The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #151
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
500/550 mill ww and we'll get a sequel i'll wager.
Exactly. It's insane to believe that WB won't make a sequel unless the movie makes 600 or 700mil. I think that WB will pay attention to the audience reception and reviews as well. Do we really believe that WB wouldn't make a sequel to MOS if it does 250mil domestically and the same internationally with 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and more importantly good notices from the audience? Will they really say "nope it didn't make 600mil, no chance of a sequel." Star Trek made less than 400mil and it got a sequel and First Class 2 is about to start filming and even Superman Returns was close to getting a sequel.

Some are overestimating how much this movie needs to make for a sequel to be greenlit.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 12-16-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #152
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Exactly. It's insane to believe that WB won't make a sequel unless the movie makes 600 or 700mil. I think that WB will pay attention to the audience reception and reviews as well. Do we really believe that WB wouldn't make a sequel to MOS if it does 250mil domestically and the same internationally with 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and more importantly good notices from the audience? Will they really say "nope it didn't make 600mil, no chance of a sequel." Star Trek made less than 400mil and it got a sequel and First Class 2 is about to get a sequel and even Superman Returns was close to getting a sequel.

Some are overestimating how much this movie needs to make for a sequel to be greenlit.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #153
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Yarp. I don't think Wb is expecting to make $700m+ (certainly hoping for it though). I'd consider circa $500m + being well recieved as a big win and a very solid foundation to build on.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 12-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #154
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm really curious to see how much this film will gross its opening weekend.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #155
sf2
Side-Kick

Skyfall is about making $1billion WW. And it’s still having strong legs. Wow. Never thought that.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #156
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Skyfall was definitley a surprise hit, I knew it would make a decent amount of money but nowhere near the numbers its getting.I'm glad because I feels its one of the best Bond films of all time.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #157
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Skyfall was definitley a surprise hit, I knew it would make a decent amount of money but nowhere near the numbers its getting.I'm glad because I feels its one of the best Bond films of all time.
so it’s really back to the quality of the film. If it is good, it will do good. If it is great, it will do great.
Wait… Life of Pi is a great film… but it doesn’t do that good in domestic.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #158
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Because Life of Pi is not that type of movie. Its legs show that its doing great.

Spill

Old 12-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #159
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

My buddy Shawn Robbins (guest host of Movie Moan) wrote this. REAAAAAAAD IIIIIIIT!!!

Quote:
Twitter Report: 'Man of Steel' Soars
December 18, 2012
by Shawn Robbins

If Warner Bros. is hoping for 2013's Man of Steel to carry the torch left behind by Chris Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, they're off to the right start. Early last week, the studio debuted the first full trailer online (second overall when counting the summer's shorter teaser trailer) and it immediately made waves throughout the Internet. In fact, within 24 hours the film was tracking as highly as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - during the middle of its release week - on our daily Twitter tracking.

Man of Steel
yielded over 43,000 tweets on Tuesday, December 11 with an excellent 17:1 positive-to-negative comment ratio. The tweet count represented a 10,674 percent increase in Twitter activity from the day before.

To give an idea of how impressive that single day tweet total is for Man of Steel, it exceeded that of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2's 41,870 tweets generated on the day of its first full trailer's release back in June. The Twilight franchise has always had an incredibly strong following across social media platforms, and while the same can be said of comic book movies and their fans, this kind of interest level is a great sign when considering Superman's disappointing box office history after the early 1980s.

Man of Steel
's Twitter activity was also near identical to that of The Dark Knight Rises when its first full trailer debuted online almost exactly one year ago. The Batman finale tallied 41,629 tweets on December 19, 2011, a 997 percent jump from the day before.

Another comparison of note: Marvel's The Avengers debuted its second trailer on February 29 of this year, generating 37,021 tweets on that day and representing an 1,161 percent increase in activity from the day before.

In short: so far, thanks to the large number of online fans and expanded interest that Christopher Nolan's producing credit brings in addition to director Zack Snyder's own established brand, Warner Bros. and DC Comics are definitely hitting the right notes when it comes to the first stage of marketing for this highly anticipated summer tent pole.

Man of Steel is currently scheduled for release on Friday, June 14, 2013. You can view the trailer below.
http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/20...t-man-of-steel

Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #160
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
My buddy Shawn Robbins (guest host of Movie Moan) wrote this. REAAAAAAAD IIIIIIIT!!!

This is such great news, i'm really hopeful this film will be a critical and profitable success.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #161
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

That's fantastic news as long as they keep up the awesomeness with the next trailer I'm confident this is gonna be a big hitter.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #162
Heat Vision
Banned User

Wow! Fantastic news!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #163
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

That is good news.

It took a few days but the trailer grew on me, I think that it's great.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #164
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Hardly surprising. This is going to be next summers biggest break out.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #165
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

This film is doing 100m+ opening weekend for sure.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #166
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:

Wow. Maybe i have been under playing it, but i sure hate to get my hopes up again.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #167
Heat Vision
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
This film is doing 100m+ opening weekend for sure.
I truly hope so!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #168
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Wow. Maybe i have been under playing it, but i sure hate to get my hopes up again.
me too. And is your friend a superman fan too? Would he be bias giving his opinion?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #169
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Hardly surprising. This is going to be next summers biggest break out.
I think MoS and Pacific Rim are going to be huge hits this summer.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #170
Liam_H
Side-Kick

WB certainly hopes so.

Spill

Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #171
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think MoS and Pacific Rim are going to be huge hits this summer.
MOS I can see. I wouldn't bet on Pacific Rim though. Guillermo del Toro is more of a cult film director. So whilst you and I love his films they don't exactly light the world on fire. And if that mediocre trailer is anything to go by (as in completely disregarded by most people) I can't see it raking it in big next year either. People will say 'but look at how popular the transformers movies were', but I think they underestimate how important Shia labeuf and Megan Fox were to drawing the 'mainstream' to those movies.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #172
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

$100M 3-Day opening!?!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, folks. Best to take a step back and breathe.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #173
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
MOS I can see. I wouldn't bet on Pacific Rim though. Guillermo del Toro is more of a cult film director. So whilst you and I love his films they don't exactly light the world on fire. And if that mediocre trailer is anything to go by (as in completely disregarded by most people) I can't see it raking it in big next year either. People will say 'but look at how popular the transformers movies were', but I think they underestimate how important Shia labeuf and Megan Fox were to drawing the 'mainstream' to those movies.
u must be kidding.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #174
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
u must be kidding.
No and that's what I mean. Since the movies were a hit for the young demographic. Do you really think teenage girls are interested in robots fighting. It's more the 'hipness' of everything in it. The camaros and other flashy cars, plus Megan Fox who was very 'hot' in terms of coverage at the time.

Back to Pacific Rim. There's not that 'cool' angle of kids going through high school or college or whatever. It's more... look if I have to keep explaining you aren't gonna get it. But there's a huge difference.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #175
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
No and that's what I mean. Since the movies were a hit for the young demographic. Do you really think teenage girls are interested in robots fighting. It's more the 'hipness' of everything in it. The camaros and other flashy cars, plus Megan Fox who was very 'hot' in terms of coverage at the time.

Back to Pacific Rim. There's not that 'cool' angle of kids going through high school or college or whatever. It's more... look if I have to keep explaining you aren't gonna get it. But there's a huge difference.
Is it kinda like twilights? Even though the films are as good as rubbish, they still made millions because the teenage girls were crazy to see that white face guy with that stiff face girl, and not so much about the vampire and werewolf. So not all vampire and werewolf film can guarantee making money. Right?

Closed Thread