Okay 14 6.22%
Weak 6 2.67%
Total crap 0 0%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #76
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I hesitate to call it perfection but that moment he first takes flight is the first time a trailer has ever brought a tear to my eye.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #77
JAK®
Upstart

His facial expression when he is with Lois gives me hope. He may not be smiling but to me it reads as "I have everything under control", which is just pure Superman. In fact I think nailing that look is more important than the smile.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #78
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Normal people don't even remember SR.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #79
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Normal people don't even remember SR.
Exactly. It isn't as if this film has to overcome "Batman and Robin."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #80
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Speaking from the HEART, this is a good trailer and I look forward to the movie now more than ever, however, what bothers me is how this will look in the eyes of the general audience. I have this fear that they might look at this and be burdened with the painful memories of Superman Returns, basically that they will find it to be boring and just decide to skip it.
They should have ended the trailer with Superman and Zod going all out, not showing everything, but just a few seconds of vicious fighting to excite the younger members of the audience.
That trailer is inevitable. Possibly the third or fourth trailer. I am certain.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #81
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
What are you talking about? You and I may not have liked Superman Returns, but it was hardly a mega flop that forever killed the Superman franchise.
Maybe not to that degree, but it sure isn't going to help the MOS franchise, which was my point to begin with.
Quote:
Frankly I am getting REALLY tired of so many people whining and complaining about either wanting to see Superman punch things, or concerned that if there's no violence in Man of Steel then it will be a **** movie. Newsflash: fist fights and destruction don't equal a good film. As for those whose judgement of film hinge on only that, they're free to enjoy their Bay at their leisure. Most audiences want to see a GOOD movie, which is what I hope Man of Steel turns out to be.
Heh, you should have a talk with the Transformers audience about this little complaint of yours, Honestly, I could barely stand to watch those movies, as all that action just became so.frikkin.boring when there's isn't a real interesting story behind it all.

But I do stand by what I said. Superman returns is to Superman what Batman and Robin was to batman, and MOS has some obstacles to overcome, and that's why I insist that there should have been a bit more on the physical confrontations to remove all doubts that this one is not like the last one.

And just to make things clear, I am fully aware that there will be major fight scenes in this movie, so when I express my fear it's not on behalf of my self and how I will experience the movie but only because of how the general audience will react, you know, the very same people whose money will ensure a sequel.

Mike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #82
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You have to remember this us a Superman whose unsure of himself, maybe when he saves the world the people will give him the belief and he will start to seem happier knowing he's found his place in the world.
Clark was raised on a farm by loving parents and had a happy upbringing, its why his so optimistic and cheerful. It would be nice if this was portrayed, don't get me wrong not bashing in anyway as don't even know what's in the film. Just would like them to show certain traits of the character still remain in tact.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #83
dreamel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'm betting she was....happy in this scene, yes?
Yeah maybe!

dreamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #84
Mike22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
That trailer is inevitable. Possibly the third or fourth trailer. I am certain.
No doubt it will, I was just hoping a small part of that would've been on this trailer.

Mike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #85
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Absolutely loved the trailer myself. I loved Superman Returns, it will always hold a special place for me as it got me REALLY into Superman which lead to reading the comics, etc.

But yeah, LOVING the look of this, it actually looks like they are focusing on what makes him Superman a lot, i loved kid Clark's question "What was I supposed to do? Let 'em die?" as that is kid Clark all over and we know this festers into what makes Superman, well, super, later in life, he will do anything to protect humanity and his adopted planet and will take on anyone who tries to harm it/them.

Superb trailer for me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #86
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
Maybe not to that degree, but it sure isn't going to help the MOS franchise, which was my point to begin with.

Heh, you should have a talk with the Transformers audience about this little complaint of yours, Honestly, I could barely stand to watch those movies, as all that action just became so.frikkin.boring when there's isn't a real interesting story behind it all.

But I do stand by what I said. Superman returns is to Superman what Batman and Robin was to batman, and MOS has some obstacles to overcome, and that's why I insist that there should have been a bit more on the physical confrontations to remove all doubts that this one is not like the last one.

And just to make things clear, I am fully aware that there will be major fight scenes in this movie, so when I express my fear it's not on behalf of my self and how I will experience the movie but only because of how the general audience will react, you know, the very same people whose money will ensure a sequel.
I disagree with that comparison. Superman 4 was to Superman what Batman and Robin was to Batman. It was 19 years between that movie and Superman Returns.

StarvingArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #87
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quite possibly the most impressive trailer I've seen in the past few years. I had been thinking "Yeah I like Super-Man, I'll go see it." but now I'm in a whole new area of excited. Can't wait!

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #88
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Average at best. I was hoping this trailer would lift my already down spirits on this film, but it didn't do anything. Music could have been better, colors were muted, and the CGI was very noticeable.

Still not expecting much from this when it hits, sadly.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #89
Mgneto
Side-Kick

Two trailers have previously stood out to me as fantastic before this one- the initial trailers for XMen: TLS and The Dark Knight. One of those two movies turned out great, the other horrible.

This one is better than both, so I'm hopeful. As impressive a trailer as I could imagine at this point, very well done.

Mgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #90
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

I thought it was great, but not perfect. I think perfect is the 2nd theatrical trailer for Star Trek. That trailer had EVERYTHING you want to see for a summer blockbuster movie. It will be hard to reach that level of perfection.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #91
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
I thought it was great, but not perfect. I think perfect is the 2nd theatrical trailer for Star Trek. That trailer had EVERYTHING you want to see for a summer blockbuster movie. It will be hard to reach that level of perfection.
I still watch that trailer. It's so well cut, it's just wonderful.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #92
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I thought it was good, but I wasn't blown away. I felt the Star Trek trailer was a little more compelling.

I do appreciate that this is a different take, and shouldn't suffer from Bryan Singer's rehash of a tribute film to Richard Donner's Superman. On the other hand, I didn't feel that there was anything all that spectacular, or something I hadn't seen before.

I'm sure it will be good, and will be a good step forward for the franchise, but I'm not sure how this will play out to people who aren't Superman fans.

The film has a terrible release date, and that's not going to help matters either. You think WB would have learned their lesson after Green Lantern.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #93
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
agreed.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #94
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
What Star Trek Abraham's? do you mean the first film or the second one?

Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #95
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
What Star Trek Abraham's? do you mean the first film or the second one?
This trailer...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #96
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
This trailer...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Thats a great trailer but its more action driven with loads of money shots.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #97
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

I think part of the reason I thought the trailer was great, not perfect, is because once he starts flying all of the shots go by too quick. There's no time for us to let the shot sink in. They put so many shots in the trailer that we're bombarded with a plethora of great shots. Shots like the fisherman throwing his net, Clark holding the girl during the tornado sequence and Malone's character with someone else looking at something went by way too quick...and they weren't exactly money shot material. So they could've done away with those and given more time to other shots.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #98
Pinky021
Side-Kick

It was ok, I really was expecting more. Let's see how the next one comes out...

''I have an army''... ''We have a Hulk!''
Pinky021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #99
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

The next trailer is during the Super bowl right?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #100
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

The more I watch the trailer, the more I like it.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote