The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #376
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
R u sure? Why do I see the opposite thing in the trailer? Perhaps they think to have superman being punched like sandbag and coughing out blood is more sale guarantee. superman punching someone is boring and being done. Don’t u think?
Superman flying vertically and winding up a punch at a armed up villain is probably what he was referring to.

In hindsight the trailers for Returns were pretty lame. Especially the one where Lex screamed "wrong"
All this has to do is "look" better than that and it will peak interest.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #377
sf2
Side-Kick

It could be ending up being punched up to the sky. Just saying.
N I dont remember any SR trailer has lex screaming wronGgggg...

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #378
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

LOL. The "wrrrronnggg" was supposed to be scary I guess, and I just laughed at it.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #379
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Hopefully a good omen for MOS Anticipation....this is a follow-up to the Yahoo User Poll that went on for a week.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...193339086.html

Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #380
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-El View Post
Hopefully a good omen for MOS Anticipation....this is a follow-up to the Yahoo User Poll that went on for a week.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...193339086.html
That’s really good! Just 1% behind IM3! I don’t understand why Hunger Game is so damn popular. The movie is so boring and poor. Same as twilights.
Btw, is THor 2 coming out this year too?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #381
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

^^ THG books are miles better than the film. But that's the case with most adaptations.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #382
sf2
Side-Kick

I watched it in DVD. And I couldn’t finish it. Plain and boring. Can’t understand why so high the demand to watch the sequel.
Btw, why the sequel of THG and the Hobbit can come out so quickly? Just a year after the 1st movie!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #383
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
That's not what I'm referring too. It isn't his prediction of 400Mil to 500Mil domestic, it is the fact that he then balances that out with 150Mil internationally. Those types of ratios don't exist between domestic and international.
I gotcha, but I wasnt even referring to him. It was for everybody in here on the dom. take guess totals...

Last edited by GreenKToo; 01-10-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #384
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
R u sure? Why do I see the opposite thing in the trailer? Perhaps they think to have superman being punched like sandbag and coughing out blood is more sale guarantee. superman punching someone is boring and being done. Don’t u think?
We haven't seen Superman fight anyone in over 25 years on the big screen...smallville and DvD animated films don't count. So i'm not sure what you mean by its boring and been done...

Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #385
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
That’s really good! Just 1% behind IM3! I don’t understand why Hunger Game is so damn popular. The movie is so boring and poor. Same as twilights.
Btw, is THor 2 coming out this year too?
I don't get it either. The Hunger Games is just a rip off of Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Running Man in sheep's clothing. I went to see it for my girlfriend and was like wait a minute... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
We haven't seen Superman fight anyone in over 25 years on the big screen...smallville and DvD animated films don't count. So i'm not sure what you mean by its boring and been done...
Smallville def doesn't count. Especially when all they ever had Clark do was push people and never throw more then one punch at a time. The women however, They Fought! Lois, Lana, Tess, Chole... they kicked A$$! MMA style.

And please lets not mention the Quest for Peace and the word fight ever again. lol that arm wrestling mess they did in IV was atrocious. He Scratched Him... Scratched... hahaha on the neck no less, with his long press-on nails and made Supes deathly ill. lmao!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #386
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

All of your the *****ing about The Hunger Games isn't going to make Superman do any better at the box office and also they are coming out nowhere near eachother so what's. the point of complaining about that film in this thread?

I guess that's. the nature of some fanboys, trash another franchise because it's going to make more money than the franchises you like. I mean I think that Thor is boring and stupid but I'm not going to trash it's sequel just because some people might be looking forward to it more than a film I want to see.

And that Yahoo poll means absolutely nothing.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 01-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #387
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
All of your the *****ing about The Hunger Games isn't going to make Superman do any better at the box office and also they are coming out nowhere near eachother so what's. the point of complaining about that film in this thread?

I guess that's. the nature of some fanboys, trash another franchise because it's going to make more money than the franchises you like. I mean I think that Thor is boring and stupid but I'm not going to trash it's sequel just because some people might be looking forward to it more than a film I want to see.

What has that got to do with anything I said?? I personally think its a rip off that's it. Was it entertaining, yeah I thought it was fine. My girl read the books and gave me some insight where otherwise I wouldn't have cared.

What's happening is some 'fanboys' and girls and all those outside and in between, get butthurt if someone else says something opinionatedly negative about something they like. So they feel like they need to run defend it like they wrote it or staring in or producing it. I don't care one way or another about how much money Hunger Games makes. If it makes more hurah for them.

I just want more MOS on covers and in pages. Point blank.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #388
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It's 2006 all over again, when Superman fans bash every movie to prop up the new Superman movie. Ahh bad times.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 01-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #389
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

It's still baffling to me how that film sold almost as many domestic tickets as Nolan's third Bat film.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #390
Liam_H
Side-Kick

WOM and weak competition in April.

Spill

Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #391
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

It being good too.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #392
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Well that's debatable

Spill

Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #393
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

As is the nature of all fanboys (and girls) to complain about just about anything.....isn't it?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #394
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
The math on your domestic/international ratio is a bit unbalanced.
Good point Showtime.

Let me revise then, to predict that domestically the movie will gross 350 mil, and internationally will pull in in the area of 400 mil -- for a very healthy worldwide total of 750 million, which of course WB would be ecstatic with.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #395
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Thor did 450 Mill and cost 25 mil less then MOS to film, and Thor is getting a sequel.
True, but when they Made Thor it was under the presumption that it would be followed up by the Avengers, so there was already a built in advantage with the studio knowing that the Character would be featured in an almost surefire blockbuster hit, regardless of how well Thor fared at the box office. Because of this, a sequel was almost a foregone conclusion before the original movie was ever shot.

The same cannot be said for Superman, regardless of whether Cavill participates in the Justice League picture or not. For starters, there is no guarantee that Justice League will approach the same numbers that the Avengers did.

MOS needs to pull big numbers, because at this point, there are no guarantees.

If MOS flops box office-wise, I doubt that even a successful Justice League movie featuring Cavill would be enough to greenlight a sequel to MOS.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #396
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbull23 View Post
Good point Showtime.

Let me revise then, to predict that domestically the movie will gross 350 mil, and internationally will pull in in the area of 400 mil -- for a very healthy worldwide total of 750 million, which of course WB would be ecstatic with.
I can definitely see that. I think that's the number I will settle on. That sounds about right.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #397
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
It being good too.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Well that's debatable
It's always debatable rather a movie is good or not. I've hated movies that most audiences loved and I've loved movies that audiences hated. It's obviously about opinions.

Back to thread topic:

Don't see 300mil domestic happening. I say at most it does 275mil. I think that 400mil overseas isn't a bad perdiction though.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 01-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #398
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
exactly!!! The “boring & been done” isn’t from me. It’s the film maker’s perception! And persistently!!! That’s why been 25 years we still haven’t seen a good fight of superman. We might now joke sarcastically on the so-called “pseudo prison rape scene” in SR. but the film maker really thought it’s gonna sell at that time. They made it as the climate of the movie!!! They ever invited the medias when filming that scene!!! You know…
And if you have read some of the abandoned scripts, you would have known that This is WB’s / their perception on how to treat superman proper and good.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #399
GreenKToo
In the fire

I have, several of them in fact...and the 2nd draft of abrams script was by far the best ( for me it was )

Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #400
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have, several of them in fact...and the 2nd draft of abrams script was by far the best ( for me it was )
I can’t recall now. I do remember I hate the “Lara getting raped, suit in can, shoes seller Lex, lois- obsessed superman” though.
Well, my main point is they seem reluctant to do it the traditional, the faithful way in the past 20+ years.
They are so possessed to reinvent the wheel. “Nicolas cage as superman, Tim Burton as the director“ is the perfect example. With one of the most horrible scripts that I have read.
And no joke. They were this close to start the filming… with the pre-production all ready for the shoot…

Last edited by sf2; 01-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Closed Thread