to be.

StarvingArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #74
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Trailer was perfect just hope they haven't forgot Superman is a person that smiles every once in a while not a gloomy ****er like he seems in the trailer.
You have to remember this us a Superman whose unsure of himself, maybe when he saves the world the people will give him the belief and he will start to seem happier knowing he's found his place in the world.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #75
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
"Painful memories of Superman Returns?" The film wasn't that bad. I think most of the GA has forgotten it even exists.
I said it fully realizing what I was typing. Since the last Reeve movie there has only been made one other Superman movie and that's Superman Returns.
Due to the immense popularity of these kind of movies these days I do tend to get into conversations about this very often and the one constant thing I hear about Superman Returns is how boring they thought it was, it's incredible really, they same physical reaction, just that blank look on their face like they couldn't care any less.
So yeah, painful memories, not in the sense of the traumatic ( some fan-boys excluded) but in the sense of how a moviegoer feels after he has been paid to watch a movie and later regretted doing so.

Mike22 is offline   Reply With Quote